Issues for BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Issues for BDC

In response to Javi60's comment:

Please restore the thread of play by play games... It was fun and interesting!

If you mean the game thread, I don't think anyone started one today. Anyone can do it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

If you mean the game thread, I don't think anyone started one today. Anyone can do it.

I started one today and no one posted

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/game-thread-red-sox-vs-rangers-4pm-/100/7111615

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

In response to -V-'s comment:

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

Dear Dottie...

I would like to request my services for the political forum. I would be a fair and imapacial moderator ;-)

Sincerely yours....

Me

HAH ...

Sox thinks some serious posts are but a joke.

And mis-interprets meanings of some posts.

That's not a good trait for a moderator.

A mod should be Objective - Patient - Contextual.

Also sox currently runs with certain trouble posters

and most likely would favor them.

I've been a moderator on several large city forums

and found that it works best with 3 objective mods

that have a point system with graduated steps of

warnings and established suspension periods.

Also mods ID's should be unknown.

Salt Lake City newspaper had a great forum because

the moderation was great and in addition to a firm TOS,

the point system and its levels of warnings/punishments

were always present in a closed 'Stickey Topic' for all to see.

Announcements should be made in that same 'Sticky Topic'.

(not just here & there) 

Members should be able to know 'WHY' they have crossed a line.

~ Just a few Thoughts and Suggestions ~

Ha! The user who trolls the politics forum with two accounts is giving moderating advice? Funny you know you use the same phrases that the drama queen  uses?  Coinky dink? Soxchamps is on to you and you just don't want her getting to a place where she will know the truth  for certain.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Dear Dottie...

I would like to request my services for the political forum. I would be a fair and imapacial moderator ;-)

Sincerely yours....

Me

HAH ...

(not just here & there) 

Aweee.... spidey, my feelings are hurt.

FWIW... I wasn't being serious. I was being sarcastic.

And I am not running with any group... what ever BDCMassguy is selling, I ain't buying. And I'm not onto anybody BDCMassguy...I only point out things when I see them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

Dear Dottie...

Sincerely yours....

Me

HAH ...

(not just here & there) 

Aweee.... spidey, my feelings are hurt.

FWIW... I wasn't being serious. I was being sarcastic.

And I am not running with any group... what ever BDCMassguy is selling, I ain't buying. And I'm not onto anybody BDCMassguy...I only point out things when I see them.

just find it funny that a banned user is giving mod adviceSurprised

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Sorry, crow, but you're wrong about the moderators. And antibody, I don't want to identify them because they'll just become the objects of attacks. If anybody has a problem with any moderation, just leave a note here.

Come on over to the Pats and B's forum and get rid of the ultimate virus.  He goes by the name of Rusty.  He's had his account deleted over 30 times for being a canine's behind.  He spends 10+ hours a day attacking everyone.  I have no idea why this hasn't happened already, but enough is enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I think it's a good thing for the Red Sox forum (community mods). I think it's very tough for outside folks to handle something like this, particularly simply deleting individual posts which really doesn't help much in general (though obviously some posts must be deleted, but in the end it's really about a couple of trolls with agendas and most everyone else is a good poster even if they disagree). 

So thanks for adding some mods, as long as you selected balanced and fair people it should be a great thing. 

One thing I will say, however, is that the Red Sox forum has been moderated fairly well the last year or so, especially keeping Pike out of the forum....

But the Patriots and the Celtics forums are different matters. The Celtics forum is pretty good now but for quite a while Laker trolls were allowed to completely mock Celtics fans with very little moderator intervention, no matter how many times the posts were reported. Fortunately the Lakers are terrible now and most of those folks have gone away. 

In the Pats forum a guy named Meadowland Mike (Jets fan) is allowed to hammer Pats fans constantly and adds no value to the discussion, but hasn't even been banned as far as I can tell, so basically the message is attacking Pats fans and adding nothing useful is acceptable. There are other issues with that forum that could easily be dealt with (other Jets, Colts, and Giants fans that need a much shorter leash). Way too much name calling also.

So, it does seem odd to improve a forum (Red Sox) that is already working pretty well while not improving a forum (Pats) that really needs some extra moderation help. But maybe you'll look at that one next. 

Thanks for listening and for providing these good forums for us...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I think that some in the Sox forum lobbied for member-mods which may account for their  existence here, as opposed to the other boards where perhaps similar requests have not been made.  This may be also a try out for possible expansion of the idea., I assume.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

John Henry owns the Globe now, right?

Maybe this whole "member mods" is just a way of deleting things they don't like or want to see.  If caught or called on it, they can blame it on a rogue membermod.

I wouldn't put it past Henry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe you can appoint some community programmers to fix all of the issues with the forums as well?

I'm sure SOMEONE in the crowd is computer savvy enough to fix the "thread started by" error.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/game-thread-red-sox-vs-rangers-4pm-/100/7111615

I think a lot of posters go to an outside forum to talk about the game.  I hope you are one of the new mods.  You are the most reasonable poster on the sox forum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

I think a lot of posters go to an outside forum to talk about the game.  I hope you are one of the new mods.  You are the most reasonable poster on the sox forum.

Its not an outside forum: its a paid chat room. The reason for its existence, at least initially, was to try to find a place where we could moderate ourselves and conduct in-game discussions in a manner similar to watching the game together at a sports bar. For example, there are no banned words there (though bigotry is not tolerated, and we police ourselves to that end). The functionality is also better: its faster, and we can send pms to each other during the game. Although its never been necessary we can ban people by IP address. Truth is, we have never banned anyone there because entry is by invitation based on approval of the existing members. If others would like to join they can let me, MEF, JBay, S5, Southpaw or any of the other members who already frequent the site know. Its not meant to be some sort of exclusive country club thing at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Its not an outside forum: its a paid chat room. The reason for its existence, at least initially, was to try to find a place where we could moderate ourselves and conduct in-game discussions in a manner similar to watching the game together at a sports bar. For example, there are no banned words there (though bigotry is not tolerated, and we police ourselves to that end). The functionality is also better: its faster, and we can send pms to each other during the game. Although its never been necessary we can ban people by IP address. Truth is, we have never banned anyone there because entry is by invitation based on approval of the existing members. If others would like to join they can let me, MEF, JBay, S5, Southpaw or any of the other members who already frequent the site know. Its not meant to be some sort of exclusive country club thing at all.

Thanks for clearing that up.  I didn't know all the details but I knew there was "another place". Not a bigot so no problems there however when I tried it the language was a bit rough for this ladyWink 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

testing...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing.
    - Warren Spahn

It’s not how hard you practice when somebody is watching, it’s how hard you practice when nobody is watching.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

This new format is AWFUL!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Guess it's not ready yet :-)

Sections
Shortcuts