It Is Mid-May - Time to Fire Our Manager

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: It Is Mid-May - Time to Fire Our Manager

Right..If he took him out earlier it would be 7.5.  Then everything would be fine.  Francona would be the best manager in the world.  But you know Lackey would still blow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Who's out there to replace Tito? Babe, maybe Andrew? How about Grady?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

after the 0-6 start, the team has gone 17-14.  Not exactly setting the world on fire, but also, not so bad.  It is not early anymore.  But there is still much of this story to be told.  Francona is certainly not getting fired anytime soon.  You folks are amazing.  I now understand why all the witch hunting was so big in Massachusetts in the 17th century.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

Cry While I hope our Sox sweep, or at least take 2 of 3 with the Stankees this weekend, just maybe if the Sox were to get hammered and lose 3 to the Stankees, Henry just might get really fed up and demand that heads roll whether it be Theo, who has blown big Henry bucks on washed up players, and/or Francona who does not have a clue/sensitivity on how to manage a game in progress, the latest example was leaving Lackey in to blow up in the 7th when pretty much the whole Red Sox Nation could sense Lackey doing just that, and Francona's continuing reason for not pulling Lackey was that he didn't want to use his bullpen arms.  The h*ll with trying to win a game, lets save those arms for later.  Amazing! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Managers are like clothes. They fit on some teams but not on others. If this team flounders for another month, they need to seriously consider moving Tito to another job description and hiring a manager who runs a tighter ship on the field. Lackey needs a dressing down, just for starters. Aside from his horrible performance for over a year, he's been showing up his teammates for what are his own inadequacies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Does GW deserve a "dressing down" for plagiarism?

I know how you lambasted all the Dems (and there are many) who did it.

How about some "fair and balanced" straight talk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this team is playing seriosuly shoddy baseball...if the manager is not responsible, then who is?...better yet if it is up to the ballplayers, why even have one?
    however...
    then in the next breath bootlickers tell us that 'Coma won 2 championships...which one is it? Is he responsible or not?
    btw
    KC JOnes won two championships as well...and last I heard he was fired from a WNBA gig....trust me, replacing Francona will not be difficult - the line of would be managers would stretch to the moon with this roster...all's we need is someone who makes players accountable for the poor play....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: It Is Mid-May - Time to Fire Our Manager:
    this team is playing seriosuly shoddy baseball...if the manager is not responsible, then who is?...better yet if it is up to the ballplayers, why even have one? however... then in the next breath bootlickers tell us that 'Coma won 2 championships...which one is it? Is he responsible or not? btw KC JOnes won two championships as well...and last I heard he was fired from a WNBA gig....trust me, replacing Francona will not be difficult - the line of would be managers would stretch to the moon with this roster...all's we need is someone who makes players accountable for the poor play....
    Posted by georom4

Here are some possibilities:

Crawford: .218
    Scutaro: .235
    Pedey: .237
    Youk: .241
    Drew: .242

Lackey: 8.08 ERA
    Jenks: 9.35 ERA
    Wheeler: 11.32 ERA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Girardi-Inept. Show Girardi-Inept's posts

Time to fire Girardi. He left Nova in there until it was 8-0. What a huge hole for my Yankees to dig out of.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

there was ONE good thing Francona was good for and that he attracted Schilling to accept a trade and an extension

w/o Francona Schil may have gone to the yankees and no WS in 04 nor in 07

I'd say maybe Francona could attract other big name F/A's but I don't think Sox are going to be in a position to do 100 million dollar deals any time soon...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Slob, you don't even know what plagiarism is. Joe Biden is really experienced with it, in all 59 United States and through the press corpse.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Slob, you don't even know what plagiarism is. Joe Biden is really experienced with it, in all 59 United States and through the press corpse.
    Posted by majorleague

And he blames the mods for acting in good taste.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Worst double WS champion manager evah... -Daf. 
    Posted by DaffyDan

