It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again

So the Sox went 10-1 and we're supposed to respect Tito NOW? How much money have we spent to put this juggernaut together? Theo did everything but hand Coma the AL East over the winter! No...Tito still Sxcks...get over it front-runners!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

@PetesCall:

No, because Francona has gone 709-515 with Two Pennants and Two WS titles.  THAT'S why you should have been respecting Tito all along.  Tough crowd.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

I respect what I see him do every day...flounder around when all the ducks aren't perfectly lined up!  No way...he's the luckiest manager in Sox history...

In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again:
    [QUOTE]@PetesCall: No, because Francona has gone 709-515 with Two Pennants and Two WS titles.  THAT'S why you should have been respecting Tito all along.  Tough crowd.
    Posted by saxydogg77[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Here they come. The "Coma" lovers. Tito this and Tito that. Where were they the first game of the Toronto series when the Wizard gets schooled by his old pitching coach. A guy who's only been Managing since this past April. As all of you guys are running around in your skivies whipping each other with wet noodles at JIMDAVIS' house, because the Sox are in 1st. place at the break. You're giddy with pleasure, Tito the master is at it again. HOF and MOY season. See me in Sept. when crunch time begins. Then lets see how he does. As I see it, this train has already left the station with Conductor Tito heading for his Grady Little moment in the post season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]                           Here they come. The "Coma" lovers. Tito this and Tito that. Where were they the first game of the Toronto series when the Wizard gets schooled by his old pitching coach. A guy who's only been Managing since this past April. As all of you guys are running around in your skivies whipping each other with wet noodles at JIMDAVIS' house, because the Sox are in 1st. place at the break. You're giddy with pleasure, Tito the master is at it again. HOF and MOY season. See me in Sept. when crunch time begins. Then lets see how he does. As I see it, this train has already left the station with Conductor Tito heading for his Grady Little moment in the post season.
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]

Wow.  It sounds like your train left the station a long time ago.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

People are the worst.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]People are the worst.
    I hate people.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]                           Here they come. The "Coma" lovers. Tito this and Tito that. Where were they the first game of the Toronto series when the Wizard gets schooled by his old pitching coach. A guy who's only been Managing since this past April. As all of you guys are running around in your skivies whipping each other with wet noodles at JIMDAVIS' house, because the Sox are in 1st. place at the break. You're giddy with pleasure, Tito the master is at it again. HOF and MOY season. See me in Sept. when crunch time begins. Then lets see how he does. As I see it, this train has already left the station with Conductor Tito heading for his Grady Little moment in the post season.

Looks like you can't put a rational thought together even with spellcheck and google.  But that's ok.  I'm here all along because I realize that it is a long season with slumps and bad play, etc.  However, its how you handle the down time.  And Tito has shown through the years that he does this well.  With all the Tito hatred why don't the players rebel and talk in the media about how bad he is?  Because the players really like the guy.  We are all still waiting for the imaginary Grady Little moment that you speak of.  Tito has a pretty good record against all the managers you genuflect over.  You pick the ONLY game the Sox lost as evidence that Farrell outmanaged Tito.  let me guess, the other two wins were in spite of Terry.  Pathetic.  What is the talk of wet noodles?  You are off the rails with nonsense like this.  Grow up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I just read your post to my wife.  She asked if you were in 5th grade.  I defended you and corrected her saying that you were in 8th grade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Jim are you sure your wife didn't read my post to you? Yes at one time I was in the 5th grade and three years later, the 8th grade. We don't hate Tito we just don't like the way he thinks baseball and are willing to point those flaws out. You and the other Coma lovers accept everything, drink all the Kool-Aid and justify this by the final score. You were probably one of those guys    jumping up and down about Coma getting a 9MM extension only to learn that it wouldn't take effect until the end of the season. If he doesn't win they let him go and save the 9MM. It's like a performance bonus. He's going to have to do a lot more than pat fannys to cash that chip. I know, I know , give him the money now. We're in 1st place...........Now thats a fish that definitely won't fly!              

