It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again

In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again : And we all remember one time it didn't work for Scioscia in a pretty big game.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Yea it didn't work once so lets forget about it all together !! At least the man tries to do something other then roll up his already chewed bubble gum and stick it back in his mouth. Anyway... Bottom Line is... The Sox are winning and Theo has enough All Stars, past and present, to keep this ship on the right course even with Tito at the helm !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again : Nope, you are wrong.  Even when the Sox were losing, I was not on here saying Tito must go of that Tito is great.  I was saying the pitchers had to pitch...which they started to do.  What he did was insulate the team and let them figure it out.  Which they did as well.  There will be other 3 game losing streaks because the Rays, Yanks and other teams are good also.  It is how you deal with the down times that defines a team.  Tito has guided them back from where the ESPN ticker had them dead in April and May.  Tito preached patience and the team has responded.  I know all you bashers have the reasons why at the ready.  And it pains you to have to go into the anti-Tito bag of tricks.  Once again, you lose and Tito wins...crazy like a fox!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Yea, and teams like The Padres and Pirates to name a few more !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again :  Yea, and teams like The Padres and Pirates to name a few more !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

The Pirates are above .500 and playing well.  It is hardly a shock that a good team might be able to beat another, especially at home.  Your point escapes me.  The Sox had a 5-4 trip and continue to set the pace in the AL.  If you think that means Tito should be fired, that is your opinion and I respectfully disagree.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again : The Pirates are above .500 and playing well.  It is hardly a shock that a good team might be able to beat another, especially at home.  Your point escapes me.  The Sox had a 5-4 trip and continue to set the pace in the AL.  If you think that means Tito should be fired, that is your opinion and I respectfully disagree.

I don't think Francona should be fired, far from it !! I just think he should be relieved of all duties concerning the playing of the game at hand, that given day, and focus all of his attention for the Long haul !! I have called for this type of arrangement a year or two ago conceding his "Long Term" managing skillset. I just dislike him actually making decisions during the game, or should I say lack of decisions. It's starting to confuse me as well. And BTW the fact that the Brewers may or may not need a squeeze play to score a game winning run was hardly the point was it?  The point was that there is a squeeze play in baseball, despite Tito's reluctance to call for one, that a manager can utilize to determine the outcome of a game. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again :  I don't think Francona should be fired, far from it !! I just think he should be relieved of all duties concerning the playing of the game at hand, that given day, and focus all of his attention for the Long haul !! I have called for this type of arrangement a year or two ago conceding his "Long Term" managing skillset. I just dislike him actually making decisions during the game, or should I say lack of decisions. It's starting to confuse me as well. And BTW the fact that the Brewers may or may not need a squeeze play to score a game winning run was hardly the point was it?  The point was that there is a squeeze play in baseball, despite Tito's reluctance to call for one, that a manager can utilize to determine the outcome of a game. 

Yes there is a squeeze play.  We all get that.  Just because there is doesn't mean it should be used in a particular instance.  The Sox have all the information they need to evaluate whether a squeeze is the right move in a situation.  When is the time you would have called for a squeeze to win a game that the Sox didn't win anyway?  Crawford has a few walkoff hits, JD Drew does have one as well.  A Gon, Papi, and Youk get the runs home when given the situation.  I am failing to remember the glaring instance where squeeze was the call and the Sox ended up losing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again:
    [QUOTE]So, the Sox are 10-1 in their last 11.  Based on the prevailing logic, the 10 wins were a combination of Tito doing what he is paid to do and the Sox winning in spite of him.  The one loss is, of course, all Tito's fault.  I just wanted to get that straight heading into the All-Star break.

Jim,

Of the 10 wins, they should have all been cake walks because we are such a powerful team.  Those that weren't are signs of Tito's silly choices.  He tried his best to lose those games.  In spite of that, the Sox won.  

The loss is unforgiveable.  We can always expect other teams will count on Tito's simple ways and use that well known information against the Red Sox.  It is as sure as the sun having spots or the moon causing eclipses.

I'm going back to my bong now..... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

anyone who has seen TAXI DRIVER should know better than to get TRAVIS BICKLE angry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

To those here who are ready to canonize the squeeze play:

Ya, a great play, an indefensible play - when it works.  And when it doesn't the manager looks like an idiot.

There are a lot of things that can go wrong in a squeeze play.  The hitter can pop the ball up (double play), the hitter can miss the ball completely (runner gets tagged out), the pitch can be so far out of the strike zone that the hitter can't get the bat to it (runner tagged out again) just to name three. 

When any of those happens the team at bat has just given up a runner on third in a close game AND given up one or more outs.

