It is quite obvious, JACOBY, SALTY,BARD, ACEVES ............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: It is quite obvious, JACOBY, SALTY,BARD, ACEVES ............

I raise the trade-request issue in part because Jacoby Ellsbury's agent is acutely aware of the draft-pick burden after his offseason experiences with Kyle Lohse and Michael Bourn.

I'm not sure, but I think the draft pick lost by the signing team would not change if Ellsbury is traded after the season starts, the only change is to the team that loses Ellsbury after the season would get no comp pick no matter if they made a qualitfying offer or not.

So, if this is true, there's no incentive to Ellsbury or Boras to wish or ask for Jacoby to be traded mid season, in terms of what has happened to Lohse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: It is quite obvious, JACOBY, SALTY,BARD, ACEVES ............

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I raise the trade-request issue in part because Jacoby Ellsbury's agent is acutely aware of the draft-pick burden after his offseason experiences with Kyle Lohse and Michael Bourn.

I'm not sure, but I think the draft pick lost by the signing team would not change if Ellsbury is traded after the season starts, the only change is to the team that loses Ellsbury after the season would get no comp pick no matter if they made a qualitfying offer or not.

So, if this is true, there's no incentive to Ellsbury or Boras to wish or ask for Jacoby to be traded mid season, in terms of what has happened to Lohse.

Only the qualifying offer can trigger the forfeiture of a draft pick and a free agent traded during the recently concluded season cannot be tendered a qualifying offer.

The Los Angeles Dodger did not lose their No. 19 pick in the June 2013 draft when the Blue signed starter Zack Greinke, who had been traded at midseason:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/dodgers-to-sign-zack-greinke.html

http://www.mymlbdraft.com/MLB-Mock-Draft

The only teams to forfeit first-round picks were the Los Angeles Angels and the Atlanta Braves for signing Josh Hamilton and B.J. Upton, respectively.

An in-season trade would definitely relieve Ellsbury of the draft-pick burden.

Sections
Shortcuts