It all started when ALFREDO ACEVES was shown the DOOR .....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: It all started when ALFREDO ACEVES was shown the DOOR .....

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

55-37 up until the RS banished him.

42-28 after the RS banished him.

The difference is miniscule (.002).

In no particular order, the difference was-

• Drew getting on track after the HBP
    • Papi coming back
    • WMB getting demoted and starting Iggy at 3rd
    • Bailey and Hanrahan going down and making Uehara the closer.

You'd be surprised how little banishing your #7 RP would have.

And for the record, he was 4-1.  You might be surprised how little 4-1 hurts you.

[/QUOTE]

You are missing the point about chemistry. I would think you would recognize just how valuable the attitude change really was beginning with the Crawford/Beckett trade.

[/QUOTE]

Is he?

Does chemistry help winning or winning help chemistry?

[/QUOTE]tHE LEFT SAYS WINNING, THE RIGHT SAYS CHEMISTRY !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

IMO, Beckett, Crawford, and Gonzalez are getting bum raps in terms of being clubhouse cancers.  It's hard to maintain a level of professionalism and perform at your best when the manager has created a toxic atmosphere.

Players have credited Farrell as the single biggest reason why there was such a huge turnaround from last year.

I have no way of knowing for sure, but I am willing to bet that under different leadership last year, we would not be hearing anything about these guys being cancers in the clubhouse.

I still blame last year mostly on BobbyV.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The great thing is that everything went right this year as opposed to last year. 

[/QUOTE]

The Sox still had its share of injuries and slumping players.  We did not need everything to go right.  We just needed everything not to go wrong.

The core of talent was already there.  Valentine was gone.  Given a reasonable number of injuries and underperformances, there was no reason to think that this team couldn't compete.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMO, Beckett, Crawford, and Gonzalez are getting bum raps in terms of being clubhouse cancers.  It's hard to maintain a level of professionalism and perform at your best when the manager has created a toxic atmosphere.

Players have credited Farrell as the single biggest reason why there was such a huge turnaround from last year.

I have no way of knowing for sure, but I am willing to bet that under different leadership last year, we would not be hearing anything about these guys being cancers in the clubhouse.

[/QUOTE]I think that LUCCIANNO$ knew what he was doing when he forced BOBBY V. on the SOX .....   Needed to turn the clubhouse upside down before "you could make it right again"  !!!  Moving "FAT-CAT-BECKETT$" & the others was a stroke of genius by BEN C.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that LUCCIANNO$ knew what he was doing when he forced BOBBY V. on the SOX .....   Needed to turn the clubhouse upside down before "you could make it right again"  !!!  Moving "FAT-CAT-BECKETT$" & the others was a stroke of genius by BEN C.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but Lucchino has no clue what he is doing in terms of baseball ops.  It was him sticking his nose into baseball ops when Theo was here that got this team into trouble in the first place.  Lucchino is a business man.  He needs to stick to the business side of things. 

Moving Beckett, Crawford, and Gonzalez was a stroke of genius by Ben, but only in terms of moving the fat contracts, not in terms of moving the players.  The players were good players, and IMO, good teammates.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think that LUCCIANNO$ knew what he was doing when he forced BOBBY V. on the SOX .....   Needed to turn the clubhouse upside down before "you could make it right again"  !!!  Moving "FAT-CAT-BECKETT$" & the others was a stroke of genius by BEN C.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but Lucchino has no clue what he is doing in terms of baseball ops.  It was him sticking his nose into baseball ops when Theo was here that got this team into trouble in the first place.  Lucchino is a business man.  He needs to stick to the business side of things. 

Moving Beckett, Crawford, and Gonzalez was a stroke of genius by Ben, but only in terms of moving the fat contracts, not in terms of moving the players.  The players were good players, and IMO, good teammates.

[/QUOTE]

Beckett was the face of the beer and chicken fiasco.  That had nothing to do with Bobby V.  2011 was a disaster.  Gonzo is a good player but he is not a winner.  He cares about himself.  Crawford is a spoiled baby who can't play in a pressure market like Boston.  When Beckett left, Lester, lackey and Buchholz became soooooo much better.  The trade saved the Red Sox by getting rid of bad apples.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? This is a joke, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Actually, it "all started" with the Dodger trade. 

