It is quite obvious, JACOBY, SALTY,BARD, ACEVES ............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

It is quite obvious, JACOBY, SALTY,BARD, ACEVES ............

Are not needed, but have VALUE.........  Keep your eye on these 4 + others......   Ben has options   !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: It is quite obvious, JACOBY, SALTY,BARD, ACEVES ............

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Are not needed, but have VALUE.........  Keep your eye on these 4 + others......   Ben has options   !!!

Care to elaborate for us t-ballers Bill?  I don't see anything obvious here.  All these players come with inherent question marks and potential down-sides, but, please forgive my t-balling lack of knowledge here, they all seem to have intrinsic value that is needed as well.  Please elucidate me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Care to elaborate for us t-ballers Bill?  I don't see anything obvious here.  All these players come with inherent question marks and potential down-sides, but, please forgive my t-balling lack of knowledge here, they all seem to have intrinsic value that is needed as well.  Please elucidate me.

Spaceman........   As Nancy Pelosi would say .......... "We will know it when we see it"  !!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

my feeble mind can't fathom what players we might get from this package.....if only there was an annoying sailor who could enlighten me and tell me what to expect to get from trading these guys...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

my feeble mind can't fathom what players we might get from this package.....if only there was an annoying sailor who could enlighten me and tell me what to expect to get from trading these guys...

He DID say it was "quite obvious"!

Get with the program!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Let me try .........  It is obvious that we have a backlog @ certain positions IE: Catcher, Bullpen, And the next centerfielder in Jackie Bradley ........  So we package some of these guys, and bring in our own kids as well as youtes from other teams......  We need to move on from the above mentioned 4 as we have seen enough and they are not the future !!!!!    The Jacoby situation is what it is....  We won't beable to sign him, and besides he is "hurt more often than not" !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Let me try .........  It is obvious that we have a backlog @ certain positions IE: Catcher, Bullpen, And the next centerfielder in Jackie Bradley ........  So we package some of these guys, and bring in our own kids as well as youtes from other teams......  We need to move on from the above mentioned 4 as we have seen enough and they are not the future !!!!!    The Jacoby situation is what it is....  We won't beable to sign him, and besides he is "hurt more often than not" !!!

that doesn't help me... at all.

what kind of haul would we get from trading these guys?? a RH hitting OF'er? a SP? someone who can backup 1B/DH in case papi/Naps get injured?? a reliever? prospects? what bill? what?!?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

OK, so let me know where my t-balls are off here:

Am I crazy to still have a question mark as to JBJ's readiness for the majors?  Should  two weeks of groundball singles against creaky pitchers throwing get-the-creak-out fastballs override the fact that he had trouble adjusting to AA just last summer?

Am I stupid to think that selling low on Ellsbury is pretty stupid at this juncture, since we will be able to sell low when we really do need to make a move, even if he doesn't play well this year ... which he probably will?

Am I crazy to think that the catcher position really isn't stocked?  Don't think we can call Napoli a catcher anymore, and I am not sure where The-Next-Carlton-Fisk fits into the picture yet.  So, as i see it, there are 2 major league catchers on the roster right now.

As far as bullpen, yes, stocked, no doubt.  But I don't see many guys able to do what Aceves does.  Maybe Morales.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Am I crazy to still have a question mark as to JBJ's readiness for the majors?  Should  two weeks of groundball singles against creaky pitchers throwing get-the-creak-out fastballs override the fact that he had trouble adjusting to AA just last summer?

Am I stupid to think that selling low on Ellsbury is pretty stupid at this juncture, since we will be able to sell low when we really do need to make a move, even if he doesn't play well this year ... which he probably will?

Am I crazy to think that the catcher position really isn't stocked?  Don't think we can call Napoli a catcher anymore, and I am not sure where The-Next-Carlton-Fisk fits into the picture yet.  So, as i see it, there are 2 major league catchers on the roster right now.

As far as bullpen, yes, stocked, no doubt.  But I don't see many guys able to do what Aceves does.  Maybe Morales.  

you'll never be a pro T-baller using logic like that..........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Agree 100 percent.

I really don't get the "Trade Ellsbury" attitude. First, you're right. His value now is low, so the Sox likely  would be better off simply getting the draft pick if he signs elsewhere at the end of the year.

And with Ellsbury's value low at the moment, even if Bradley is ready now, wouldn't the Sox would be better off with having them both in the lineup. Ellsbury is certainly better than Gomes and Victorino.

That's what makes posters like Bill such a joke. He's so quick to insist on having De La Rosa in the rotation now using the argument of keeping the best players, yet he's quick to want to dump Ellsbury and not field the best players.

