It is racist to use Dice-K or any other Japanese pitcher as a tool to access posting on Tanaka!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: It is racist to use Dice-K or any other Japanese pitcher as a tool to access posting on Tanaka!

I was labeled on the forum, maybe that is why it bothers me so much. Have a great New Year!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: It is racist to use Dice-K or any other Japanese pitcher as a tool to access posting on Tanaka!

Dont let the bastards get you down Ench Some are mean,some are ignorant, some are both. But most are decent. hang in there

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dont let the bastards get you down Ench Some are mean,some are ignorant, some are both. But most are decent. hang in there

[/QUOTE]

i agree.

burr, anyone who pays attnetion knows your not a bad dude. we all fight with one another but at the end of the day. the true baseball fans get it. there's more than 1 way to skin a cat (bet there's a GREAT story behind that analogy) and with so many ways to evaluate baseball players there's ALWAYS going to be something any 2 people disagree on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i agree.

burr, anyone who pays attnetion knows your not a bad dude. we all fight with one another but at the end of the day. the true baseball fans get it. there's more than 1 way to skin a cat (bet there's a GREAT story behind that analogy) and with so many ways to evaluate baseball players there's ALWAYS going to be something any 2 people disagree on.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, careful!!  I'm a big-time cat lover.....LOL

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

It's reprehensible for anyone to categorize; be it country, race, or nationality.

Being Polish, I've heard my share of 'jokes' which aren't really funny.  So, it tickles me when I read that Joe Madden, whose mother is Polish, volunteered cooking for the needy which included pierogi and kielbasa.   :)   Yaz, also, would be proud I'm sure.

What troubles me that even if an apology was given, 'a wolf is a wolf even when it doesn't eat the sheep'.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a dumb idea for a thread, and I mean dumb. "Racist"? We might ask if Japanese pitchers can cut it here, or if their training habits translate well, but what has that to do with their "race"? Seems more like a baseball culture thing. I am SICK of EVERYTHING being about "race". Shut the @&€¥%# up.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!!  The 'race card' is shoved in our faces all too much.  Just because a person questions Japanese training habits etc. doesn't mean he's a racist.  It's the total categorization that's wrong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Of course its dumb examiner and I'm glad that it didnt upset you , but its only runner up for dumbest thread of the day tothe duck dynasty thread on the football board

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

Of course its dumb examiner and I'm glad that it didnt upset you , but its only runner up for dumbest thread of the day tothe duck dynasty thread on the football board

[/QUOTE]

Ive missed that one, thankfully. Im about as conservative as they come, but I avoid threads like that generally, because it just turns into a bunch of arguing. Ive also noticed there is much more of that inflamatory crap on the Pats forum than there is over here, and about 1000% more "atheists" over there than here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

It's reprehensible for anyone to categorize; be it country, race, or nationality.

Being Polish, I've heard my share of 'jokes' which aren't really funny.  So, it tickles me when I read that Joe Madden, whose mother is Polish, volunteered cooking for the needy which included pierogi and kielbasa.   :)   Yaz, also, would be proud I'm sure.

What troubles me that even if an apology was given, 'a wolf is a wolf even when it doesn't eat the sheep'.

I used to tell Polock jokes occasionally until I read a book called "A Question of Honor: The Kosciuszko Squadron: Forgotten Heroes of World War II" (by Lynne Olson and Stanley Cloud) and found out how much the Polish and their fighter pilots contributed to an Allied victory in WW2, and how they got turned over to Stalin by the rest of the Allies for their trouble, and then forgotten. They begged for help from us and England, but got slammed behind the Iron Curtain anyway. After everything they did to help defeat Hitler, they just got turned over to Stalin, who was arguably worse, and who's regeime (by political extension) lasted ten times longer. Its a very sad turn of events--not to mention the plight of the Polish Jews, which is also a tragedy all its own. But its a matter of historic fact that the Battle of Brittain would have been lost without the assistance of Polish fighter pilots who escaped to England with their planes minutes ahead of the Blitz. I will never tell or laugh at another Polock joke. If youre Polish, you might want to check it out. Very, very good book. It does your people proud.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Heard a good joke.  Two Japanese pitchers walk into a bar , bartender says ,  ............... Ahh, forget it.  Can't use the punch line --- it might offend someone.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I used to tell Polock jokes occasionally until I read a book called "A Question of Honor: The Kosciuszko Squadron: Forgotten Heroes of World War II" (by Lynne Olson and Stanley Cloud) and found out how much the Polish and their fighter pilots contributed to an Allied victory in WW2, and how they got turned over to Stalin by the rest of the Allies for their trouble, and then forgotten. They begged for help from us and England, but got slammed behind the Iron Curtain anyway. After everything they did to help defeat Hitler, they just got turned over to Stalin, who was arguably worse, and who's regeime (by political extension) lasted ten times longer. Its a very sad turn of events--not to mention the plight of the Polish Jews, which is also a tragedy all its own. But its a matter of historic fact that the Battle of Brittain would have been lost without the assistance of Polish fighter pilots who escaped to England with their planes minutes ahead of the Blitz. I will never tell or laugh at another Polock joke. If youre Polish, you might want to check it out. Very, very good book. It does your people proud.

Thanks for the info.  I was aware, but unfamiliar with the book.  I'll check it out.

Kosciuszko was also the designer and involved in the initial building of West Point.  He was appointed to this task by George Washington.

The treatment of Poland after WW11 was despicable, to say the least.  It continues to this day with the cancellation of the European missle defense system.  And to think, Poland never once wavered in its support of any US endeavor.  It mocks the term 'Solidarnosc' whose influence was responsible for the beginning of freedom for eastern Europe.

Thank you mister president and company. 

It wasn't until relatively recently that Chopin's body was exhumed from France and transported to Poland for re-burial.  It was his request, before his death, to be buried in Poland when it became a free country.  During Chopin's career, most of his earnings were sent to Poland to financially help its cause.

I could go on and on.....

P.S. Some people on the board may not even know who Chopin is.  For you guys, I'll give you a hint.  He's a musician who doesn't do hip-hop or heavy metal....LOL 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I think it is more accurate to say Poland "begged" for help from Britain and France and not us. Both of those countries were still so-called world powers and had guaranteed Poland's security.

The terrible thing is that we looked the other way at the end of the war and let the 1939 aggression by the Soviets stand as they occupied Poland and began the systematic eradication of any Pole not willing to tow the Communist line. Of course had we continued the war at that point with the Reds as the new enemy many more millions would perish (short of dropping an Atom bomb on Moscow).

The Soviets and Stalin were every bit the Nazi animals twin, and the Iron Curtain was drawn across Eastern Europe; the same Eastern Europe that Adolf Hitler so desperately wanted to rule. While Hitler prepared to shoot himself in his bunker the Soviets were already cleansing East Prussia, Poland, Lithuania, and other countries and peoples simply because they were not Russian or at the very least non-communists.

No better way to line things up the way you want then to eradicate an entire peoples while train tracking in your own nationals to take up the formers land, property, and livelihoods.

What a world.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Buritto the historian....Wow!  I had no idea.  I'm impressed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you are interested in the Middle East sub-modern history (Skykes-Pichot, 1919, Al Saud, etc.,) may I suggest A Peace to End All Peace, 20th Anniversary Edition: The Fall of the ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you are interested in the Middle East sub-modern history (Skykes-Pichot, 1919, Al Saud, etc.,) may I suggest A Peace to End All Peace, 20th Anniversary Edition: The Fall of the ...

[/QUOTE]

Thanks...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.  I was aware, but unfamiliar with the book.  I'll check it out.

Kosciuszko was also the designer and involved in the initial building of West Point.  He was appointed to this task by George Washington.

The treatment of Poland after WW11 was despicable, to say the least.  It continues to this day with the cancellation of the European missle defense system.  And to think, Poland never once wavered in its support of any US endeavor.  It mocks the term 'Solidarnosc' whose influence was responsible for the beginning of freedom for eastern Europe.

Thank you mister president and company. 

It wasn't until relatively recently that Chopin's body was exhumed from France and transported to Poland for re-burial.  It was his request, before his death, to be buried in Poland when it became a free country.  During Chopin's career, most of his earnings were sent to Poland to financially help its cause.

I could go on and on.....

P.S. Some people on the board may not even know who Chopin is.  For you guys, I'll give you a hint.  He's a musician who doesn't do hip-hop or heavy metal....LOL 

[/QUOTE]

no heavy metal?! welp, im out. if you can't headbang to it, it's not worth listening to

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

redsoxdirtdog it is okay. I know I say some things that can sound racist, and to be told so and reprimanded comes with the territory of making questionable remarks. But when someone insists that makes you a racist, and then they compound it by saying you are guilty by denial infuriated me. Obviously 2 months later and it still stings.

Bill-806 seems to only post comments and barely ever engages the aftermath or fall-out of those remarks.

I suppose my humor derives from the old Don Rickles roast approach. Things that could be said then but not now, even though at neither time were they meant to harm anyone.

*** I did not answer your last post because it was so long and determined I figured I could never explain myself enough to change your perception of me (in that particular post).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heard a good joke.  Two Japanese pitchers walk into a bar , bartender says ,  ............... Ahh, forget it.  Can't use the punch line --- it might offend someone.  

[/QUOTE]

LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

redsoxdirtdog it is okay. I know I say some things that can sound racist, and to be told so and reprimanded comes with the territory of making questionable remarks. But when someone insists that makes you a racist, and then they compound it by saying you are guilty by denial infuriated me. Obviously 2 months later and it still stings.

Bill-806 seems to only post comments and barely ever engages the aftermath or fall-out of those remarks.

I suppose my humor derives from the old Don Rickles roast approach. Things that could be said then but not now, even though at neither time were they meant to harm anyone.

*** I did not answer your last post because it was so long and determined I figured I could never explain myself enough to change your perception of me (in that particular post).

[/QUOTE]Ench ..... As DAD would say .......... "And look at what these mean people have done to my SON, BILL-806" !!      keep posting Ench, can't let the lib/left drive us off this board !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

I think it is more accurate to say Poland "begged" for help from Britain and France and not us. Both of those countries were still so-called world powers and had guaranteed Poland's security.

The terrible thing is that we looked the other way at the end of the war and let the 1939 aggression by the Soviets stand as they occupied Poland and began the systematic eradication of any Pole not willing to tow the Communist line. Of course had we continued the war at that point with the Reds as the new enemy many more millions would perish (short of dropping an Atom bomb on Moscow).

The Soviets and Stalin were every bit the Nazi animals twin, and the Iron Curtain was drawn across Eastern Europe; the same Eastern Europe that Adolf Hitler so desperately wanted to rule. While Hitler prepared to shoot himself in his bunker the Soviets were already cleansing East Prussia, Poland, Lithuania, and other countries and peoples simply because they were not Russian or at the very least non-communists.

No better way to line things up the way you want then to eradicate an entire peoples while train tracking in your own nationals to take up the formers land, property, and livelihoods.

What a world.

[/QUOTE]

I think I read that Stalin killed 30 million of his own people, including Jews and Russian nationals, and was planning another major Jewish purge when he finally died. He died on Purim, which is the celebration of Jewish victory over the attempted purge of Haman in Persia described in the book of Esther. The planned Stalin purge did not take place. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As James Joyce said, history is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I think I read that Stalin killed 30 million of his own people, including Jews and Russian nationals, and was planning another major Jewish purge when he finally died. He died on Purim, which is the celebration of Jewish victory over the attempted purge of Haman in Persia described in the book of Esther. The planned Stalin purge did not take place. 

The really sad part is how he was celebrated by some of America's far left, long after we knew the extent of his atrocities.

There was a 60 Minutes piece, showing these old ladies celebrating Stalin's birthday.  Apparently 60 Minutes thought it was cute.  He was responsible for more deaths than Hitler.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'm still amazed that France and England allowed all this to start.  I have no idea why they thought 'give the crazy guy anything he wants' was going to be a strategy that was going to work.

Sections
Shortcuts