Issues for BDC

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: Issues for BDC

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"This post has been removed is the #1 enemy of the board followed by pike. "

Yup - removing individual posts is not an effective strategy. In fact I don't know of any other board in the history of the Internet that does this. If someone doesn't belong on the board then they should be moved along entirely, not on a post by post basis.

[/QUOTE]

Seems like editing offensive posts might be a better solution than deleting them. Of course, that would require some thought on the part of the mods after they actually read the post and put it in the proper context. I am not sure if its even possible for them to edit a post, but it would be an improvement.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I like that idea of editing the post

although I think I have ran into it  sometime somewhere 

I think this is the least of R problems here

give us R stars back

let's not forget a lot of these

''This post has been removed''

R automatic when a banned poster posts

they aren't all removed by the mods

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do not know why my posts on the sports forum do not take using my iPAD. I type & link on to the check mark and nothing happens. I do see that I'm logged on with my pen name.

Safari is the default browser.  Also, I did delete cache, cookies & history but still when I went and added my post, the “add my post” link faded and didn’t take.

In my iMac I use Firefox browser( Safari too) but Apple will not allow Firefox to be downloaded on the iPAD.  Should I consider adding another browser, maybe Google Chrome; however,  posting using my iPAD is not critical and I can usually wait until I get home to my iMAC. 

Have any of you fellow posters, i.e. computer gurus, had problems posting using an iPAD ?

[/QUOTE]

I was told that Chrome is the best browser to use here. It automatically eliminates all posts made by Pike, no matter what his current alias is. Kidding about the last part, of course, but I would try Chrome. Do you still have the link to the game chat room from last year?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I still have the link. Do you mean Google Chrome is best to use from any device to post or using an iPAD ?

I am sure you have heard this but, if not, hopefully, you have a sense of humor...enjoy:

A retired gentleman visited a Downtown Job Center in Denver and noticed a job notice advertising for a Gynecologist's Assistant.  Interested, the gentleman spoke to a clerk to learn details. 

The clerk pulled up the file, and read the prospectus;

"The job entails getting the ladies ready for the gynecologist. You have to help the women out of their underwear, lay them down and carefully wash their private regions, then apply shaving foam and gently shave off the hair, then rub in soothing oils so they're ready for the gynecologist's examination. The annual salary is $65,000.  Location is Billings, Montana."

"Good grief", explained the gentleman.  "Is that where the job is?"

"No sir", the clerk responded. "That is where the end of the line is right now".

[/QUOTE]

Pretty funny SFSF....no, I hadn't heard it. Re chrome: Teresa Hanafin who is in charge of this forum told me that one time when I was having trouble posting here. She didn't differentiate between kinds of computers, just a general statement.  Drop into the FratChat...several of us have already started visiting it, though its not what I would call really active right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

TESTING 1 2 3   ????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Dottie,  Dad says that BILL-806 is very despondent this morning as it is opening day and B-806 is not part of !!!   HELP, DOTTIE, !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

TESTING  1 2 3   !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dottie,  Dad says that BILL-806 is very despondent this morning as it is opening day and B-806 is not part of !!!   HELP, DOTTIE, !!!

[/QUOTE]Thanks  DOTTIE  !!!!!!   Great to be back........  DAD & BILL-806

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

u are annoying man

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

u are annoying man

[/QUOTE]Dottie, Please take notice !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

u are annoying man

[/QUOTE]

You have to admit Bill that you are a controversial poster here. Most welcomed you back but some here still have reservations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

u are annoying man

[/QUOTE]

You have to admit Bill that you are a controversial poster here. Most welcomed you back but some here still have reservations.

[/QUOTE]Your right P G ......   Can't please them all......  As a former POINT GUARD (playmaker) you have to "giveth & taketh" !!!   All in a days work......  Big things for our 2014 SOX

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Bogeyatmidnite's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

u are annoying man

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Your right P G ......   Can't please them all......  As a former POINT GUARD (playmaker) you have to "giveth & taketh" !!!   All in a days work......  Big things for our 2014 SOX

[/QUOTE]

The forum was good for awhile with Bill gone but now he is back and crowtrobot is gone. Bad days are ahead.

[/QUOTE]That is pure left/wing/rad/ SPIN !!!!   Judge B-806 for todays threads & posts !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

u are annoying man

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The forum was good for awhile with Bill gone but now he is back and crowtrobot is gone. Bad days are ahead.

[/QUOTE]That is pure left/wing/rad/ SPIN !!!!   Judge B-806 for todays threads & posts !!!

[/QUOTE]

How long?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

u are annoying man

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill does not attack other posters; Crowtrobot, despite being repeatedly asked not to do so, continued to attack a wide variety of posters here. He was reported several times for this. Guess the mods are not going to tolerate that any more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

[/QUOTE]

That is pure left/wing/rad/ SPIN !!!!   Judge B-806 for todays threads & posts !!!

[/QUOTE]

You have 17,000 posts but want to be judged on one day ???  lol. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is pure left/wing/rad/ SPIN !!!!   Judge B-806 for todays threads & posts !!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since Bill puts so much faith in his prior generation...

As my Mom would say, "A leopard doesn't change its spots".  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

u are annoying man

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My guess is that crowbot is back already.

[/QUOTE]

Thats my guess too. And if he is the crowtrobot who has a good sense of humor and contributes to the forum without making it personal with other posters I hope he stays a while. If not, I think the mods will give him a vacation. They did it once; no reason to think they will now tolerate that stuff here any more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since Bill puts so much faith in his prior generation...

As my Mom would say, "A leopard doesn't change its spots".  

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, S5. I posted pretty much the same thing on another thread but the post was removed. Hmmm...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

u are annoying man

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats my guess too. And if he is the crowtrobot who has a good sense of humor and contributes to the forum without making it personal with other posters I hope he stays a while. If not, I think the mods will give him a vacation. They did it once; no reason to think they will now tolerate that stuff here any more.

[/QUOTE]

If you take away his personal attacks then what sense of humor is left? He was also too political. Bill got in trouble for that. Wrong forum for that.

[/QUOTE]

IMO if people want to discuss politics here in a limited number of threads (which is what is happening) then why should the mods object? Yes, the political forum is the proper place for that, but when its brought up there are lots of people who want to talk about it. Forums are about the exchange of ideas and dialogue. This one is MOSTLY, but not entirely, about the Red Sox. You just have to look at the threads to see that while politics does enter some threads, the vast majority of the threads are about the Sox.

As for there being no humor without a personal attack-really? I do not think personal attacks are funny at all. And Crowtrobot was pretty funny sometimes without that stuff. If he is back here, I hope he can continue doing that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

u are annoying man

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you take away his personal attacks then what sense of humor is left? He was also too political. Bill got in trouble for that. Wrong forum for that.

[/QUOTE]

IMO if people want to discuss politics here in a limited number of threads (which is what is happening) then why should the mods object? Yes, the political forum is the proper place for that, but when its brought up there are lots of people who want to talk about it. Forums are about the exchange of ideas and dialogue. This one is MOSTLY, but not entirely, about the Red Sox. You just have to look at the threads to see that while politics does enter some threads, the vast majority of the threads are about the Sox.

As for there being no humor without a personal attack-really? I do not think personal attacks are funny at all. And Crowtrobot was pretty funny sometimes without that stuff. If he is back here, I hope he can continue doing that.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. Within reason posters should be allowed to explore off topic (non Red Sox) subjects as long as they don't become abusive. If you aren't interested, do what I do... simply pass it by.