When are you apologists going to stop with this lame response?!?!? The fact that the Sox won the WS twice while Coma happened to be manager proves NOTHING. I could just as easily argue that the Sox should have won 2 more times, had Coma NOT been the manager (same llevel of causality). Why don't you address the arguments on the merit, like the fact that he leaves starters in way too long when they clearly don't have it, or that he cannot manage strategically (bunting, pinch hitting, etc.). No problem disagreeing with different peoples' assessments of his abilities, but at least deal with the facts, not some lame response about his having "won" two WS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Managers are like clothes. They fit on some teams but not on others. If this team flounders for another month, they need to seriously consider moving Tito to another job description and hiring a manager who runs a tighter ship on the field. Lackey needs a dressing down, just for starters. Aside from his horrible performance for over a year, he's been showing up his teammates for what are his own inadequacies.
    Posted by majorleague

Well said!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yaz. Show the---yaz's posts

although i agree that TITO is a terrible field manager, i've stated that many times, and i wouldn't mind in the least if he was fired; why is THEO not under the same kind of FIRE(pun intended)?

after the SOX get swept by the YANKEMS, please FIRE both.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

although i agree that TITO is a terrible field manager, i've stated that many times, and i wouldn't mind in the least if he was fired; why is THEO not under the same kind of FIRE(pun intended)? after the SOX get swept by the YANKEMS, please FIRE both.
    Posted by the---yaz

And if the sox win 2-3 or sweep the Yankees?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yaz. Show the---yaz's posts

in the rare event that that happens, i'd still fire both of them.
    i know it's not going to happen, but wishful thinking isn't against the law.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

in the rare event that that happens, i'd still fire both of them. i know it's not going to happen, but wishful thinking isn't against the law.
    Posted by the---yaz

wishful thinking:  the---yaz will say something remotely interesting or, even better, lose internet access.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: It Is Mid-May - Time to Fire Our Manager :  wishful thinking:  the---yaz will say something remotely interesting or, even better, lose internet access.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Unfortunately, about as likely as Francona getting fired on Monday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yaz. Show the---yaz's posts

i hope both of you can swim, because you both may drown in the kool-aide.
    if 'CONA gets fired monday, i will leave and never come back.
    hopefully, he will be accompanied by THEO.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

i hope both of you can swim, because you both may drown in the kool-aide. if 'CONA gets fired monday, i will leave and never come back. hopefully, he will be accompanied by THEO.
    Posted by the---yaz

one man's kool-aid is another's rooting for the home team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yaz. Show the---yaz's posts

also, one man's kool-aid is being blind to the what is really wrong with one's home team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

also, one man's kool-aide is being blind to the what is really wrong with one's home team.
    Posted by the---yaz

possibly.  another possibility is that one man's kool aid is another's understanding the ebb and flow of a baseball season.  Let us re-assess our sugary drinks sometime in late summer shall we?  'Til then enjoy talking non-stop trash about the team you supposedly love.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yaz. Show the---yaz's posts

love is too strong a word; i should have said i like them a lot.
    love should only relate to certain people in your life, not a bunch of overpaid underachievers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

love is too strong a word; i should have said i like them a lot. love should only relate to certain people in your life, not a bunch of overpaid underachievers.
    Posted by the---yaz

this is a very good disctinction "yaz".  It is important to understand the lens through which we view things in life.  For me, i love the Sox.  But not because they win championships or really anything based on the under or overachievement of the players.  But because I grew up in a family of Sox fans.  And my greatest joy as a child was going to the fens with my folks (who i love) and later my friends (who i love) and sitting in that beautiful church-like place (which i love).  So, I love the Sox, by virtue of being inseparable from the people i love the most, without condition of winning.  Its more fun when they do.  but, because love in its true definition, as you perhaps allude to, is unconditional, i don't feel the need to whine about management or players when they struggle.  I love the Sox because I love the game.  And because I love the game (in spite of the ridiculous pay scale of the boys who play it), I know that things always have a way of flipping around.  A season in cycles, ebb and flow.  And if it turns out that 2011 is all ebb and no flow, oh well.  I will dissappointed.  But because my love is unconditional, I don't care to destroy anyone trying to make the club succesfull.  If Tito fails after this year, so be it.  Maybe its time for new blood.  But a guy who has steered the club through 2 WS championships, 5 playoffs in 7 years gets a longer leash than May from me for sure.  

Sections
Shortcuts