Issues for BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Issues for BDC

In response to Bogeyatmidnite's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

u are annoying man

[/QUOTE]Dottie, Please take notice !!!

[/QUOTE]

You have to admit Bill that you are a controversial poster here. Most welcomed you back but some here still have reservations.

[/QUOTE]Your right P G ......   Can't please them all......  As a former POINT GUARD (playmaker) you have to "giveth & taketh" !!!   All in a days work......  Big things for our 2014 SOX

[/QUOTE]

The forum was good for awhile with Bill gone but now he is back and crowtrobot is gone. Bad days are ahead.

[/QUOTE]

Bill does not attack other posters; Crowtrobot, despite being repeatedly asked not to do so, continued to attack a wide variety of posters here. He was reported several times for this. Guess the mods are not going to tolerate that any more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is pure left/wing/rad/ SPIN !!!!   Judge B-806 for todays threads & posts !!!

[/QUOTE]

You have 17,000 posts but want to be judged on one day ???  lol. 

[/QUOTE]

Since Bill puts so much faith in his prior generation...

As my Mom would say, "A leopard doesn't change its spots".  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

u are annoying man

[/QUOTE]

You have to admit Bill that you are a controversial poster here. Most welcomed you back but some here still have reservations.

[/QUOTE]Your right P G ......   Can't please them all......  As a former POINT GUARD (playmaker) you have to "giveth & taketh" !!!   All in a days work......  Big things for our 2014 SOX

[/QUOTE]

The forum was good for awhile with Bill gone but now he is back and crowtrobot is gone. Bad days are ahead.

[/QUOTE]

My guess is that crowbot is back already.

[/QUOTE]

Thats my guess too. And if he is the crowtrobot who has a good sense of humor and contributes to the forum without making it personal with other posters I hope he stays a while. If not, I think the mods will give him a vacation. They did it once; no reason to think they will now tolerate that stuff here any more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

That is pure left/wing/rad/ SPIN !!!!   Judge B-806 for todays threads & posts !!!

[/QUOTE]

You have 17,000 posts but want to be judged on one day ???  lol. 

[/QUOTE]

Since Bill puts so much faith in his prior generation...

As my Mom would say, "A leopard doesn't change its spots".  

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, S5. I posted pretty much the same thing on another thread but the post was removed. Hmmm...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

u are annoying man

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats my guess too. And if he is the crowtrobot who has a good sense of humor and contributes to the forum without making it personal with other posters I hope he stays a while. If not, I think the mods will give him a vacation. They did it once; no reason to think they will now tolerate that stuff here any more.

[/QUOTE]

If you take away his personal attacks then what sense of humor is left? He was also too political. Bill got in trouble for that. Wrong forum for that.

[/QUOTE]

IMO if people want to discuss politics here in a limited number of threads (which is what is happening) then why should the mods object? Yes, the political forum is the proper place for that, but when its brought up there are lots of people who want to talk about it. Forums are about the exchange of ideas and dialogue. This one is MOSTLY, but not entirely, about the Red Sox. You just have to look at the threads to see that while politics does enter some threads, the vast majority of the threads are about the Sox.

As for there being no humor without a personal attack-really? I do not think personal attacks are funny at all. And Crowtrobot was pretty funny sometimes without that stuff. If he is back here, I hope he can continue doing that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

u are annoying man

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you take away his personal attacks then what sense of humor is left? He was also too political. Bill got in trouble for that. Wrong forum for that.

[/QUOTE]

IMO if people want to discuss politics here in a limited number of threads (which is what is happening) then why should the mods object? Yes, the political forum is the proper place for that, but when its brought up there are lots of people who want to talk about it. Forums are about the exchange of ideas and dialogue. This one is MOSTLY, but not entirely, about the Red Sox. You just have to look at the threads to see that while politics does enter some threads, the vast majority of the threads are about the Sox.

As for there being no humor without a personal attack-really? I do not think personal attacks are funny at all. And Crowtrobot was pretty funny sometimes without that stuff. If he is back here, I hope he can continue doing that.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. Within reason posters should be allowed to explore off topic (non Red Sox) subjects as long as they don't become abusive. If you aren't interested, do what I do... simply pass it by.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hey guys, I want to let you know that in addition to the moderators with the outside company who monitor abuse reports, I've also given a couple of the long-time regular posters here moderation access so that they can remove inappropriate posts when needed. I think they are great posters who will be fair and judicious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey guys, I want to let you know that in addition to the moderators with the outside company who monitor abuse reports, I've also given a couple of the long-time regular posters here moderation access so that they can remove inappropriate posts when needed. I think they are great posters who will be fair and judicious.

[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, shouldn't you let the rest of us know who they are?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Sorry, crow, but you're wrong about the moderators. And antibody, I don't want to identify them because they'll just become the objects of attacks. If anybody has a problem with any moderation, just leave a note here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Sorry, crow, but you're wrong about the moderators. And antibody, I don't want to identify them because they'll just become the objects of attacks. If anybody has a problem with any moderation, just leave a note here.

O.K. Fair enough. It's just that I can see paranoia running rampant with your announcement here. Get ready for a rush of accusations.

Hold on to your Sox.Tongue OutLaughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Yeah, well, I'm ready to strangle the Sox tonight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, well, I'm ready to strangle the Sox tonight.

[/QUOTE]

Good to have you on board during the game! So far the Sox are losing by fewer runs than the Yankees lost by today. Small consolation. Gotta win tomorrow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think that's a great move, Dottie. I'm sure whoever they are, they were good choices. Well, unless they're Yankee fans Tongue Out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

First of all it is a bad move unless you get rid of the outside mods all together.... this random deleting of HARMLESS posts destroy most of the threads or at least the conversation.

So now you are simply adding more mods with the goal of deleting posts? 

I am all for in-forum moderators, it is the outside ones that need to go.

[/QUOTE]

I think that fewer posts will be deleted, not more. If the on site mods are doing their job guys who post like Pike won't be able to get a foothold here. Seems to me that the vast majority of posters are perfectly reasonable people, if opinionated. Its when an unreasonable individual is able to make multiple posts before he or she is apprehended that lots of posts get deleted. Just my opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

kimsaysthis as a mod? no thanx

[/QUOTE]

+100!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Are they being paid? Or just volunteers? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

All fair questions, right BDC Dottie?

Not really, pike. Since Dotties post was just done yesterday, it's likely the in house mods werent in place until very recently. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Dear Dottie...

I would like to request my services for the political forum. I would be a fair and imapacial moderator ;-)

Sincerely yours....

Me

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hi Rigatoni -- I've asked the outside moderators to back off the Red Sox forum and let the in-house moderators handle things.

dgalehouse: They are volunteers. No payment.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Nah - these in-house moderators are handling only the Red Sox forum. We can see who blocks what and when, and if we saw either of them in another Forum, we would revoke their moderation privileges immediately.

The Politics forum is a whole other kettle of fish. I'll send a note to the outside moderators asking them to be more judicious in their handling of abuse reports from that forum.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

this post has been removed

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

this post has been removed

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Please restore the thread of play by play games... It was fun and interesting!

Sections
Shortcuts