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Yeah, eggplants.  We use the final score to justify the Tito appreciation.  Strange huh?  Cold, hard, blind facts.  Scoreboard.  How odd that sports fans would consider the final score and actual, on-field results in our reasoning!  If appreciating Tito for what he's accomplished means drinking the kool-aid, then back up the truck.  

It's funny how all the "Coma" zombies believe that they somehow have tapped into Tito's brain and know how his baseball mind works as if they are in the clubhouse and meetings with him.  You and your ilk haven't a clue.  All you have are your ignorant, hysterical, emotion-drivin opinions that you spew out of your drooling maws on a pitch-by-pitch basis.  It's all about the scoreboard friend, it's all about results.  Tito delivers. 

Again, Tito was hand-picked to manage in a style that the Front Office approves of.  He is the perfect manager for this franchise at this moment in time.  He works in harmony with the FO and the players.  Deal with it and enjoy the magical run we've been on for the last decade or so.  Or continue to be bitter about each and every win the Sox amass.  Seriously, what kind of fan cheerfully predicts the demise of the team they supposedly root for?  I believe it's some kind of psychological disorder.  Good luck in the future! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, eggplants.  We use the final score to justify the Tito appreciation.  Strange huh?  Cold, hard, blind facts.  Scoreboard.  How odd that sports fans would consider the final score and actual, on-field results in our reasoning!  If appreciating Tito for what he's accomplished means drinking the kool-aid, then back up the truck.   It's funny how all the "Coma" zombies believe that they somehow have tapped into Tito's brain and know how his baseball mind works as if they are in the clubhouse and meetings with him.  You and your ilk haven't a clue.  All you have are your ignorant, hysterical, emotion-drivin opinions that you spew out of your drooling maws on a pitch-by-pitch basis.  It's all about the scoreboard friend, it's all about results.  Tito delivers.  Again, Tito was hand-picked to manage in a style that the Front Office approves of.  He is the perfect manager for this franchise at this moment in time.  He works in harmony with the FO and the players.  Deal with it and enjoy the magical run we've been on for the last decade or so.  Or continue to be bitter about each and every win the Sox amass.  Seriously, what kind of fan cheerfully predicts the demise of the team they supposedly root for?  I believe it's some kind of psychological disorder.  Good luck in the future! 

I may be wrong, but I remember something about Schilling refusing to come to the Sox unless Francona was hired as the manager. If that's true, it dispells the rumor that he was handpicked. I also read somewhere, I think, that one of the Sox brass was quoted off the record as saying, "to get Schilling, we have to make the buffoon the manager" . That may just be a rumor.....Sealed lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again : I may be wrong, but I remember something about Schilling refusing to come to the Sox unless Francona was hired as the manager. If that's true, it dispells the rumor that he was handpicked. I also read somewhere, I think, that one of the Sox brass was quoted off the record as saying, "to get Schilling, we have to make the buffoon the manager" . That may just be a rumor..... lol
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'm willing to accept those vague rumors and anonymous quotes as cold-hard facts.  Why not?  Nope, still doesn't change my scoreboard argument.       

In the meantime, here's an interesting article that was just posted on Grantand

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6754938/tito-theo

Also, I suggest y'all read Moneyball and Feeding the Monster.  It might actually open some eyes a little bit as to the reality of the situation that is this current Red Sox team. I know asking some of you to actually read a book might be a stretch, but firing up some of those long-dormant neurons will be well worth it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]                         Jim are you sure your wife didn't read my post to you? Yes at one time I was in the 5th grade and three years later, the 8th grade. We don't hate Tito we just don't like the way he thinks baseball and are willing to point those flaws out. You and the other Coma lovers accept everything, drink all the Kool-Aid and justify this by the final score. You were probably one of those guys    jumping up and down about Coma getting a 9MM extension only to learn that it wouldn't take effect until the end of the season. If he doesn't win they let him go and save the 9MM. It's like a performance bonus. He's going to have to do a lot more than pat fannys to cash that chip. I know, I know , give him the money now. We're in 1st place...........Now thats a fish that definitely won't fly!              

Whatever.  If you think the following quote makes you an adult, you are lining in a different world than I am:

As all of you guys are running around in your skivies whipping each other with wet noodles at JIMDAVIS' house, because the Sox are in 1st. place at the break.

