It is racist to use Dice-K or any other Japanese pitcher as a tool to access posting on Tanaka!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: It is racist to use Dice-K or any other Japanese pitcher as a tool to access posting on Tanaka!

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Or why is it other posters would access such a deep and ruining label on another poster for such?

Only Japan demands posting fee's and yet I am told I am a racist if I use other former or current MLB japanese pitchers as a measure to decide on wether we should bid on Tanaka.

Japan has the closest thing outside of Cuba to call itself MLB, surely we cannot find suitable comparrison to the Belgian league? When a Cuban defects and we talk about signing him do we site Korean ball players as comparable examples? No but we do cite Cubans. Dos Mio!

Should I use Cespedes? Or Trout? How can I avoid  being racist and still make the right call on Tanaka?

** next person calling another a racist on this board should be thrown out of the forum on their ear, not the other way around.  

[/QUOTE]

The fact of the matter is that pitchers in Japan train differently and pitch differently than over here. DiceK is a product of that system, not ours. IMO it has nothing to do with race. It has to do with comparing that system to ours and comparing and contrasting the pitchers who have successfully made that transition and those who have not.

That said, there have certainly been racist and bigoted comments here, and when they occur they should be labeled as such and the authors called out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: It is racist to use Dice-K or any other Japanese pitcher as a tool to access posting on Tanaka!

Your comp could use any pitcher (or player), regardless of race, who has played in one of Japan's prominent leagues.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.  The Japanese league is certainly different than any other.  It's frustrating, but understandable.  They really have the only other league that is economically lucrative, with a high degree of marketable, high quality baseball.  I don't blame them for wanting to protect their league, & keep quality players from bolting for the U.S.  mlb.  I admire the Japanese players & the mlb for honoring this.

I'm sure you already get this, & nobody thinks you are a racist.  You simply have a "soft" spot in your perceptions about a certain race-baiter on this site.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Or why is it other posters would access such a deep and ruining label on another poster for such?

Only Japan demands posting fee's and yet I am told I am a racist if I use other former or current MLB japanese pitchers as a measure to decide on wether we should bid on Tanaka.

Japan has the closest thing outside of Cuba to call itself MLB, surely we cannot find suitable comparrison to the Belgian league? When a Cuban defects and we talk about signing him do we site Korean ball players as comparable examples? No but we do cite Cubans. Dos Mio!

Should I use Cespedes? Or Trout? How can I avoid  being racist and still make the right call on Tanaka?

** next person calling another a racist on this board should be thrown out of the forum on their ear, not the other way around.  

i did not believe your original posting to be racist.  compare whoever you want to whoever.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Thank You ENCHI for your POINT/HUMOR/SERIOUS well timed taking some of our T-BALLERS to task here........  I for one have been the target of some of these crybabies that are constantly playing the RACE CARD .    I guess with baseball activitites a little slow some of our "KNIGHTS OF THE KEY BOARD" are getting antsy and find the need to attack some of us who perhaps have different opinions to theirs..........  They do seem to have a love/hate relationship with SOFTY..... The guy has been gone for about 10 days and they just seem to continue on him as if he was still here !!!  Go FIGURE !!

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bill....remember when you said "Nothing good has ever come out of Mexico"?  If you forgot.....thats what got you kicked out the first time......

Oh but you thought it was 'funny/humor' to make fun of a country and all of the people in it....that's so much better right?  That's why you're called a bigot kiddo.....face facts....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Hey Bill....remember when you said "Nothing good has ever come out of Mexico"?  If you forgot.....thats what got you kicked out the first time......

Oh but you thought it was 'funny/humor' to make fun of a country and all of the people in it....that's so much better right?  That's why you're called a bigot kiddo.....face facts....

[/QUOTE]Facts ?  You want facts ?????   Ok,  DRUGS/ILLEGALS/ & a crazy pitcher by the name of ACEVES that John Farrel had to show the door to.   Anything else that you read into that is your opinion only......

Sigh...here we go....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I doubt that many people would think that comparing Tanaka to Dice-K was a racist comparison, but merely a way to compare two different pitchers who pitched in the same league as sevral other posters have mentioned.

No Sox fans were concerned about where Uehara was from when he was mowing down opposing batters all season long just as they were not thinking of where Ortiz was born when he hit over .600 in the series.

