Issues for BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: Issues for BDC

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

FTR bannings should only be used in extreme cases, that's why its called banning. It's because it was permanent. I don't know how all these bannings are being justified. Post removal -- sure -- bannings -- no way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -BurritoT. Show -BurritoT's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to antibody's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to -BurritoT's comment:

[QUOTE]

Issues for BDC:  Letting a Mod take over the forum and do as he pleases. Letting the other two Mod postions sit idle becasue neither of those Mods ever had the time to actually do the job.

Agree, this is an issue. Moderator 2 is out of control. His ego seems to have gotten the better of him. This makes him unsuitable to hold such a position, in my opinion. Also, I really have a hard time believing that the other moderators approve of and sanction his recent behavior. If they do then it is also my opinon that we don't need them here as moderators either and that it is time to end this farce.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you Burrito and Antibody.

Pumpsie is overstepping his bounds as a moderator.

When a moderator is blatantly violating the posting policies and changing posters thread titles for no good reason, something needs to be done.  And if the other two mods are okay with this behavior, then it is an even bigger issue.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's worth noting that moderators weren't interested in any guidelines for bannings enough to ask about it. Maybe they like the idea of having carte blanche.

I think bannings used as disiplinary measures should be stopped. That is a practice that was started by the new moderation and was never in place before that. It seems like bannings are now applied when someone asks too many questions, says the same thing too much, doesn't agree with moderation & voices their opinion, and sometimes it even seems like when it's just a power trip to do it.

FTR bannings should only be used in extreme cases, that's why its called banning. It's because it was permanent. I don't know how all these bannings are being justified. Post removal -- sure -- bannings -- no way.

And the taunting of posters is waaay out of line for a moderator. I could start w/ "crickets" after a poster's comment, but the list would really be endless and would include banning a poster and then printing their comments to mock them.

I think it may be worth looking into a formal complaint by members of the forum as a group as to any and all concerns.

[/QUOTE]

Class-Action suit!!!!!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Issues for BDC:  Letting a Mod take over the forum and do as he pleases. Letting the other two Mod postions sit idle becasue neither of those Mods ever had the time to actually do the job.

Agree, this is an issue. Moderator 2 is out of control. His ego seems to have gotten the better of him. This makes him unsuitable to hold such a position, in my opinion. Also, I really have a hard time believing that the other moderators approve of and sanction his recent behavior. If they do then it is also my opinon that we don't need them here as moderators either and that it is time to end this farce.

[/QUOTE]

When a moderator is blatantly violating the posting policies and changing posters thread titles for no good reason, something needs to be done.  And if the other two mods are okay with this behavior, then it is an even bigger issue.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's worth noting that moderators weren't interested in any guidelines for bannings enough to ask about it. Maybe they like the idea of having carte blanche.

I think bannings used as disiplinary measures should be stopped. That is a practice that was started by the new moderation and was never in place before that. It seems like bannings are now applied when someone asks too many questions, says the same thing too much, doesn't agree with moderation & voices their opinion, and sometimes it even seems like when it's just a power trip to do it.

And the taunting of posters is waaay out of line for a moderator. I could start w/ "crickets" after a poster's comment, but the list would really be endless and would include banning a poster and then printing their comments to mock them.

I think it may be worth looking into a formal complaint by members of the forum as a group as to any and all concerns.

[/QUOTE]

Lets try to make your post more constructive. Instead of more complaining, answer this: which posters who are currently banned do you feel have been banned unjustly? Who didn't deserve it? Its easy to simply complain; tougher to offer solutions because they actually require thought. FYI: currrently banned posters are Pike and Babe (permanently banned) and Bill-806 (banned until after the World Series). No other posters are now banned. 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

If the moderator's anonimity had been kept in place, non of this nonsnse would have occured.

Sometimes it's a good thing when secrets are kept.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

If the moderator's anonimity had been kept in place, non of this nonsnse would have occured.

Amp, I don't think my own identity was much of a secret here, at least for some posters. Still, it might have been more convenient in that I felt more free to debate (or joke) more vigorously as PG and could adopt the Mod 2 username when I needed to function as a mod.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amp, I don't think my own identity was much of a secret here, at least for some posters. Still, it might have been more convenient in that I felt more free to debate (or joke) more vigorously as PG and could adopt the Mod 2 username when I needed to function as a mod.

[/QUOTE]

I hear what you are saying.

