Issues for BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Issues for BDC

Well I'm getting the famous '<br>' again when using Firefox.  

Why on earth there are still issues are beyond me.  The last time I complained I guilt trip about being insensitive and that I should have known it was 'because of the bombing'......well....here we are MONTHS later and the same issues persist.  What's the next guilt trip/excuse? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe one of you IT geeks can get a clue and figure this out. Seriously, I have friends that can do this. since April this site has had more issues and now this one. Maybe some more schooling would help? Im outta here. I really like this site and some people here, but its unenjoyable when I cant even post because something like this below keeps coming up. 

Error 503 backend read error

backend read error

Guru Meditation:

XID: 62356627

Varnish cache server

[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to be offensive Southpaw..but really..if you were BDC..why would you even bother? I don't mean this against you personally..but this Sox forum has become insufferable. I rarely check back anymore because it seems like every thread in the forum devolves into some sort of personal attack against whatever poster people don't like.  No one is hitting the "report" button yet people are getting reported left and right and the board is full of "this comment has been removed" posts. If you are not someone who is here everyday..then these threads become..well..insufferable and tedious because you are missing more than half of every conversation.

In my opinion..there are a group of posters who feel that they have to be the 'forum police" and that has led to a general decline in the quality of the sox forum. This happened briefly in the politics forum with one poster who thought she was the forum police. Thankfully..she moved on and it's much better.

Yes..I know I can choose to ignore people and posts..but geesh..it's hard to find a post where the comments are kept right on baseball and there are no accusations of this person being softy or that person being jack or whatever phantom anonymous poster wars the forum police feel like fighting that day. Who really cares if someone has many accounts? Does it really matter that much in the grand scheme of things?

If I were BDC I would scrap this forum altogether and not spend one more second on it. I don't love the format of a couple of the other Sox chat forums..but format isn't everything and the content and coversations are more adult for sure.

I've been on forums where the sponsors check out. All the signs are there that this forum is going to be on life support pretty soon. No web developer in their right mind wants to spend time improving a site where adults act like whiny babies. I am sure BDC has much bigger fish to fry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe one of you IT geeks can get a clue and figure this out. Seriously, I have friends that can do this. since April this site has had more issues and now this one. Maybe some more schooling would help? Im outta here. I really like this site and some people here, but its unenjoyable when I cant even post because something like this below keeps coming up. 

backend read error

Guru Meditation:

XID: 62356627

Varnish cache server

[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to be offensive Southpaw..but really..if you were BDC..why would you even bother? I don't mean this against you personally..but this Sox forum has become insufferable. I rarely check back anymore because it seems like every thread in the forum devolves into some sort of personal attack against whatever poster people don't like.  No one is hitting the "report" button yet people are getting reported left and right and the board is full of "this comment has been removed" posts. If you are not someone who is here everyday..then these threads become..well..insufferable and tedious because you are missing more than half of every conversation.

In my opinion..there are a group of posters who feel that they have to be the 'forum police" and that has led to a general decline in the quality of the sox forum. This happened briefly in the politics forum with one poster who thought she was the forum police. Thankfully..she moved on and it's much better.

Yes..I know I can choose to ignore people and posts..but geesh..it's hard to find a post where the comments are kept right on baseball and there are no accusations of this person being softy or that person being jack or whatever phantom anonymous poster wars the forum police feel like fighting that day. Who really cares if someone has many accounts? Does it really matter that much in the grand scheme of things?

If I were BDC I would scrap this forum altogether and not spend one more second on it. I don't love the format of a couple of the other Sox chat forums..but format isn't everything and the content and coversations are more adult for sure.

I've been on forums where the sponsors check out. All the signs are there that this forum is going to be on life support pretty soon. No web developer in their right mind wants to spend time improving a site where adults act like whiny babies. I am sure BDC has much bigger fish to fry.

[/QUOTE]BINGO THAT  !!!!    I think all the WEB people have moved on to Washington D C to help out the "BIG O" with his 3 year roll out !!!!!      Just saying ............

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No web developer in their right mind wants to spend time improving a site where adults act like whiny babies.

[/QUOTE]

The "web developer" is concerned with clicks, not user content.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The 'Add your post' button works fine when I'm using my laptop with Windows 7 with Internet Explorer.  However, when using my desktop PC with Windows XP with Internet Explorer, the 'Add your post' button does not accept my posts or replys.

In as much as I prefer to sit at my desk with my morning coffee and use my PC, this problem with the 'Add your post' button is infuriating.

