Issues for BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Issues for BDC

>RESPECT  .........

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

What is clear is that the issues described several weeks ago have not been fixed. Ads keep popping up where there should be posts; the site is slow to load; and we have to refresh this site sometimes multiple times to access a thread. That and the mods do not seem to have much in the way of good judgement about deleting harmless posts are making this site very difficult to work with. Perhaps we could get an update from Dottie about when a fix is expected??

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

What is clear is that the issues described several weeks ago have not been fixed. Ads keep popping up where there should be posts; the site is slow to load; and we have to refresh this site sometimes multiple times to access a thread. That and the mods do not seem to have much in the way of good judgement about deleting harmless posts are making this site very difficult to work with. Perhaps we could get an update from Dottie about when a fix is expected??

in my case I am sure I know who is hitting the personal attack button.

And BILL-806 is off the grid , again ?????????

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Dottie,  Why am I still in exile ????  Please look into it..... Thanking you in advance,  BILL-806

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Dottie...please..please...please..ask the moderators to actually read threads and comments that are flagged before just deleting them. The list of threads and comments which abide by the BDC terms of service yet still get removed is growing by the day and I fear that deleting comments without discretion only serves to encourage people who flag everything they disagree with.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Dottie...please..please...please..ask the moderators to actually read threads and comments that are flagged before just deleting them. The list of threads and comments which abide by the BDC terms of service yet still get removed is growing by the day and I fear that deleting comments without discretion only serves to encourage people who flag everything they disagree with.

Thank You Miscricket,  I 2nd that ..........  And thanks for all your help in yesterdays fiasco !!        Bill-806

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

Thank You Miscricket,  I 2nd that ..........  And thanks for all your help in yesterdays fiasco !!        Bill-806

[/QUOTE]

Ughhh..and I had yet another harmless comment removed. I think I am going to go back to spending more time on DU. I like this format a little better....but it is becoming a waste of effort to post here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The deleting of posts also discourages posting, one reason why I seldom visit the political forum.  Even on rarely visited forums, I have had posts removed and I am guessing it was by the one and only person who left a post the first several months it was up....re: Boston Citywalks.

[/QUOTE]

The politics forum has improved somewhat since the departure..once again...of a somewhat crazy poster...so at least that. However...it should not matter who is flagging comments and posts...BDC should not be deleting them without cause. "Flagging" should not be the sole reason for a post to be deleted..and like I stated earlier..if people are flagging comments and threads simply because they don't agree with..or don't like..a particular poster..then it is time to step away from the keyboard for a while.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

yes, mods need to start actually doing their job and read through flagged posts before deleting them. the politics forum is basically one clique and if you post anything they disagree with they will flag your post and the lazy mods just delete the posts. if every post that is flagged gets deleted then what is the point of even having mods? just let posters delete any post they disagree with. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

yes, mods need to start actually doing their job and read through flagged posts before deleting them. the politics forum is basically one clique and if you post anything they disagree with they will flag your post and the lazy mods just delete the posts. if every post that is flagged gets deleted then what is the point of even having mods? just let posters delete any post they disagree with. 

Ive emailed BDC directly and they said they would talk to the manager of the company they use and let them know not to just block a post becase it has been reported, and to read the content of the post. Other posters will report a post just because they dont like another poster. Sometimes if theres a newbie working there it can happen. Thats what I was told.

It was happening to Bill the other day, which is what provoked me to send the email.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Persistent problems despite multiple complaints to fix them:

1. Deleting posts simply because they were reported

2. Deleting harmless threads

3. Having to refresh the screen numerous times (I did it at least 10 times yesterday) to be able to post

4. Getting ads in the last post box instead of the post

These are not new problems. They have been around for months and the management has to be aware of them. Can we PLEASE get a timetable for when they will be FIXED?

Sections
Shortcuts