No if, and, or buts.

No stats needed.

Clear as day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, it "all started" with the Dodger trade. 

No if, and, or buts.

No stats needed.

Clear as day.

[/QUOTE]Yes, it was a great move as we all have said, I still pinch myself knowing that we did to the Dodgers what the "BIG O" does every day to America.....  That being said, on the 1st or 2nd day of spring training when ACEVES got goooofey while pitching B P the dye was then cast .....  Only question now, where is the goooofey barrrrrstad now ???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, it was a great move as we all have said, I still pinch myself knowing that we did to the Dodgers what the "BIG O" does every day to America.....  

1) Not everyone loved the Dodger trade, including your hero, softy the clown.

2) Stop the "Big O" comments. You expose yourself everytime you do.

That being said, on the 1st or 2nd day of spring training when ACEVES got goooofey while pitching B P the dye was then cast .....  Only question now, where is the goooofey barrrrrstad now ???

And what happened to your idea of what was to follow the trade took place? You saw the trade as the engine that would drive the youth boat into Fenway:

"The next Carlton Fisk" would ebcome our catcher/DH. Lava hardly even played.

"Iggy" would be our FT SS. He is no longer on the team.

"JBJ" would be our FT CF'er and Ellsbury would have been traded already. JBJ fizzled out and Ellsbury helped bring us a ring.

Was this all part of what Romney, Cruz, and Paul would have led us to?

No ring and hopes of being trickled down upon at some point long away into the future?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, it was a great move as we all have said, I still pinch myself knowing that we did to the Dodgers what the "BIG O" does every day to America.....  

1) Not everyone loved the Dodger trade, including your hero, softy the clown.

2) Stop the "Big O" comments. You expose yourself everytime you do.

That being said, on the 1st or 2nd day of spring training when ACEVES got goooofey while pitching B P the dye was then cast .....  Only question now, where is the goooofey barrrrrstad now ???

And what happened to your idea of what was to follow the trade took place? You saw the trade as the engine that would drive the youth boat into Fenway:

"The next Carlton Fisk" would ebcome our catcher/DH. Lava hardly even played.

"Iggy" would be our FT SS. He is no longer on the team.

"JBJ" would be our FT CF'er and Ellsbury would have been traded already. JBJ fizzled out and Ellsbury helped bring us a ring.

Was this all part of what Romney, Cruz, and Paul would have led us to?

No ring and hopes of being trickled down upon at some point long away into the future?

[/QUOTE]Well , since you asked.......  1/ Salty is/should be gone as a F A,  meaning Lavarnway may have 1 more shot in 2014......  2/Same as Ellesbury & JBJ.......  And 3/ Like the "BIG O", I tried to do toooo much Transforming at once, But unlike The "BIG O", Ben C. was able to SLOW B-806 down, can't be said the same as Congress got hoodwinked ......  Looking forward to this week, we should know rather soooon who gets the offers & who is going !!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...can't be said the same as Congress got hoodwinked ......

Better than the American people being hoodwinked had the Ryan Budget been enacted and about 30 million Americans lost Medicaid health coverage. That was the "alternative" plan.

Yipee!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

...can't be said the same as Congress got hoodwinked ......

Better than the American people being hoodwinked had the Ryan Budget been enacted and about 30 million Americans lost Medicaid health coverage. That was the "alternative" plan.

Yipee!

[/QUOTE]WOW.....  MOON, I didn't know that after 38,000+ posts that you were that far to the left......  Shame on me, after 15,900+ I must still be considered a rookie !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I wonder if Aceves still gets a WS ring.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder if Aceves still gets a WS ring.  

[/QUOTE]I doubt it ........   But the Sox owners are a very liberal bunch !!!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Probably every player who played in a game this season will get a ring.  Teams don't get stingy when it comes to giving out rings.  As nutty as he was, Aceves did help win some games.  He will get a playoff share of money too.  Maybe a third or a half.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

• Papi coming back

And for the record, he was 4-1.  You might be surprised how little 4-1 hurts you.

[/QUOTE]

You are missing the point about chemistry. I would think you would recognize just how valuable the attitude change really was beginning with the Crawford/Beckett trade.

[/QUOTE]

Is he?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe they're both happnin' at the same time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

• Papi coming back

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is he?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]I thought that I saw Forrest on the DUCK BOATS yesterday, that would be Forrest, FORREST GUMP, he was right there with his beloved Jenny, JENNY DELL !!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I will say that for the most part BV was a pretty good in game manager. His issue, and its a big one, is he is a horrible people person in regards to being a manager. Hes abrasive, harsh, cocky, and self-righteous. In todays world that will NOT work for a team leader. It seemed he alienated everyone for the start. It failed from ST in 2012 because of that, not because he was a bad in game manager. The players have plenty of blame as well, as does Ownership.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Beckett was the face of the beer and chicken fiasco.  That had nothing to do with Bobby V.  2011 was a disaster.  Gonzo is a good player but he is not a winner.  He cares about himself.  Crawford is a spoiled baby who can't play in a pressure market like Boston.  When Beckett left, Lester, lackey and Buchholz became soooooo much better.  The trade saved the Red Sox by getting rid of bad apples.

[/QUOTE]

The beer and chicken fiasco was way overblown, IMO.  Had the Sox not collapsed that September, it would have been a non-issue, just like the Idiots taking shots before playoff games in 2004.  Beckett was a scapegoat for what I think was a team wide problem.

The team was playing so well that year that I think they all, to some extent, became complacent, overconfident, and felt entitled.  They took advantage of Tito's loyalty.  If it were just Beckett, do you think that Papi, Pedroia, Varitek, etc would have let him get away with that?  I don't.  And if it were just Beckett and a few others, where was the leadership from guys these guys? 

Most people said the same thing about Lackey.  How wrong most people were.

2011 falls on the shoulders of the entire team.  I don't think they were a group of bad apples.  I think they just got ahead of themselves a little.  And even with that, it took a perfect storm of events for the Sox to miss the playoffs that year. 

While I agree that it was probably time for Tito to go, I firmly believe that had he returned, the team, Beckett included, would have had a renewed respect and attitude towards him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As far as Gonzalez goes, I disagree that he cares about himself.  He acknowledged on more than one occasion that he would not be able to get RBIs if not for his teammates.  He's one that actually gets it.

He also has been given a lot of credit for working with Papi on that opposite field swing.

I agree that Crawford sounded rather whiny after leaving Boston.  That said, he was never given a fair chance here, IMO.  It could be that he can't handle the pressure of Boston, but that doesn't make him a bad apple.

IIRC, he tried to rally the troops to get their heads out of their azzes on more than one occasion, but his words fell on deaf ears because he was one of the new guys.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

• Papi coming back

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is he?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]I thought that I saw Forrest on the DUCK BOATS yesterday, that would be Forrest, FORREST GUMP, he was right there with his beloved Jenny, JENNY DELL !!!!

[/QUOTE]

That must have been the duck boat that Peavy purchased.  He's also from Alabama.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will say that for the most part BV was a pretty good in game manager. His issue, and its a big one, is he is a horrible people person in regards to being a manager. Hes abrasive, harsh, cocky, and self-righteous. In todays world that will NOT work for a team leader. It seemed he alienated everyone for the start. It failed from ST in 2012 because of that, not because he was a bad in game manager. The players have plenty of blame as well, as does Ownership.

[/QUOTE]

Ownership shares the blame because they are the ones that hired Valentine.

The players should be professional, and some of them did not always react in the best possible way.  Being as they are human though, I can't really blame them much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

• Papi coming back

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is he?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That must have been the duck boat that Peavy purchased.  He's also from Alabama.  

[/QUOTE]There ya go ......  Thats a REAL  B I N G O  !!!

Sections
Shortcuts