*~X( at wits' end

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If John Henry has disembarked from the duckboat maybe he can have his minions turn their attention to his "investment".

1) Gold star no longer works for me.

2) Every once in a while I click on the Front Burner, or back button and I get the Guru Meditation page.   Isn't that special.

3) Restore the author of the thread

[/QUOTE]

I've been getting this a lot today...glad it's not just me.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I sense that there are posting problems today ?????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I am continually getting this error over the past week.  It doesn't matter if I am on my cell phone or my laptop or desktop.  It is independant of the connection source, so it tells me that there is a problem with your server over there.  Here is the error I get when I try to pull up the forums or submit a response about 10% of the time.

backend read error

Guru Meditation:

XID: 399755738

Varnish cache server

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Hi Dottie!

I have a question concerning sending a private message to a poster. When I clicked on the posters profile and hit message, it told me to either register or log in. I am already logged in. and when I go to my own profile, the messages I have received are not there. what gives?

thanks in advance

Hammah

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hi Dottie!

I have a question concerning sending a private message to a poster. When I clicked on the posters profile and hit message, it told me to either register or log in. I am already logged in. and when I go to my own profile, the messages I have received are not there. what gives?

thanks in advance

Hammah

[/QUOTE]
    I'm replying to my own post because the problem still exists. I can't read my own messages received. oy!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hi Dottie!

thanks in advance

Hammah

[/QUOTE]
    I'm replying to my own post because the problem still exists. I can't read my own messages received. oy!

[/QUOTE]Stay at it Hammah !!!!   The Navy is here if you need us !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

<br/>                This is back again at least for some of my opportunities to post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:
    [QUOTE]

<br/>                This is back again at least for some of my opportunities to post.

[/QUOTE]If you like your Insurance, you may keep your Insurance.....  If you like your Doctor, you may keep your Doctor !!!!!!       "PERIOD"   !!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

If you like your Insurance, you may keep your Insurance.....  If you like your Doctor, you may keep your Doctor !!!!!!       "PERIOD"   !!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Billy, sorry I must be older than Dad, Are you saying it means back room medical assistance that may be greater than  or may be less than what I already have???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If you like your Insurance, you may keep your Insurance.....  If you like your Doctor, you may keep your Doctor !!!!!!       "PERIOD"   !!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Billy, sorry I must be older than Dad, Are you saying it means back room medical assistance that may be greater than  or may be less than what I already have???

[/QUOTE]No, I was just drawing the comparison between our sometimes troubled BDC board and the 3 YEAR ROLL OUT of some of the "BIG O's"  biggest lies !!!!!   Just a little humor here while waiting for SPRING TRAINING  !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Hi Dotti,

Hammah here. I am still unable to read any of my messages and when I tried to send you a message it kept asking me to log in (which I already am) or register. please help!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

Hi Dotti,

Hammah here. I am still unable to read any of my messages and when I tried to send you a message it kept asking me to log in (which I already am) or register. please help!

[/QUOTE]

Hammah (and others)...I would be hesitant to use the private message feature on this site. One of the posters in the politics forum is reporting that when she logs in she can see messages meant for other users. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Hi Dotti,

Heh Hammah,

My friend. Saw that you are having trouble with the Message function.

It is one of my major software glitches for some time.

BDC and I worked on it one afternoon. I tried three different browsers. They are stuck as to what the problem is.

However, on one browser I got a bit of a surprise. I not only had messages from you and other friends, I had messages from posters I had never heard of that were obviously intended for someone else. Eg. someone name Tennessemoonshiner. Who is that? I know I am getting older, but not so old I would not remember him as well as the other names that were a surprise.

My husband, who has not posted for sometime, then logged in. Surprise. He also had a slew of messages from posters he had never heard of as well as messages that were for him. And messages intended for me. Yikes!!!

I filled out the feedback form, as has he, to ask BDC to delete all of our messages. We will lose even the ones we prefer to keep. I am going to copy those before they are deleted.

BDC has to do this for us because there is no place to do it ourselves as there should be. When the system works properly, you can delete messages yourself.

Wish you would visit the political forums soon. It was nice when you posted. Hope you are following some of the threads.

Since I cannot message you, let me hope you and yours had a wonderful Xmas!

May I also wish you a joyous and bountiful New Year.

Your friend,

Andie

p.s. For now, you can find me in the political forums. I just look in on the Sox forum from time to time as well as this thread.

Wish the political forum had its own "Issues for BDC" thread but I think we are too small for that.

Sections
Shortcuts