It Is Mid-May - Time to Fire Our Manager

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

It Is Mid-May - Time to Fire Our Manager

Two months of slumbering, passionless, and idiotic baseball is enough for any team, let alone one with this payroll and expectations...fire him pronto or the season is lost

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: It Is Mid-May - Time to Fire Our Manager

Yeah. Let's put Bogar in his place!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldgater. Show oldgater's posts

Why not let lackey finish the game Tito.  Whats the difference between 7 or 10 or 12 or 14.  How many games are you going to lose for us.  Oh ya bring in Wakefield he'll shut em dowm. You're killing us Tito you're killing us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I can't believe tito left lackey in so long

all things considered

it might be time for a change

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

You won't get any bites over here if your actually going to talk in-game management. You will, however, be attacked by the Kool-Aid Brigade for having the audacity to question the dug-out savant, or is that idiot. I'm pretty sure it's not both.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

GEOROM 4, WHOEVER YOU ARE, I GOTTA AGREE WITH YOU.
    WE ALL KNOW THAT FRANCONA REALLY IS AN INCOMPETENT, BUT
    WE HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE HOW LONG IT TAKES HENRY, WERNER,
    AND LUCCHINO TO FINALLY DROP THE HAMMER ON THIS STIFF !!
    THE CLUB NEEDS A GOOD BUTT KICKING, WITH THE EXCEPTION
    OF ABOUT 4 OR 5 GUYS LIKE PAPI, AGON , ELLS, CRAWFORD AND
    PEDROIA. THE REST OF THEM STINK. THAT GOES FOR LESTER, TOO.
    CAN YOU IMAGINE THE YANKEES KEEPING SALTY, TEK AND WAKE
    ON THEIR SQUAD. NOT FOR A MINUTE. THEY WOULD ALL BE DFA'd.
    Nooo !!! BUT ON THE RED SOX, NOT ONLY DO THEY PLAY EACH
    NITE, BUT THEY FIND WAYS TO KILL RALLIES AND DRAG THE TEAM
    DOWN, AS WELL. NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE MUCH. WATCH AND
    SEE WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A YANKEE SWEEP.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

I disagree that now is the time.

No way Theo fires Tito during the season but, I must say, 87-75 might. The leash is getting shorter...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

When the Sox sweep the Yanks this weekend, people will be talking out of the other side of their mouths.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They aren't going to fire 25 players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I agree. Why hasn't anyone thought of this yet?  It seems so obvious. There are so many posters here who are so much smarter and know so much more about the game. Let's replace him with one of those guys. I'm sure that would definitely make a difference.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Btw, if making a post about aging Yankees is wrong, why is it ok if a Yankee (fan/troll your pick) has a pic of an aging Varitek in his post?  I don't get it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to It Is Mid-May - Time to Fire Our Manager:
    [QUOTE]Two months of slumbering, passionless, and idiotic baseball is enough for any team, let alone one with this payroll and expectations...fire him pronto or the season is lost
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

yeah because another manager would tell Lackey to pitch better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...Let's replace him with one of those guys...

I accept!

Tongue out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Btw, if making a post about aging Yankees is wrong, why is it ok if a Yankee (fan/troll your pick) has a pic of an aging Varitek in his post? I don't get it.

I don't get it either

what are you talking about

who said it was wrong

I never said it was wrong to make a post about aging Yankees

I just said it was wrong to believe it

not sure what that has to do with suggesting tek, who will turn

into a long timer like  zim eventually, to be  your new mgr

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

...Let's replace him with one of those guys...

I accept!  -- Moon

---------------------------------

LOL. Actually that was meant for the constant Tito bashers, but well done. Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: It Is Mid-May - Time to Fire Our Manager:
    [QUOTE]In Response to It Is Mid-May - Time to Fire Our Manager : yeah because another manager would tell Lackey to pitch better.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

or maybe  remove from a tight game in the 7th before he walks three guys and gives up 2 big hits...and replaces him with a geriatric has-been?

keep on making excuses for his buffoonry...Lackey was left in wayyyy too long...everyone cold see it except our slumbering manager

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Has the kumbaya mentality finally caught up with this team?  Is it time to make a drastic change?  Cannot say yet how I feel truthfully.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Worst double WS champion manager evah...

-Daf. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Has the kumbaya mentality finally caught up with this team?  Is it time to make a drastic change?  Cannot say yet how I feel truthfully.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Well, we'll all hold our breath until you decide...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Why don't you start another thread and beat the subject into the ground with novel sized posts.... your good at that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kat-b2. Show Kat-b2's posts

If he didn't have anyone in the bullpen to use then he isn't managing the bullpen very well. Actually, he isn't managing any part of this team game very well. I say get someone in there that is not just a friend ... a REAL game time manager.  It is time for a change or the sox will finish 3rd for sure......K

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

I think Tito is sending Theo a message, you give me sh.. and okay I'll let them play. Tito, whether you like or not, has won two world series this century. Theo has also, but.... is the manager more influential, or is the GM. Which came first the chicken or the egg? Both should receive kudos, for extraordinary results, conversely, failures should be assigned accurately.
    Epstein signed lackey, Lackey makes Tito look bad, Tito wants to make a point to Epstein and make Theo look worse. get the picture, I do.

Tito is not going down the drain, because Theo pays too much for ordinary players, I would do the exact same thing if I was Tito.

If this current roster is to win, then they have to play a lot better and they will not win with John Lackey giving away every fifth game.

It is what it is, either enjoy the baseball season, settle for mediocrity, which I can except, it is after all a game. Sox fans are a little more discerning than the average baseball fan, we have had Smokey Joe Wood, the one and only,Babe Ruth , the great Jimmy Foxx , the splendid splinter TSW. We have had the pleasure of watching them all. In reality, this is just another season, they will win , they will lose, but who cares, they are the Boston Red Sox. They have problems, they may work them out, they may not, but relax , smell the roses. The Sun will rise tomorrow , as it will set tomorrow, and we will have the pleasure of seeing how the sawx did .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Geo you are the one making excuses for people.  It's the players that aren't performing.  If You think it's Franconas fault that Lackeys ERA is 8 then I don't know what to tell you man.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yaz. Show the_yaz's posts

look, if you're gonna fire the dummy, you have to fire the ventriloquist too.
    please FIRE them both!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Geo you are the one making excuses for people.  It's the players that aren't performing.  If You think it's Franconas fault that Lackeys ERA is 8 then I don't know what to tell you man.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

hindsight or not

it's pretty clear he left lackey in to long

which helped  his era climb