It figures!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

It figures!

We have to play the surging Brewers in the next round of interleague play beginning Friday. Hopefully we can coool them off, and continue to put crooked numbers up on the board.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: It figures!

AI, i have Prince on my FB team, could you guys just lay a couple in there?...Tongue out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

jete  that ain't fair.

kinda funny but...

we're serving only meat while Prince is around ....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The surging Brewers? Is there such a thing?  The Red Sox will annihilate them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Dempster may be answer for Cubs vs. Brewers

Canadian righty sports 15-3 mark, 2.60 ERA in 44 games against NL Central leaders

Last Updated: Jun 13, 2011 12:00 PM ET

The surging Milwaukee Brewers are in first place in the National League Central for the first time in nearly two years. They'll try to keep rolling as they open a four-game road series against the sinking Chicago Cubs on Monday at 7:05 p.m. CT.

Milwaukee (38-28) has gone 24-8 since May 8 — best in the major leagues. The Brewers jumped past St. Louis and into first by completing a three-game sweep of the Cardinals with a 4-3 win Sunday.

They are atop the division for the first time since July 9, 2009.

www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/story/2011/06/13/sp-brewers-cubs-preview.html#ixzz1PAnFc185">

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

My gosh are we supposed to be worried, the RS are the mightiest offensive machine ever assembled... there is no stopping them!  Go Sox!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im not worried either burrito...But apparently they are surging..I was unaware also..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Lets take things one step at a time.

We have a very important series against a division rival coming up.  If we can win that one as well, then the "surging Brewers" (or anyone for that matter) shouldn't worry us at all.

I don't care if they are surging or not, they are not as good as the Yankees or the Rays.  If we do good on the road in Tampa, thus beating 2 of the better teams in the league on their home turf, would you really be concerned about someone like the Brewers?

Lets take care of the matter at hand first.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Ike, how can you be cowed by the Brewers?  If the Sox fall asleep, they lose.  But, if they do what they can do, I fear no team, surging or not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I've always thought that getting a team coming off a hot streak may be helpful (you don't keep winning forever).  (of course, that won't hold up for the Sox going into  Tampa)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I'm just saying. NY gets the Cubs, may as well be the Stros. Can't seem to catch a break, even when we switch leagues. That's four tough series in a row!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

posted at 6/13/2011 12:08 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d122aefcdaf458362282bbfb1965bdee&plckUserId=d122aefcdaf458362282bbfb1965bdee">
    First: 9/29/2009
    Last: 6/13/2011
    The surging Brewers? Is there such a thing?  The Red Sox will annihilate them.

Burrito my man, you ain't never lied! the surging brewskies?????? just wait til they come into fenway park and take the field against the white hot juggernaut called the boston red sox and their rabid fans.........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: It figures!:
    I'm just saying. NY gets the Cubs, may as well be the Stros. Can't seem to catch a break, even when we switch leagues. That's four tough series in a row!
    Posted by Alibiike

Maybe, but sometimes this is a blessing in disguise.  Sure, s W or three might come easier against the Cubbies.  But, in my view, w or l, a good team is helped more in the long run by playing the best.  Sox got their doors blown off playing Cleveland and texas out of the gate, but, as bad as the start seemed, I think that early road gauntlet is a healthy part of why they are so strong now.  Tests like the Brewers may be harder on the standings watch, but they bear fruit with toughness down teh stretch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Al,

Your concern is merited.

Their hitting has always been good but they picked up two fine pitchers this off season.

They are starting to hit their stride like we are.  

Your point about the NYucks gtting the Cubbies is also well made. 

I don't fear them but they will be worthy opponents.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

jete  that ain't fair. kinda funny but... we're serving only meat while Prince is around ....
    Posted by SinceYaz
    LOL..heyYaz-o...thought i'd take a shot,man i'm scuffling,i need all the help i can get :-) 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Al,  Your concern is merited.   Their hitting has always been good but they picked up two fine pitchers this off season.   They are starting to hit their stride like we are.      Your point about the NYucks gtting the Cubbies is also well made.     I don't fear them but they will be worthy opponents.
    Posted by SinceYaz

We have always done well in interleague play, and I'm thinking this should be no different. Just can't take them lightly.
    2 of 3 from the Rays first. Don't think we can sweep three series in a row. The odds are against it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to It figures!:
    We have to play the surging Brewers in the next round of interleague play beginning Friday. Hopefully we can coool them off, and continue to put crooked numbers up on the board.
    Posted by Alibiike

The Brewers have to play the surging Red Sox in the next round of interleague play.  That's the part that ain't fair. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to It figures! : The Brewers have to play the surging Red Sox in the next round of interleague play.  That's the part that ain't fair. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas

Touche'

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nater1177. Show Nater1177's posts

Brewers are one of TWO teams 24-8 since May 8th. Anyone care to guess who the 2nd team is?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Looking at the schedule all 3 RS. NY and Rays have pretty tough schedules the next two weeks. The Philly series could be a look into the future.....

RS play Rays at Tampa
    NY plays Rangers at home

RS play Brewers at home.
    NY at Chicago.
    TB vs Marlins at home

RS play Padres at home.
    NY at Cinnci.
    TB at Brewers

RS at Pirates
    NY vs Col at home
    TB at Astros

RS at Philly
    NY vs Mil. at home
    Tb  vs Reds at home

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Posted by Alibiike

How has the team fared in these tough series?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Ali, I could have sworn the Sox played the cubbies earlier this year, maybe im going completely crazy and just dreamed that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Ali, I could have sworn the Sox played the cubbies earlier this year, maybe im going completely crazy and just dreamed that.
    Posted by promise4you
    They did. That was the interleague teaser if you will. Interleague play starts for real this weekend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think I am more concerned with how many games can the Yankees lose over this period. I see the Sox has winning the next 4 series in all likelihood - so how far can we push the Yanks back (2.5 as of today, and that is with a 10 game win streak..)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think I am more concerned with how many games can the Yankees lose over this period. I see the Sox has winning the next 4 series in all likelihood - so how far can we push the Yanks back (2.5 as of today, and that is with a 10 game win streak..)
    Posted by BurritoT
    No doubt the Yanks aren't going anywhere. I figure it for a dogfight right to the end. Especially if the Yanks can pick up some pitching before the trade deadline. I still have nightmares about Felix Hernandez in a Yankee uniform.

Sections
Shortcuts