I doubt the Sox trade him. I don't see the Sox being out of the race at the trade level, especially if Ellsbury is having a great year. And a team that acquires him during the season won't get a draft pick if they lose him to free agency, so unless a team is willing to overpay for him thinking he'll put them over the top, I doubt the Sox would get a top prospect/player.

And if Ellsbury is just OK this season, all the more the Sox will be better off getting the draft pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Other than Salty, these are all sell low candidates.  This is an interesting team - if they are out of contention at the deadline, there are a ton of pieces that could be of interest to other teams.  I'd put Drew, Bailey, Dempster & Uehara on that list as well.  Lackey too - with his vesting option, any bounce-back at all makes him a good value beyone 2013.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

intrinsic value

I don't think any of these players are essential to 2013 Red Sox team performance. I think the last half a decade has made that fact quite clear.

Fair enough.  I guess this is a matter of semantics.  I get with the notion that none of these players are "essential" to the 2013 squad, but that does not mean they do not have "intrinsic value" to the 2013 squad.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Why do you keep posting on the same subjects?  If there was a single intelligent thought in one of them it'd be a first.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Instrinsic would not describe your whining, nor would any new subject.

I'm not familiar with the word "instrinsic".  Please define it.

(a typo would be, for example, "intrinsib", so don't try your usual lies)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to selenium-'s comment:

Bill probably should have started a thread asking the forum the list the four who are most likely to be traded if a trade was imminent. In doing so everyone who responded would be a target for disagreement instead of just Bill. Instead poor Bill is like a rabbit running across the field at a rifle range.

Then he shouldn't behave so anti-socially.  Nor should you.  Then neither of you would get all the vitriol spewed at you both.  

I didn't see any thing within Bill's OP that was anti-social. If you look at the whole body of his posting history then you may have a case that he is most likely a concern troll as many others are also. However my above comment was in response to this specific thread and OP. Aren't we supposed to respond to the OP only and not color our responses on what Bill might be in a wider context on the forum?

His nth thread on the same subject isn't anti-social?  His constant political references aren't anti-social?

It's the same issue when you post like a normal person for 3-4 days, then get all bent out of shape because people still attack you.....as if your years of terrible behaviour can be washed away in less than a week.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Bill....you like old folksy sayings....so I wouldnt count your chickens...etc..etc..etc.

Bradley has no track record so to trade Ells right now at his lowest value is a bad move. Bard also is at his lowest value.....wouldnt it be better to see if the progress that is being made with him can continue...if we can get him back to where he was 2 years ago then his value would soar and probably to the point whre the Sox wouldnt want to trade him. As for the BP being stocked, yes we have depth, but we have a closer who has never proven himslef in the AL, another closer who is coming off one of his worse years, 2 leftys(Breslow and Morales) dealing with Spring Injuries, A young guy in Tazawa who did well for about 40 games in non pressure situations, A Jpanese pitcher who will be 38 on Opening day and another flighty lefty in Andrew Miller....lets see where all that goes before we trade away the depth. As for Catcher, I cant see what Lava has done that has earned the right to be the starting catcher and I have been avid supporter of his....and David Ross for all his good defense is a Lifetime .238 hitter and there is no other MLB ready talent in our system.....so I am not seeing much depth there either....why dont we see how this team comes together and there will be plenty of time to move these guys before the trading deadline

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

Bill....you like old folksy sayings....so I wouldnt count your chickens...etc..etc..etc.

Bradley has no track record so to trade Ells right now at his lowest value is a bad move. Bard also is at his lowest value.....wouldnt it be better to see if the progress that is being made with him can continue...if we can get him back to where he was 2 years ago then his value would soar and probably to the point whre the Sox wouldnt want to trade him. As for the BP being stocked, yes we have depth, but we have a closer who has never proven himslef in the AL, another closer who is coming off one of his worse years, 2 leftys(Breslow and Morales) dealing with Spring Injuries, A young guy in Tazawa who did well for about 40 games in non pressure situations, A Jpanese pitcher who will be 38 on Opening day and another flighty lefty in Andrew Miller....lets see where all that goes before we trade away the depth. As for Catcher, I cant see what Lava has done that has earned the right to be the starting catcher and I have been avid supporter of his....and David Ross for all his good defense is a Lifetime .238 hitter and there is no other MLB ready talent in our system.....so I am not seeing much depth there either....why dont we see how this team comes together and there will be plenty of time to move these guys before the trading deadline

Let me answer for Bill "durr....Pelosi!  T-baller!  $$$ huhuh Forrest Gump".   Is that clear?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts