Issues for BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Issues for BDC

In response to S5's comment:

OK, this is odd.  

I tried to reply to Idiot's post "Tom Werner ‘We’ve got a lot of money to spend and we’re determined to go into the free agent market and improve the team’ " and my reply won't post.  But I can reply to other posts in other threads.    

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

alright!!!...my XJ5 Sox Fan Post Disrupter finally works!! :-)  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

OK, this is odd.  

I tried to reply to Idiot's post "Tom Werner ‘We’ve got a lot of money to spend and we’re determined to go into the free agent market and improve the team’ " and my reply won't post.  But I can reply to other posts in other threads.    

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

Same here S5.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

[QUOTE]

OK, this is odd.  

Same here S5.....[/QUOTE]

CURSE YOU, JETE!   

[object HTMLDivElement]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I met with a representative from the company BDC contracts with to do moderating for its forums today. I wanted to give everyone a summary of what was discussed at that meeting.

1. Criteria to delete posts

The contracted moderators have been asked to delete only posts that are vulgar, racist, bigoted, obscene, or are considered "over the top" personal attacks. They also delete spam posts. The company that BDC has employed uses moderators located all over the world so that 24/7 coverage can be provided. While these guidelines have been transmitted to all of the moderators there may be differences in interpretation. A mechanism will be worked out to address specific contract moderators whose interpretation of these guidelines differs from the generally accepted guidelines. This should result in fewer posts being blocked by non site moderators, I believe.

2. Reported Posts

Generally the contracted moderators look only at the post that has been reported and make a judgement based only on that piece of information as to whether it should be blocked or not. They do have the capacity to view the context of that post however, if that is deemed necessary. They do not review the forum and read its threads.

3. Posts critical of the moderators

These kinds of posts are tolerated (or should be). If they are being blocked I will report them under the mechanism outlined in 1. above once I discover them.

4. Random post deletion

The issue of whether or not posts are still getting randomly deleted will be investigated. If its none of the three of us, then I will report it to the company hired by BDC to look into if they blocked the post. If its not them either, then there is a technical glitch that needs to be addressed.

Overall I found the company hired to moderate On the Front Burner (and the other forums) to be very receptive to making changes that will make the forum a better place to visit. We (all three site mods) have their contact information, and they have mine. I think this is going to help with some of the issues you all have mentioned. In addition, management is working on some other improvements such as the ability to remove all priviledges from banned posters (they can still post, but it reads "this post has been deleted") and the ability to "collapse" the threads by removing all the "this post has been deleted" posts. When more information is available about that I will pass it along.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

gold stars kinda working again

good job thanks kinda

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I met with a representative from the company BDC contracts with to do moderating for its forums today. I wanted to give everyone a summary of what was discussed at that meeting.

The contracted moderators have been asked to delete only posts that are vulgar, racist, bigoted, obscene, or are considered "over the top" personal attacks. They also delete spam posts. The company that BDC has employed uses moderators located all over the world so that 24/7 coverage can be provided. While these guidelines have been transmitted to all of the moderators there may be differences in interpretation. A mechanism will be worked out to address specific contract moderators whose interpretation of these guidelines differs from the generally accepted guidelines. This should result in fewer posts being blocked by non site moderators, I believe.

2. Reported Posts

Generally the contracted moderators look only at the post that has been reported and make a judgement based only on that piece of information as to whether it should be blocked or not. They do have the capacity to view the context of that post however, if that is deemed necessary. They do not review the forum and read its threads.

These kinds of posts are tolerated (or should be). If they are being blocked I will report them under the mechanism outlined in 1. above once I discover them.

4. Random post deletion

The issue of whether or not posts are still getting randomly deleted will be investigated. If its none of the three of us, then I will report it to the company hired by BDC to look into if they blocked the post. If its not them either, then there is a technical glitch that needs to be addressed.

Overall I found the company hired to moderate On the Front Burner (and the other forums) to be very receptive to making changes that will make the forum a better place to visit. We (all three site mods) have their contact information, and they have mine. I think this is going to help with some of the issues you all have mentioned. In addition, management is working on some other improvements such as the ability to remove all priviledges from banned posters (they can still post, but it reads "this post has been deleted") and the ability to "collapse" the threads by removing all the "this post has been deleted" posts. When more information is available about that I will pass it along.

Not really posting here now b/c of heavy-handed moderating but do check back to see when/if moderating has changed. Can't ignore the glaring ommission of bannings in any of the descriptions. IMO bannings have been handed out here more than ever before. What was once constant post deletions has been replaced with some 24hr banning rule, or more. Just found it odd that bannings weren't even addressed at all. Are they just open for interpretation?

Remember I was banned for 24hrs for saying I would never shut up about having this "sarcastic" post removed:

Thanks for that. That's really helpful. And for those who don't understand sarcasm I can't help you.

Bannings really should have been addressed in those conversations. IMO

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Not really posting here now b/c of heavy-handed moderating but do check back to see when/if moderating has changed. Can't ignore the glaring ommission of bannings in any of the descriptions. IMO bannings have been handed out here more than ever before. What was once constant post deletions has been replaced with some 24hr banning rule, or more. Just found it odd that bannings weren't even addressed at all. Are they just open for interpretation?

Remember I was banned for 24hrs for saying I would never shut up about having this "sarcastic" post removed:

Thanks for that. That's really helpful. And for those who don't understand sarcasm I can't help you.

2 thoughts

1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wYoLQc-x5g

2)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

2. Reported Posts

4. Random post deletion

[/QUOTE]

KST, look at the last post on the page this link takes you to. You had your chance to suggest topics for the discussion I had with the contract moderators.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/post-your-moderator-comments-here/100/7444185?page=13

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I frequently have issues posting from my Android mobile device.  The applet opens, but contains a "<br>" tag, and if that is present, I can submit the post but it will not show up...