IT is TIME to put Crawford number 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: IT is TIME to put Crawford number 2

Lots of good points, and it's pretty much unanimous that he doesn't belong at 7th and that is what is so frustrating about management: they don't see the obvious.  9th against lefties and 2nd against righties is the way I'd go, but there are some persuasive arguments for 3rd above.  Seems obvious again the 2 speed merchants should be next to each other in the line-up with the potential of giving the opposition fits  that's why I say 9th or 2nd.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: IT is TIME to put Crawford number 2:
    [QUOTE]He should be in the 9 spot, the 7 spot is no-mans lans in the order. Even while struggling the 9 spot would have allowed Carl to combine with Elles. Strange he never batted 9th all year.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

i agree, 9 spot or 2 spot seem to at least put him in a position to be productive. In the 9 spot if both him and Ellsbury are hitting, it's going to produce a run, same with 2 spot. 7th spot? sandwich him between Varitek and Reddick, it's like being stuck in a black hole or like being in a reverse Oreo cookie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think if they had moved the lounge chairs a few feet to the right, the Titanic would not have hit that iceberg. Seriously , it is too late now to tinker with the lineup. Personally , I think Pedroia should be hitting second every night. When Ellsbury and Pedey are hitting well , back to back , it triggers the offense. Why keep moving Pedey all over the place?  Last night, he was hitting fifth.  The whole thing just smacks of panic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

[QUOTE]I think if they had moved the lounge chairs a few feet to the right, the Titanic would not have hit that iceberg. Seriously , it is too late now to tinker with the lineup. Personally , I think Pedroia should be hitting second every night. When Ellsbury and Pedey are hitting well , back to back , it triggers the offense. Why keep moving Pedey all over the place?  Last night, he was hitting fifth.  The whole thing just smacks of panic.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

what it truly smacks of is pathetic pitching. change the line-up all you want, but the SOX better come up with more than 7 or 8 runs a game because the starting pitching and bullpen are, right now, the worst in baseball.
    the SOX will be kicked in the balls by the YANK-EMS   starting tomorrow, and then be castrated by baltimore right after that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spider-man. Show spider-man's posts

He should have been in the #2 spot all year. With Ells leading off , that's a lot of base stealing, causing headaches for opposing pitchers. He can also hit, and Tito has messed big-time with C's confidence. This, and the obvious lack of good starting pitchers, is why the R.S. are so pathetic!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

[QUOTE]He should have been in the #2 spot all year. With Ells leading off , that's a lot of base stealing, causing headaches for opposing pitchers. He can also hit, and Tito has messed big-time with C's confidence. This, and the obvious lack of good starting pitchers, is why the R.S. are so pathetic!
    Posted by spider-man[/QUOTE]

you lost me on 'CRAWFUL can also hit.'

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford batting like 7th against LH's when was w/ the Rays - the Rays - you know - no Ellsbury, no Ortiz, No Agone, No Youk...No Pedey...etc etc....and he still only hit 7th.....Hmmm...do you think Maddon knew something that Epstein and Francona did not?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

YES!  A .697 OPS vs LHPs was one of the best on the team for a few years. Here, it should mean bench time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]I think if they had moved the lounge chairs a few feet to the right, the Titanic would not have hit that iceberg. Seriously , it is too late now to tinker with the lineup. Personally , I think Pedroia should be hitting second every night. When Ellsbury and Pedey are hitting well , back to back , it triggers the offense. Why keep moving Pedey all over the place?  Last night, he was hitting fifth.  The whole thing just smacks of panic.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

What would tinkering with the line-up do? Make them loose even more than they already are? Tinkering may just be the jolt that wakes the team up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmitaly. Show lmitaly's posts

IIn Response to Re: IT is TIME to put Crawford number 2:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IT is TIME to put Crawford number 2 : YES!  A .697 OPS vs LHPs was one of the best on the team for a few years. Here, it should mean bench time.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

It's all about the pitching in the last month.... can't win games when the starters
    ERA is above 6... bottom line

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I am sorry but are there some people here who are suggesting Carl Crawford should be batting 3rd?

Please tell me I am reading that wrong.

Please?

For the love of all things sacred, I am begging you to please tell me that I misread that!!!!!!