Ya, it works at times.  Is it worth the gamble?  That depends on the situation:  who's running, who's at bat, who's coming up next in the order....

Get a life guys.  Tito knows more about the game than you do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again : Yes there is a squeeze play.  We all get that.  Just because there is doesn't mean it should be used in a particular instance.  The Sox have all the information they need to evaluate whether a squeeze is the right move in a situation.  When is the time you would have called for a squeeze to win a game that the Sox didn't win anyway?  Crawford has a few walkoff hits, JD Drew does have one as well.  A Gon, Papi, and Youk get the runs home when given the situation.  I am failing to remember the glaring instance where squeeze was the call and the Sox ended up losing.

Jim, I guess I don't watch the games the same way you do. There have been many occasions the Sox could have pushed across a much needed run, especially on those not so rare days when the team is batting 1-15 with runners in scoring position, with a squeeze. It's not even the squeeze itself, it's the threat of a squeeze which the defense has to account for that may have them slightly out of position so the routine grounder may get through for a game winning hit. I understand this team is built for getting on base, not giving up outs, and that is why Theo and the FO Don't want Tito making to many decisions but, when the team is struggling to score, DO SOMETHING other then swallow seeds, chew gum, and spit!!  Furthermore, I'm happy you Love Francona. Really, I am !! I just letting you know that I'll probably respond each time you feel the need to pat him on the back, with these "Feel Good" attempt threads, with similar comments I have already made, that I really don't care to much for his in game managing but, it is what it is and I understand all the complaining I do about his decision making, isn't making The Red Sox Decision makers, make any decisions, based on what I print !! I get it, maybe you should too !! Maybe you scored those front row seats next to the "Manager" you been Typing so hard for and this is your way of thanking him ??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think it's so funny that people want the Sox to do squeeze plays.

THE SOX HAVE THE BEST RECORD IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE.

The Red Sox lead the league in Hits, Batting Average, RBIs, Run Scored, OBP, Slugging pct, every frigging offensive category, and people think Tito is a bad manager because the Sox don't squeeze.

They don't squeeze, but they do go back to back to back on home runs.  They don't squeeze, but they out score all the teams that do squeeze.

I tell you what, as long as they lead league in Runs Scored, RBIs, and most importantly, in wins and losses, they don't have to squeeze.

He's a bad manager because even though they are the best offensive team in the AL, they don't squeeze.

If he called more squeezes but were in last place, would that make him a better manager?  You want to see squeeze plays - watch Pittsburg.

The Sox don't squeeze?  They don't lose either. 

So lets criticize the manager because they lose the occassional game 1-0 because the opposing team's pitcher is on fire, but lets not give the manager any credit when they out score teams by 5, 6 runs.

Too funny. 

If only the Sox would squeeze, they'd be even better then the best team in the AL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is Time for the Tito Bashers to Step Forward Again :  Jim, I guess I don't watch the games the same way you do. There have been many occasions the Sox could have pushed across a much needed run, especially on those not so rare days when the team is batting 1-15 with runners in scoring position, with a squeeze. It's not even the squeeze itself, it's the threat of a squeeze which the defense has to account for that may have them slightly out of position so the routine grounder may get through for a game winning hit. I understand this team is built for getting on base, not giving up outs, and that is why Theo and the FO Don't want Tito making to many decisions but, when the team is struggling to score, DO SOMETHING other then swallow seeds, chew gum, and spit!!  Furthermore, I'm happy you Love Francona. Really, I am !! I just letting you know that I'll probably respond each time you feel the need to pat him on the back, with these "Feel Good" attempt threads, with similar comments I have already made, that I really don't care to much for his in game managing but, it is what it is and I understand all the complaining I do about his decision making, isn't making The Red Sox Decision makers, make any decisions, based on what I print !! I get it, maybe you should too !! Maybe you scored those front row seats next to the "Manager" you been Typing so hard for and this is your way of thanking him ??

Not a feel good attempt thread.  I know Tito will get bashed no matter what as the haters have set it up so they can't lose the argument.  If the Sox win it is despite, if the Sox lose it is Tito's fault.  If they win the World Series, they should have and if they lose, he blew it.  Tito knows this and handles it perfectly.  He is the perfect manager for this team at this time.  I am sure the front office is on the same page with not squeezing or they would tell him to work that into the game plan.  So they are either asleep at the switch or they don't care for the squeeze.  I can take it or leave it.  I guess I'm just more positive than most.  A runner on first IS in scoring position on this team.  I'll take my chances without the squeeze.

Also, what is this talk about front row seats?  I sit in my living room in NJ and watch the Sox on TV.  I get to Baltimore once a year and maybe Fenway on my own dime x 4 with a family.  Are there some free tix that I'm missing out on?