Baseball is one of the most international games played in North America and player likes and dislikes are bases on performances on the field of play much more than where a guy was born.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

is all this crap real..or am i having a nightmare...you can't compare anymore?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to HailToTheKing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Thank You ENCHI for your POINT/HUMOR/SERIOUS well timed taking some of our T-BALLERS to task here........  I for one have been the target of some of these crybabies that are constantly playing the RACE CARD .    I guess with baseball activitites a little slow some of our "KNIGHTS OF THE KEY BOARD" are getting antsy and find the need to attack some of us who perhaps have different opinions to theirs..........  They do seem to have a love/hate relationship with SOFTY..... The guy has been gone for about 10 days and they just seem to continue on him as if he was still here !!!  Go FIGURE !!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Facts ?  You want facts ?????   Ok,  DRUGS/ILLEGALS/ & a crazy pitcher by the name of ACEVES that John Farrel had to show the door to.   Anything else that you read into that is your opinion only......

[/QUOTE]

Comments like this make you seem like a fool.

[/QUOTE]  Sorry Pumpsie......  i really don't see anything untruthful in the above post !!   As Bill Bellicek would say..... "it is what it is"  !!
    [/QUOTE]

Well...  There it is Pumpsie, Slasher, et. al.   Lil' Billy simply is too simple to realize that conflating the issues of illegal immigration, drug smuggling, & Aceves in an attempt to condemn & denegrate anything or anybody who comes from Mexico is wrong & unintentionally racist.

Yes Bill.  None of us like illegal immigration, drug smuggling, or Aceves, but we don't make the incredible leap in logic necessary to demean & denegrate everything that comes from Mexico.  Only an extremely ignorant person would do so.  But I think you know that.  This dipstick act is growing tiresome.  I'm not sure if you stick to platitudes, avoiding direct questions, because that's all you understand, or more so because it gives your ignorant musings cover?  

Direct question Billy......

1)  NOT is illegal immigration OK!  But do you know any good, honest, & hardworking LEGAL immigrants from Mexico?  Are they OK in your book?  Millions exist in this country.  Are you OK with that?  Do you even accept the premise that there are MILLIONS of good, honest, hardworking LEGAL immigrants in the U.S. who emmigrated from Mexico?

2)  Stiffy routinely race-baits on this site.  He has said that virtually all Red Sox & Boston fans are racists.  Are you OK with that?  Do you support this inflamatory rhetoric?  This is not humor Bill.  It's incindiary.  Without playing the victim, which you routinely accuse liberals of doing so, what do you have to say about stiffy's manifestly obvious race-baiting on this score?

3)  Stiffy is fond of using homophobic rhetoric.  I'm not saying he needs to embrace homosexuality, as I sadly respect anybody's honest & heartfelt religiously based views that it is Biblically wrong.  But there are millions of christians like Stiffy, 67, & perhaps yourself who routinely pounce on all homosexual issues in the news, using red herring issues to condemn homosexuality as THE UNFORGIVABLE sin.  I won't debate that the bible lists it as a sin, however it's more than clear that folks like 67 & Stiffy take every opportunity to tout it as one of the few sins worth perseverant condemnation.  They don't go on ad nauseum about adultery, bigotry, greed, averace, jealousy, coveting, etc., or PRIDE (the sin that perportedly comes before all others).  They focus on the one sin they know is not theres, & give it a special place in their hearts for constant attention & condemnation.  It's obvious that this is precisely what they do, but I'm not sure any of them (perhaps you too?) are quite bright enough to even realize it?  So, are you ok with it when Stiffy & 67 start on this Kkrap?

*  For once in your tenure here Billy, have the stones to step up & answer a dirct question, without the predictable playing the victim.  Are you even capable of reading & directly responding to numerous pointed questions?  As dad would say, "answer the damn questions son!  Stop playing dumb & just answer the questions boy!  These questions are not rocket science, & I didn't think I raised a dope!  Did I?"  ;)

It appears that these questions could be asked of burrito also?  Not quite sure.  Not sure why he defends Stiffy on the indefensible?  Curious..... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Drug smuggling is the act of cartels not Mexico. If no one has noticed far too many good people in Mexico have been killed while trying to stop the cartels.

Immigration is the fault of our government not Mexico. Try getting into Mexico the way they come to the US and you will see they put us in prison we give them a great start in a great country.

No one was complaining about Aceves a few years ago when he was saving the BP and SP arses.

There is a reason the RS have several Japanese players. It is their committment to assisting them when they are signed here. It is a reason why they may have an inside position for Tanaka. When he talks to the RS players and former players he will probably get a favorable answer when it comes to Boston's FO. They have done everything to assist players like Dice while he was here. BTW when they got Dice they also got another guy Okijima who was damn good and probably came because of Dice.