The only trouble is that even if you stepped down from the moderator position,  some people would forever see a bullseye on your back.  Then what?  You'd probably be forced to change identity and that is just not right or fair.

Of course, I'll probably get interesting feedback from some posters concerning my use of the word 'fair'.  In their eyes, life in general is tilted against them.

Have a good day.  I'm off to fly my radio-controlled airplanes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lets try to make your post more constructive. Instead of more complaining, answer this: which posters who are currently banned do you feel have been banned unjustly? Who didn't deserve it? Its easy to simply complain; tougher to offer solutions because they actually require thought. FYI: currrently banned posters are Pike and Babe (permanently banned) and Bill-806 (banned until after the World Series). No other posters are now banned. 

[/QUOTE]

You're a smart guy. I'm not sure why you're pretending to misunderstand my post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Bannings happen on pretty much all larger forums.  While I know this isn't a giant forum....it still has quite a large membership.  In other words....it's not one of those small 'upstart forums' where they have 50 members at the most.  Why is this such a big deal to you Kimmie? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -BurritoT. Show -BurritoT's posts

You have forum members who have been true to themselves and the rest of us for years getting banned or suspended like school-children left/right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

U got issues

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're a smart guy. I'm not sure why you're pretending to misunderstand my post.

[/QUOTE]

Thats your solution? How would you handle Pike? How would you handle the Yankee trolling that Babe did every time he showed up? Would you allow Bill to insert his provocative political views into his baseball posts if you knew it was done to incite other posters? How would you enforce the "be respectful" clause in the TOS? Given that there will be moderating here, how would you run the show? Offer solutions, not complaints.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Who is the BDC contact for this forum? Is Dottie still in charge or is it Andrienne? 

A friend wants to know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

So, with all that is going on on this board the last two weeks...... Why is BILL-806 still in JAIL  ????  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

Who is the BDC contact for this forum? Is Dottie still in charge or is it Andrienne? 

A friend wants to know.

Adrienne is in charge of the forum for BDC. There is a liason individual named Michelle who has been charged with being  go between but I have not seen her around much. BDC Dottie was the username for Teresa who ran the forum for a while before Chris Rattey and now Adrienne. Just to correct one statement made by Kimmi (who said that my claim that Adrienne didn't want her email address made public is "false"), here is how Adrienne responded when I asked her if I could forward her email address to forum members, and this is a quote from her response: 

"As for the email address, I'd prefer not to give it out, but I've posted a general response to on the thread, and will be checking it more often to be sure people know that we're there. My sn is BDCAdminAddy."

She is quite busy with all kind of responsibilities so if you want to reach her, either contacting one of the mods and asking us to contact her or posting here on this thread is the best way to reach her. As with the mod thread, please keep it respectful and constructive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Thank you, 

I will contact her privately. I don't trust that I will get an answer here. She doesn't seem to monitor this forum as much as she promised to. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Thank you, 

I will contact her privately. I don't trust that I will get an answer here. She doesn't seem to monitor this forum as much as she promised to. 

Just an FYI: I do not believe that the published email addresses are correct, unless she has duplicate email addresses. The one published here does not match the one I use to contact her. If she does not respond to you it may be because the email address you are using is incorrect. I am not at all trying to be obstructionist; just respecting her wish not to divulge her email address here. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Thank you, 

She also has a phone number listed on the contact page.  I bet if you contacted the globe you could get more information on how to get in touch with her.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Just go to the corner and shout, " Yo Adrienne"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

They block posts of us asking why a post was blocked?  Are they that sensitive and have such big egos that we cant ask why?

They are out of control and have done a very sub standard job IMHO.

Now I hope my post doesnt get deleted for stating my opinion, as this post does NOT violate any of the rules on this forum.

On another note, I wanted to point out this post from Southpaw, before he became a mod, about the outsourced mods.

It sounds very similar to things that I and others have written about having our posts deleted in this Mod thread.

I would ask that the mods keep in mind what it was like being on the other side of this issue, and bear in mind how frustrated you were having posts deleted for stating your opinion against the mods.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Why was On the front burner removed from the list of Red Sox forums?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Why was On the front burner removed from the list of Red Sox forums?

Probably an error. I emailed Adrienne with your comment. I doubt it will be fixed until Monday.

Incidentally, we are now up to 19 usernames for Pike. Most have been inactivated, but he is still making more of them. As he does, they too will be inactivated.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Also the nonconstructive thread is missing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yo Adrienne ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Rocky?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Rocky?

Brad?

Sections
Shortcuts