It is racist to use Dice-K or any other Japanese pitcher as a tool to access posting on Tanaka!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: It is racist to use Dice-K or any other Japanese pitcher as a tool to access posting on Tanaka!

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When you post as  LagunaJose you almost seem human. 

[/QUOTE]

I haven't been around much lately, and just discovered Laguna Jose was Pike.  I agree, T, LJ is not a bad poster unlike every other incarnation of Pike.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: It is racist to use Dice-K or any other Japanese pitcher as a tool to access posting on Tanaka!

While working in Phoenix, AZ., I had the opportunity to befriend an oncologist who was a direct decendant of Franz Liszt.  One evening while visiting him, he sat down and  ripped off Hungarian Rharpsody #2 flawlessly from start to finish without the music on his beautiful baby grand piano.

Being an ex-musician(piano, clarinet, sax, trumpet), I could only drool at the talent that this guy had.  To stand next to the piano as a direct decendant of a world renowned composer played this incredibly difficult work was nothing short of breathtaking.

My point? genetics, my friends.  We are all bound by genetic limitation.  Be it musical, athletic, intellectual, or whatever.  Try as hard as you can, but most us will never be able to throw a baseball 100mph unless we're blessed with God-given genetics.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While working in Phoenix, AZ., I had the opportunity to befriend an oncologist who was a direct decendant of Franz Liszt.  One evening while visiting him, he sat down and  ripped off Hungarian Rharpsody #2 flawlessly from start to finish without the music on his beautiful baby grand piano.

Being an ex-musician(piano, clarinet, sax, trumpet), I could only drool at the talent that this guy had.  To stand next to the piano as a direct decendant of a world renowned composer played this incredibly difficult work was nothing short of breathtaking.

My point? genetics, my friends.  We are all bound by genetic limitation.  Be it musical, athletic, intellectual, or whatever.  Try as hard as you can, but most us will never be able to throw a baseball 100mph unless we're blessed with God-given genetics.

[/QUOTE]

Genetic determinism? How much of human behavior and abilities does genetics explain? It still is a matter of debate.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Genetic determinism? How much of human behavior and abilities does genetics explain? It still is a matter of debate.

[/QUOTE]

Good luck in trying to change it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good luck in trying to change it.

[/QUOTE]

Change what? Have you ever known people to squander their talents and abilities? Or those who succeed despite limitations? Not sure what your point is? Genetics is a base point that varies for all. Where individuals go from there is not pre-determined.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Dice-K is a Monday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

And a destroyer of time

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

[/QUOTE]

It is not done without probable cause and if it was there would be a bizillion recordings across the nation from cell phones etc showing of all the supposed injustices.

The problem is not with folks like me who accept the fact that racism exists today but with confused people like you who would like to coddle thugs and murderers because you believe that their civil rights outweight the public's need to be protected from them and illegal handguns.

[/QUOTE]

lol....i never said racism didnt exist.  my whole point in this thread is that racism DOES exist.  but some white folk seem to think it doesn't.  that was the point of my original posting.  so....i am not confused.  are you?

let me clue you in on something....this isnt an "across the nation" problem.  it is a NYC problem.  do you live in the city?  do you spend any time there?  in predominately minority area?  btw - it IS DONE WITHOUT PROBABLY CAUSE.  that is the whole point / problem with this policy.

i dont expect honest answers as you still didnt answer my last questions....

if police started doing that to white people how fast do you think it would cease??  and how loud would you be screaming that it is unconstitutional?

since mass murders are commited by white people carrying guns....i suppose by your philosophy that white people should not be allowed to own or carry guns.  for the safety of the community and all. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

It's not rascist, but I would question why one would assume another Japanese pitcher would perform the exact same way Dice-K did, which is what many people are saying.  Would they also say that every pitcher from Texas will be another Beckett?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to crix's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's not rascist, but I would question why one would assume another Japanese pitcher would perform the exact same way Dice-K did, which is what many people are saying.  Would they also say that every pitcher from Texas will be another Beckett?  

[/QUOTE]

What do u guys miss about the unique Posting Fee, and having excelled in the NPB as key points to comparing Tanaka to other Japanese pitchers? What in the hay does that have to do with Texas or Beckett?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to crix's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What do u guys miss about the unique Posting Fee, and having excelled in the NPB as key points to comparing Tanaka to other Japanese pitchers? What in the hay does that have to do with Texas or Beckett?

[/QUOTE]

Because you are talking about a culture. Not a race.  I don't think people in Cambodia care about the unique posting fee.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

It is not done without probable cause and if it was there would be a bizillion recordings across the nation from cell phones etc showing of all the supposed injustices.

The problem is not with folks like me who accept the fact that racism exists today but with confused people like you who would like to coddle thugs and murderers because you believe that their civil rights outweight the public's need to be protected from them and illegal handguns.

[/QUOTE]

lol....i never said racism didnt exist.  my whole point in this thread is that racism DOES exist.  but some white folk seem to think it doesn't.  that was the point of my original posting.  so....i am not confused.  are you?

let me clue you in on something....this isnt an "across the nation" problem.  it is a NYC problem.  do you live in the city?  do you spend any time there?  in predominately minority area?  btw - it IS DONE WITHOUT PROBABLY CAUSE.  that is the whole point / problem with this policy.

i dont expect honest answers as you still didnt answer my last questions....

if police started doing that to white people how fast do you think it would cease??  and how loud would you be screaming that it is unconstitutional?

since mass murders are commited by white people carrying guns....i suppose by your philosophy that white people should not be allowed to own or carry guns.  for the safety of the community and all. 

[/QUOTE]

Number one we have a second amendment the crimes being commited in NYC are being commited with illegal handguns not hunting rifles. Personally I don't own guns but I respect the constitution and I know a lot of people who are hunters who are responsible gun owners.

I've had season tickets to YS. I go to NY all the time for ballgames and business.

My family is originally from the Bronx.

I've spent a lot of time in the city I remember how bad the crime was prior to stop and frisk before Rudy Guliani and Mike Bloomberg.

I remember what a toilet Times Square was, an absolute cess pool with all the peep shows, when you were approached right on the street in broad daylight  by pushers offering whatever drug you were looking for.

I remember the squeegee squad shaking down drivers stopped at red lights for money.

You lack the common sense to understand the problem.

Blacks are being stopped because they are the group committing the crimes, because that's where all the illegal guns are being apprehended in their residential neighborhoods where black people are being murdered at a much higher rate than any other race..

Most of the crimes are black on black.

White people are not roaming the inner city of NY with illegal handguns killing black people. Could you ever imagine if that was the case???? Heaven forbid.

Let's see how things look in a couple of years with this goofball DeBlasio behind the wheel.

Heaven help the people of NYC. If left to their own devices the left will run the financial district and its tax revenue right out of NY.

Sections
Shortcuts