You should be very pround.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again : Cool, I'm willing to accept those vague rumors and anonymous quotes as cold-hard facts.  Why not?  Nope, still doesn't change my scoreboard  argument.        In the meantime, here's an interesting article that was just posted on  Grantand http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6754938/tito-theo Also, I suggest y'all read Moneyball  and Feeding the Monster .   It might actually open some eyes a little bit as to the reality of the situation that is this current Red Sox team. I know asking some of you to actually read a book might be a stretch, but firing up some of those long-dormant neurons will be well worth it.

Great read, Sax.  I'm with you.  I love the kool Aid!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again : Great read, Sax.  I'm with you.  I love the kool Aid!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Seriously.  These sad loners try to belittle us by saying we "drink Kool-Aid."  Well, why wouldn't we?  It's not like we're rooting for some pathetic franchise that doesn't stand a chance and never will.  We're rooting for one of the most dominant teams in all of sports.  The Sox obviously know what they're doing.  Save the vitriol for the Yankees.  Fandom 101.  I've seen people whine that Tito didn't call for a sac bunt in the third inning of a game recently.  The hysterical ignorance on display is breathtaking.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again : Seriously.  These sad loners try to belittle us by saying we "drink Kool-Aid."  Well, why wouldn't we?  It's not like we're rooting for some pathetic franchise that doesn't stand a chance and never will.  We're rooting for one of the most dominant teams in all of sports.  The Sox obviously know what they're doing.  Save the vitriol for the Yankees.  Fandom 101.  I've seen people whine that Tito didn't call for a sac bunt in the third inning of a game recently.  The hysterical ignorance on display is breathtaking.

I have always said there are better in game managers.  However, no one is better at managing the season and then adjusting in the post season.  for me, Tito is the man.  The more the Sox win, the madder the bashers get.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]He's still a buffoon when it comes to on field strategy. If it were not for the sorry pitching we have been facing, his station-to-station offensive managing style is too safe. Francona is not a risk taker, and not agressive whatsoever on offense. He routinely will not test opposing OF arms and seldom plays hit and run. Lately, Ellsbury has been getting on base but has failed to attempt a SB. I don't know if that's on Francona or Ells but it's rediculous for him not to be running on the first or second pitch. He ties Pedey's hands when he doesn't run Esllbury.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Holding Jake on first creates a hole on the right side of the infield.

This is a bad thing?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

If these boards existed in the '50s and '60s, Boston.com no doubt would have had a handful of idiots who thought they knew more about coaching basketball than Red Auerbach. Probably even called for the Celtics to DFA Russell.

What can you do?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Any manager that brought 2 World Series Championships to Boston is all right by me.The Sox are in FIRST place,isn't that good enough for you?Some people can't appreciate a good thing even though it's right in front of them. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBeUGqeYsQg

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]If these boards existed in the '50s and '60s, Boston.com no doubt would have had a handful of idiots who thought they knew more about coaching basketball than Red Auerbach. Probably even called for the Celtics to DFA Russell. What can you do?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Nothing. Some folks use the eyes God gave them.
    Others use the vision God gave them.
    Each will see similar phenomenon differently.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again : Holding Jake on first creates a hole on the right side of the infield. This is a bad thing?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Not only that but Ells is leading the AL in stolen bases yet Ali thinks he doesn't steal enough.  Interesting circular thought pattern.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again : Not only that but Ells is leading the AL in stolen bases yet Ali thinks he doesn't steal enough.  Interesting circular thought pattern.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

You said more than he can imagine, my friend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again : Just curious:  when is the last time you saw a manager call for a suicide squeeze with a game in the balance?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I wonder if anybody actually watches baseball...

Suicide squeeze gives Brewers walk-off win

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again :  Sometimes I wonder if anybody actually watches baseball... Suicide squeeze gives Brewers walk-off win By Audrey Snyder / MLB.com |  5/28/2011 9:20 PM EST
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

The Brewers need to squeeze to score runs.  The Sox do not.  more wasted energy.