Issues for BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Issues for BDC

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

Get rid of the ignore and report buttons. If people can't handle the coversation flow then they shouldn't be here.

Nice picture of Rosie, 49thparallel

I agree with you 100%.

I usually just follow the Sox forum rather than post but maybe next season i will try a little posting.

I post in the Articles and in the political forums. 

We have had a lull of deletions, but suddenly the number of "this post has been removed" has soared. This includes opening posts that contain only a copy of an article.

(The political forums, like the Sox forums, are pretty much all men. It took a little while to get used to that but I settled in after a month or two. It is a much smaller forum than this.)

When posts are removed some posters begin to point fingers with no reason at all...just suspicion and sometimes dislike and/or different points of view.

If there is a way to get a post removed, I would like to have it so BDC names who reported the post and the reasons for removing the post.

I think that would cut down on the use of the Report Button...esp. those who abuse it to no end.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I keep getting this in the message box and cannot enter a post until I refresh the page 1-6 times.

<br/>

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Thanks Moon it worked after one--let's see if this posts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

It did; it took two refreshes this time.

Thanks again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

the dreaded <br> for me too....a lot.  Why is that?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

When privacy becomes an issue, it may be time to shut the forum down until the bugs are fixed. Just a thought.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Champs, we'll either fix that problem today or shut off just that functionality.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

season greetings dottie

getting those gold stars working

would be a great way to start off the new yr

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Happy New Year Dotti,

I am receiving messages from posters that I don't even know. I tried to send you a message and it came to me. I see that andiejen responded with the same issue. this is wild. please please please help!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Hi Dotti,

Hammah here. I am still unable to read any of my messages and when I tried to send you a message it kept asking me to log in (which I already am) or register. please help!

Heh Hammah,

My friend. Saw that you are having trouble with the Message function.

It is one of my major software glitches for some time.

BDC and I worked on it one afternoon. I tried three different browsers. They are stuck as to what the problem is.

However, on one browser I got a bit of a surprise. I not only had messgaes from you and other friends, I had messages from posters I had never heard of that were obviously intended for someone else. Eg. someone name Tennessemoonshiner. Who is that? I know I am getting older, but not so old I would not remember him as well as the other names that were a surprise.

My husband, who has not posted for sometime, then logged in. Surprise. He also had a slew of messages from posters he had never heard of as well as messages that were for him. And messages intended for me. Yikes!!!

I filled out the feedback form, as has he, to ask BDC to delete all of our messages. We will lose even the ones we prefer to keep. I am going to copy those before they are deleted.

BDC has to do this for us because there is no place to do it ourselves as there should be. When the system works properly, you can delete messages yourself.

Wish you would visit the political forums soon. It was nice when you posted. Hope you are following some of the threads.

Since I cannot message you, let me hope you and yours had a wonderful Xmas!

May I also wish you a joyous and bountiful New Year.

Your friend,

Andie

p.s. For now, you can find me in the political forums. I just look in on the Sox forum from time to time as well as this thread.

Wish the political forum had its own "Issues for BDC" thread but I think we are too small for that.

thanks andie. I will check out the political forum.

Your friend as well, Hammah

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

My $.02, (not that any here will care what I think) is that if people wish to discuss off-topic (non-baseball) subjects, they should be left alone to do so as long as the discourse is not abusive or overly offensive. If you don't like the topic there are many other threads to choose from.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

In response to antibody's comment:

My $.02, (not that any here will care what I think) is that if people wish to discuss off-topic (non-baseball) subjects, they should be left alone to do so as long as the discourse is not abusive or overly offensive. If you don't like the topic there are many other threads to choose from.

Go to the Bill-806 or BurritoT thread and see what the mods thought of it. I don't agree with redsox67 on many things but she was abused and called names by Ampoule and Reddoxdirtdog. I felt sorry for her.

I'm familiar with the thread although I chose not to participate (at least not yet). I am also familiar with 67. I wouldn't worry about her too much. She's a pretty tough cookie and more than capable of defending herself.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Bizzaro World ;)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Yup!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

Go to the Bill-806 or BurritoT thread and see what the mods thought of it. I don't agree with redsox67 on many things but she was abused and called names by Ampoule and Reddoxdirtdog. I felt sorry for her.

I'm familiar with the thread although I chose not to participate (at least not yet). I am also familiar with 67. I wouldn't worry about her too much. She's a pretty tough cookie and more than capable of defending herself.

Thanks for the compliment!  

Sections
Shortcuts