Issues for BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SampsonRL. Show SampsonRL's posts

Re: Issues for BDC

Still waiting for the High School Sports section....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

As a software developer, it is pretty clear to tell what the issue is with the white space. The piece of code parsing the post is adding a extra line break after each line break. So every post and reply adds a line break after the authors. It gets huge after a couple replies. Just remove that and it will fix all the white space.

Would you offer you services on a consulting basis to BDC...HA!   Why are we able to post in a selection of font sizes but where the post appears the typeface is minute. I have a tough time squinting reading it and my iMAC zoom can not enlarge it.

I type the post first, highlight it, then pick the font size, and it saves it when you hit add your post

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

As a software developer, it is pretty clear to tell what the issue is with the white space. The piece of code parsing the post is adding a extra line break after each line break. So every post and reply adds a line break after the authors. It gets huge after a couple replies. Just remove that and it will fix all the white space.

Would you offer you services on a consulting basis to BDC...HA!   Why are we able to post in a selection of font sizes but where the post appears the typeface is minute. I have a tough time squinting reading it and my iMAC zoom can not enlarge it.

I type the post first, highlight it, then pick the font size and it saves it when hit add your post

I am testing your recommendation and, if it works for me, thank you !!!

It did work...oorah but not every poster is going to want to highlight it and select a font size unfortunately.  Still would be nice if Globe Geeks would make it easier.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The White Space issue really needs to be fixed.  It's ridiculous.  Just now I was almost blinded by the last post on craze4sox's thread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

The White Space issue really needs to be fixed.  It's ridiculous.  Just now I was almost blinded by the last post on craze4sox's thread.

A fix might be on the way HFX. Look at the mod thread and the last comment made by Mod2.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Things are coming around now.  New font looks good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

even trimming gets annoying...if you trim too fast you wind up cutting off part of a post you might want to stay in your reply..

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:

I'm glad to see the box scores and standings have a prominent place on the front of the Sox page, on the right-hand column. It would be better if they were raised right to the top of the column, but it appears likely that the big space above them is reserved for advertising.  

I had stopped using BDC for my morning Sox news due to the difficulty locating the box score and the standings (it's really the sin qua non of the front page for a baseball team). I'll come back now.

"Who would have guessed it possible that waiting is sustainable, a place with its own harvests -- or that in time's fullness the diamonds of patience couldn't be distinguished from genuine brilliance or hardness." --Kay Ryan.

"Everything is happening, all the time, very fast. I like that." -- Warren Ellis

I'm HOPING (and this is a SUGGESTION, BDC) that at some point a space on the front page is reserved for the current day's game. Something like:

5/16/14  Today's game:  Detroit (Scherzer, 5-1, 2.04 ERA) @ Boston (Lester, 4-4, 2.75 ERA).  Game time 7:05 pm.

Just the facts, ma'am. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I'm HOPING (and this is a SUGGESTION, BDC) that at some point a space on the front page is reserved for the current day's game. Something like:

5/16/14  Today's game:  Detroit (Scherzer, 5-1, 2.04 ERA) @ Boston (Lester, 4-4, 2.75 ERA).  Game time 7:05 pm.

Just the facts, ma'am. 

Hmmm.. and one hour later, THERE IT IS!  

I won't rule out the possibility it was there before and I hadn't seen it, but at any rate, thanks BDC!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Suggestion

Bring in 10 users of the site and have them sit with the system, the mods and the people who built the system and let them show you what needs to be done. IMHO the site is very user unfriendly

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Suggestion

Bring in 10 users of the site and have them sit with the system, the mods and the people who built the system and let them show you what needs to be done. IMHO the site is very user unfriendly

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

Jim: I am thinking that this site is not a cash cow for the owner and operator.  It is actually user friendly and most likely one of the few remaining of its kind. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

The pop up ads on the political forum are annoying.  Even when I hit the close button, they open.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Switching the latest site problems issue to this thread (instead of the moderator thread).

i normally use Firefox at work.  the past couple of days (including now) the following occurs:

• only half the time the site will load up.  the other half it says my backend is unhealthy
    • when the site does load up i am able to click on threads and read them
    • when i go into a thread the <br> issue is in the reply box and wont allow me to post
    • when i go into a thread my avatar icon on the top right of the page switches from my smexxxy sox girl pic to blank white and can no longer click on it to go to profile or member center
    • i am currently on the site via IE and it seems i can post

other names i have posted under:  none

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Switching the latest site problems issue to this thread (instead of the moderator thread).

i normally use Firefox at work.  the past couple of days (including now) the following occurs:

• only half the time the site will load up.  the other half it says my backend is unhealthy
    • when the site does load up i am able to click on threads and read them
    • when i go into a thread the <br> issue is in the reply box and wont allow me to post
    • when i go into a thread my avatar icon on the top right of the page switches from my smexxxy sox girl pic to blank white and can no longer click on it to go to profile or member center
    • i am currently on the site via IE and it seems i can post

other names i have posted under:  none

[object HTMLDivElement]

I've also noticed it's running slower than molasses for the last couple of days.

I also run Firefox.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Copied from the Mods thread

There are certain threads (and ONLY certain threads) that I'm unable to open. The Vazquesz thread is one of them. When I try to open them I get the message,

"The requested URL "http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/vasquez/100/7202528";; cannot be found or is not available. Please check the spelling or try again later."

This is apparently generated by Yahoo because it has the Yahoo logo attached to it - and Yahoo isn't even my browser!

..although I DO have to admit that posting something here feels like the proverbial tree falling in the forest.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I don't think anyone from BDC is reading this thread any more. 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I hate when this happens....land on a tweet that sends a link to a story only to see this appear:

You have reached the limit of 10 free articles a month

Continue reading by subscribing to BostonGlobe.com for just 99¢.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I notice that every time I add a post, I get lost in the thread. It doesn't put me back where I was so it's hard to read.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

some poster's message boxes won't open

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Certain threads can't be opened.  When I click on the link for the thread about buying into jbj yet I get this with a Yahoo heading:

The requested URL "http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/jbj-u-buying-in-now/100/7225007"; cannot be found or is not available. Please check the spelling or try again later.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

I will send another email to the management of Boston.Com because I am not sure they read this thread. I know Teresa read it when she was in charge. If there is a response I will let you all know. Sorry for the issues. That's the best I can do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Mod2's comment:

I will send another email to the management of Boston.Com because I am not sure they read this thread. I know Teresa read it when she was in charge. If there is a response I will let you all know. Sorry for the issues. That's the best I can do.

That's fine.  Thanks.  
    [object HTMLDivElement]

Sections
Shortcuts