Issues for BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nikor1985. Show nikor1985's posts

Re: Issues for BDC

In response to MadMc44's comment:

What does <br/> mean?

This pops up on threads almost every day and I am unable to post?

I  would appreciate knowing what it means.

Thanks

Hi,

could you tell please what browser you use?

Haven't you tried to clear cache of the browser? The issue doesn't look stable. I can't reproduce it yet.

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

something is screwed up

anyone having problems posting with foxfire

I had to switch to IE

and today IE doesn't work 4 me

but foxfire is

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Yesterday neither of them worked for me. Today IE is and I'm not messing with what's working!

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Folks, the posting issue has been diagnosed by one of our developers. He says there is a conflict between the javascript code in an ad on the page and the tinymce richtext editor (the string of editing tools at the bottom of the comment box).

He's now trying to pinpoint the conflict in order to resolve it. I'll keep you updated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Folks, the posting issue has been diagnosed by one of our developers. He says there is a conflict between the javascript code in an ad on the page and the tinymce richtext editor (the string of editing tools at the bottom of the comment box).

He's now trying to pinpoint the conflict in order to resolve it. I'll keep you updated.

Well, heck!  I can solve THAT and I'm not even a programmer!
    Just do away with the ads!

See how easy that was??  Laughing 

@ Dottie....

I don't mean to make fun of your efforts.  Thanks for getting it taken care of and thanks for the update.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEKSox2. Show NEKSox2's posts

I often find that I can't post. I don't come to this discussion board very much, but follow game threads and comments on Extra Bases posts. About half the time, I either can't even typ anything, or I type it and it doesn't post. Thhis has been going on for quite awhile... Maybe the issues are covered here, but I'd love to know what the problem is...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

10 days after its been diagnosed and they still haven't figured it our yet? I got a number for a guy that will have it fixed a lot quicker if you want it.

Loading pages 5-6 times before they work, as well as waiting 10sec each time for a page to load. Sometimes takes over a full minute to open a single thread here. Ridiculous!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I want to report pumpsie-green ... he is mean to me, constantly calling me dumb. It hurts my feelings and I am starting to lose sleep over the ordeal.

He of course cannot defend himself as he claims to have me on ignore, too bad for him.

For the most part Burrito you ARE on MANUAL ignore. Right now there is no one on my real ignore list. When you can behave yourself and not make your posts personal I would only be too happy to engage you in a discussion. Since I found this post pretty funny I thought I would answer it.
    Meanwhile, the problems with this site continue. I am still getting ads in the post box and at times have to refresh my screen several times to be able to respond to a post. These are not new problems. They have been around for months. In addition, the moderators are still deleting posts that seem innocent enough, and people are getting banned who do not deserve to be banned. Just wondering when we can expect this to be fixed...........???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The biggest issue seems to be with firefox; still have the script and ads in the post box. Internet explorer has it's moments, but works well, for the most part. Yes, Pike I know, I'm an office slacker

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I post, and often they don't show up, so I have no real idea where the problem is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Clowns

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

That had to be the quickest removal ever.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Ouch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Folks, we've diagnosed the problem with the posting problem and the weird < /br> that shows up. It's a conflict between the forums and some javascript contained in ads on the page. They are working to fix it.

As for comments and threads being deleted: I'm working with the moderation company to get them to relax the rules in this forum. Sometimes they are too strict with the issue of off-topic comments and threads.

When you see something removed that shouldn't have been, leave a note here WITH THE URL and we'll take care of it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

BTW, I asked for the ads to be removed and they weren't! ;-) I'll try again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

BTW, I asked for the ads to be removed and they weren't! ;-) I'll try again.

U know better than that

nice thought but

why have a board if U can't have adds

personally I seldom have problems with the adds

and foxfire has been working fine for a while now

thanks for the updates dottie

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

With all due respect Dottie..let me get this straight. BDC brought the Discussion forum in-house..but relies on a third party to do the moderating? Sorry, but I am not buying it. It's not that the moderators are being "too strict"..it's that they aren't paying attention to what they are deleting. It seems that lately..and especially in this Red Sox forum..disagreement is not allowed and harmless posts and the posters who make them have been deleted. Why bother?

Take a look at this Red Sox forum..it is full of "this comment has been removed". I joined another Red Sox forum a  week ago and it seems membership there is growing. My guess is that it will continue to grow as this becomes a bigger waste of time.

This whole situation is a very poor reflection of the BDC company. The issue isn't limited to the Sox forum either..it happens in the politics forum as well..to the point that the post below is going to be my last until this forum goes back to the more discussion oriented forum it once was..you know..the one where people could discuss and disagree...perhaps come to consensus and learn from each other? Tough to do that when all you see is "this comment has been removed".

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/news/politics/general/what-does-the-bdc-forum-have-in-common-with-hells-kitchen/80/6802424

Oh..and you want examples? This one is the most pathetic of all...and entire thread about a Livingston Taylor concert..all harmless comments...deleted. Pathetic..just pathetic.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/arts-and-entertainment/theater-arts/general/livingston-taylor/10/6591330

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)