Issues for BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Issues for BDC

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Hi Dotti,

Hammah here. I am still unable to read any of my messages and when I tried to send you a message it kept asking me to log in (which I already am) or register. please help!

Hammah,

An update on the Message Function problem.

After BDC got my feedback form, they were able to fix my message system.

They got rid of the unwanted messages but left the messages that were for me.

I am also able to send and receive mesages.

I know you did a post here about your problem, but may I suggest you go to boston.com, fill out the feedback form, remember to include your URL and that might speed things along.

I was also getting that "log in or sign up to register" when I tried to send messages before to friends who had open pages.

Good luck,

Andie

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Champs, we'll either fix that problem today or shut off just that functionality.

Hi Dottie...

Few other issues I've noticed....

I can't make my profile public.

Even if I wanted to, my report abuse button doesn't work and ignore button doesn't function. 

The private messages from strangers are now gone. Thank you for fixing that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Champs, we'll either fix that problem today or shut off just that functionality.

Hi Dottie...

Few other issues I've noticed....

I can't make my profile public.

Even if I wanted to, my report abuse button doesn't work and ignore button doesn't function. 

The private messages from strangers are now gone. Thank you for fixing that.

I also can't make my profile public. I've re-set it a couple of times and it keeps coming up private. I don't know about the abuse or ignore features as I have no interest in those.  While I'm here pewling, how about those yellow stars? You can keep Facebook and Twitter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marioguy424. Show Marioguy424's posts

Someone else accidentally posted a comment I disagreed with (whether or not Biggio deserves to be in the HOF) on my account, as they forgot to log off of my account and log into theirs. When I went to delete the comment, the option was not there, nor could I even edit it. Do those options only exist in the forums?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I keep getting a message when I reply to post to remove the apparently banned wordshort that isn't even in any of my comments. I don't know whether anyone is getting this error message.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Kim just beat me to the punch. Since when is the word "s h o r t" banned on a baseball site?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to jidgef's comment:

Kim just beat me to the punch. Since when is the word "s h o r t" banned on a baseball site?

I figured I would just add it to this thread in case it was happening to anyone else. It seemed a better idea than support getting alot of different messages.

I'll add, in my case, though, I didn't even have the word in my posts and it was telling me to remove it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jidgef's comment:

Evidently, we have a sensitive, vertically challenged mod.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Hello... hello... anybody there...?

Hmmm... (crickets)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Using Chrome browser and constantly get errors to go to the next page of a thread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

s/-ort

s/-ot

s/-irt

sn@tch

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Sorry about that, folks -- somebody added a word to the bad words filter and did it incorrectly. We fixed it earlier today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Fire them!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Why is it so hard to restore the return to first un-read post yellow stars? I wonder, how many posters here use those Twitter and Facebook short-cuts that replaced them? Maybe it would be a good idea to poll the posters instead of arbitrarily instituting things that are of no iterest or use to a lot of us.

Bring back the stars...PLEASE!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I wish there was a way to identify posters with multiple personalities on the board, and somehow keep them to one name.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Dottie,   DAD & BILL-806 are having a problem with many posters who just don't understand us and our love & Humor for the game & our beloved RED SOX........  The total lack of respect on a daily basis is sometimes hard to deal with......   DAD always has a good attitude about this and does a good job keeping young BILL-806 on a positive track.....  With that said, we do understand that the  BDC does foster an enviorment of many opinions that makes this board work.......  Anyway, we are not complaining, but it would be nice that with SPRING TRAINING just a few days away that all of us could come together in a positive way to get ready to rally our SOX for 2014......   Also, Dottie, do you think that this board would/could welcome  SOFTY back toooooo  !!!   Just asking !!      Thank You,    DAD & BILL-806

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Hi Dottie,

I, and many others, have been appalled by certain posters's posts.  For example, the bigot that posted "Nothing good has ever come out of Mexico".  Would you please...

...sorry, nevermind, I, and we, can take care of ourselves, within the BDC rules, by giving such trash a hard time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Hi Dottie,

I, and many others, have been appalled by certain posters's posts.  For example, the bigot that posted "Nothing good has ever come out of Mexico".  Would you please...

...sorry, nevermind, I, and we, can take care of ourselves, within the BDC rules, by giving such trash a hard time.

Appalled ?????   Now, that sounds serious ????

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to FajitaT's comment:

worng, wrong, fong, wrooong... !!!!! Damn this site and its over-moderation and overly-sesitive posters when you cannot even make the EDIT button work!

"O-CARE.GOV"  !!!!

O-care.gov?  And all this time I thought it was BDC, I must've hit a wrong button somewhere.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

""O-CARE.GOV"  !!!!"

Not sure why we have to put up with politics in the Red Sox forums? Maybe BDC can add another timeout for Bill 806 to the list of projects? 

Sections
Shortcuts