The 20 moil posting is a business agreement and a drop in the bucket for teams interested. If not for the posting fee MLB just might be shut out of selling MLB merchandise in Japan and other Asian countries. Which would then allow non MLB sanctioned firms to earn all that money and not MLB.

Cuban players have no rights in Cuba. Thus the only way to play in the MLB is to defect. MLB can not have any agreement with Cuba as it is illegal.

There is no race involved in any of what MLB does in Japan or Korea or Cuba.

BTW IMHO anyone using the racist card today does so at their own benefit.

I have heard many 20 something blacks and whites and asians and etc... say race is not part of their life. They say it does not play into anything they do. If anyone has opened their eyes lately the kids are leading the way in a non race USA.

IMHO all most every one under 40 is color blind as well as sexual orientation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Why would it be racist to compare Tanaka to Dice?

Would it be racist to compare Tanaka to Darvish?

Anyone that wants to sign someone without a proper contextual comparison is either nuts or poor.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The fact of the matter is that pitchers in Japan train differently and pitch differently than over here. DiceK is a product of that system, not ours. IMO it has nothing to do with race. It has to do with comparing that system to ours and comparing and contrasting the pitchers who have successfully made that transition and those who have not.

That said, there have certainly been racist and bigoted comments here, and when they occur they should be labeled as such and the authors called out.

[/QUOTE]

America is becoming stupider by the day.  If you trade for someone that comes from the PCL, you compare his stats to other players of his age in the PCL.  You don't hate West Coasters simply because you compare him to players from the PCL.  You're not an agist just because you compare a 22 year old to other 22 year olds.  You're not a sexist because you compare him to other male players, and not to a female softball league.

The first recent Cuban probably got underpaid.  Every time a Chapman or a Puig show up, the next Cuban gets paid more, because the comparatives are better.  If the next Cuban hits 55 HRs, every GM will be waiting in line to sign a Cuban.  If the next Cuban gets paid $75M and fizzles out in AAA, GMs will shy away.

The idea that we cannot compare two players because one of them is Japanese is nuts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to HailToTheKing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Comments like this make you seem like a fool.

[/QUOTE]  Sorry Pumpsie......  i really don't see anything untruthful in the above post !!   As Bill Bellicek would say..... "it is what it is"  !!

[/QUOTE]

Bill, let me try to explain something to you: just because some individuals in a society are immoral or behave badly does not mean that the entire society is worthless. Drug smugglers make up a very small portion of Mexican citizens; Aceves is only one individual. As for illegal immigration, the men and women who commit this crime also make up a small portion of Mexicans-and the reason they do it is almost justifiable (to what extremes would you go to feed YOUR family?).

By way of comparison, here is a link for you listing some people of Mexican ancestry who have greatly contributed to society as a whole. And on a personal note, I have been to Mexico many many times and have seen what their culture is, and I like it very much. To me, overall, the family unit down there is much more cohesive than here. They are helpful and friendly, overall, and are almost always pleasant to me-a visitor from a foreign country.  For you to condemn the entire society, because of your unabashed bigotry, makes you look like a fool Bill. Wake up and smell the roses. Here is your list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mexicans

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drug smuggling is the act of cartels not Mexico. If no one has noticed far too many good people in Mexico have been killed while trying to stop the cartels.

Immigration is the fault of our government not Mexico. Try getting into Mexico the way they come to the US and you will see they put us in prison we give them a great start in a great country.

No one was complaining about Aceves a few years ago when he was saving the BP and SP arses.

There is a reason the RS have several Japanese players. It is their committment to assisting them when they are signed here. It is a reason why they may have an inside position for Tanaka. When he talks to the RS players and former players he will probably get a favorable answer when it comes to Boston's FO. They have done everything to assist players like Dice while he was here. BTW when they got Dice they also got another guy Okijima who was damn good and probably came because of Dice.

The 20 moil posting is a business agreement and a drop in the bucket for teams interested. If not for the posting fee MLB just might be shut out of selling MLB merchandise in Japan and other Asian countries. Which would then allow non MLB sanctioned firms to earn all that money and not MLB.

Cuban players have no rights in Cuba. Thus the only way to play in the MLB is to defect. MLB can not have any agreement with Cuba as it is illegal.

There is no race involved in any of what MLB does in Japan or Korea or Cuba.

BTW IMHO anyone using the racist card today does so at their own benefit.

I have heard many 20 something blacks and whites and asians and etc... say race is not part of their life. They say it does not play into anything they do. If anyone has opened their eyes lately the kids are leading the way in a non race USA.

IMHO all most every one under 40 is color blind as well as sexual orientation.

[/QUOTE]

Excellent post Jim.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts