IT IS TIME FOR CAMERON TO EXIT STAGE LEFT!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

IT IS TIME FOR CAMERON TO EXIT STAGE LEFT!!

yES!  it is time to trade or dfa Mike Cameron...he contributes nothing...Nothing!!  So, he is a right handed bat off the bench..so, if he doesn't hit?  Which he doesnt!  Nuf said... Move on, and give the most deserving aaa or aa player we have a shot!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Re: IT IS TIME FOR CAMERON TO EXIT STAGE LEFT!!

Here we go with this stuff again.  We are going to call someone up from AA or AAA to be a bench guy?  Seriously?  You want to take a young guy from playing every day to riding the pine?  If it gets serious enough, then the Sox will pull a trade for bench depth.  If not, Cameron is perfectly servicable until September callups.  He may not be doing great, but calling someone up, from where they get everyday pplaying time, to be a bench guy, that would be worse than stupid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Sox got two runs tonight.  Cameron got one of the RBIs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

If JD was able to earn his money you wouldn't have to care about Cameron.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Put Drew and Cameron back to back....make them walk twenty paces.....tell them to turn and fire....keep the one who survives.....send flowers to the widow.....and then play Reddick everyday....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

What the hell?  Didn't Cameron drive in one of the runs with a two out hit to tie the score or was I dreaming.  This one is on Lester.  I love the guy but Cam got it tied.  At that point the ace is supposed to figure it out and shut the door and wait for the Sox to scratch out a run.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to IT IS TIME FOR CAMERON TO EXIT STAGE LEFT!!:
    [QUOTE]yES!  it is time to trade or dfa Mike Cameron...he contributes nothing...Nothing!!  So, he is a right handed bat off the bench..so, if he doesn't hit?  Which he doesnt!  Nuf said... Move on, and give the most deserving aaa or aa player we have a shot!
    Posted by REBEL[/QUOTE]

And what do you do if the RHH AAA player doesn't hit either?

If the biggest problem this team has is Mike Cameron, they are in good shape.

And Cameron won't be reelased.  The Sox are not about to ruin their depth with a bunch of irreversible moves.  Cameron is already paid for, might as well keep him...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: IT IS TIME FOR CAMERON TO EXIT STAGE LEFT!!:
    [QUOTE]Put Drew and Cameron back to back....make them walk twenty paces.....tell them to turn and fire....keep the one who survives.....send flowers to the widow.....and then play Reddick everyday....
    Posted by mountainmonkey[/QUOTE]

The assumption is the guy that the young, unproven prospect will play better.  Based on what?  Hopeful thinking? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i have to agree that cameron is brutal but he was not the reason why we lost tonight. We lost because lester stunk it up(which he seems to be doing quite a bit this year) and our hitters decided to take the night off. We put up 2 runs against a mediocre pitcher. Also some of the blame has to be put on the coma. Batting darnel mcdonald who is hitting a whopping .125 6th ahead of salty, scutaro, and cameron was just plain dumb. What needs to happen is reddick who was called up to replace crawford needs to start as many games as possible and drew needs to play as well. Cameron and mcdonald should not get into as many games as they have. Enough with putting them in everytime we play a lefty pitcher. The are both terrible hitters and the fact that they are right handed does not negate that.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Actually, this is as good a time as any to play Cameron to see if he has anything left in the tank as a hitter. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Mcdonald is hitting .176 against lefties this year and cameron is hitting .140 against lefties. Drew is hitting .206 against lefties and reddick is hitting .500 against lefties. Hmmmm......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Mcdonald is hitting .176 against lefties this year and cameron is hitting .140 against lefties. Drew is hitting .206 against lefties and reddick is hitting .500 against lefties. Hmmmm......
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

Yes, Reddick is 2 for 4 this season against lefties - a very valid statistical sample vs. the long careers of Drew and Cameron.  Are you using betterredthandead (aka Softlaw) as a model for making arguments?   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

[QUOTE]Mcdonald is hitting .176 against lefties this year and cameron is hitting .140 against lefties. Drew is hitting .206 against lefties and reddick is hitting .500 against lefties. Hmmmm......

Any time someone is hitting exactly .500 it doesn't take much to realize they have had almost no attempts.  Come now, I really want to know why people jump straight to the DFA'ing them.  I can see giving Reddick some time, but seriously guys.  My car doesn't work today.  Screw the repair shop, I'm just going to melt it down for scrap metal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

You're going to make your argument on a sample size of 4 at-bats?  And ones that came against Adam Wilk and Charlie Furbush?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I said this before and hate to beat a dead horse but 2012 and beyond will probably be our most productive teams.  A nice mix of well rounded veterans, youth, athleticism and speed.  Cam and others had some nice years but its time for the Vets to step aside and open up slots for the next generation.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]I said this before and hate to beat a dead horse but 2012 and beyond will probably be our most productive teams.  A nice mix of well rounded veterans, youth, athleticism and speed.  Cam and others had some nice years but its time for the Vets to step aside and open up slots for the next generation.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Sure, the coming years for the Red Sox may just be fine and dandy, but success in baseball is very fleeting.  2011 is as good a year as any for the Red Sox to win a World Series with a Red Sox edge over the Yankees in the key area of starting pitching.  Don't think that advantage is going to be sustained.  The "weakness" in rightfield is blown way out of proportion by comparison and there's no reason to believe that plugging in the next generation is going to necessarily produce that much of a net gain at this point in time.

Sections
Shortcuts