IT is TIME to put Crawford number 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

IT is TIME to put Crawford number 2

Ok. Enough already of  the Crawford experiment batting 7. He needs to be number 2. Get it done Francona. He needs to start being able to use his speed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: IT is TIME to put Crawford number 2

He should be in the 9 spot, the 7 spot is no-mans lans in the order. Even while struggling the 9 spot would have allowed Carl to combine with Elles. Strange he never batted 9th all year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

9th vs Righties

10th vs Lefties

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The way he's hitting now...yes he could hit second, but never against LHP.

although I also agree with Burrito....if he's going to bat in the bottom third why not at least put him 9th in front of Ellsbury

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

I love Remy having the big O just because Crawful is 3-3 against the worst team in MLB.
    Why don't he and Mr. pitch Count put on pom poms for the guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: IT is TIME to put Crawford number 2:
    I love Remy having the big O just because Crawful is 3-3 against the worst team in MLB. Why don't he and Mr. pitch Count put on pom poms for the guy.
    Posted by tbrod

How can Crawford get AB's against his own team?

In case you missed it, the O's OWN our butts....if you thought this week was bad, just wait until NEXT week down in Baltimore.

Good for Buck.  Sox were too complacent, fat and lazy,  have been the 1980's yankees and are getting what they deserve.  Hey, it sucks but it's true.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

9th vs Righties 10th vs Lefties
    Posted by andrewmitch

That's what I've been saying since March.

Scutaro should be batting 2nd.

His last 106 PAs:
    BA .366
    OBP .402

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

crawful is a #2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: IT is TIME to put Crawford number 2 : That's what I've been saying since March. Scutaro should be batting 2nd. His last 106 PAs: BA .366 OBP .402
    Posted by moonslav59

True...In fact, Scut could hit lead off, Jake 3rd

Scut, Aviles, Jake, Ortiz, Gonzo (I like the idea of Gonzo protecting Ortiz and these 3 lefties in a row can handle lefties), Pedey, Reddick, Salty, Crawford - but that doesn't look good enough either

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You guys are insane. Scutaro should be batting 6th or 7th. Crawford bats 9th... why the hell hasn't Tito even tried to have him go 9th?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Scut's been hot and w/o Youk the line up ain't gonna be pretty either way

Why not 9th? That's just Francona being Francona.  He refused to move Millar down in the order in 2005, Drew never batted 9th in 2007, 2010, or in 2011, and now we have Crawford who is worse than all of them.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Crawford in the 9th position can only help Ells since they can let him use his speed to steal and then create a run in somewhat small ball fashion.  Crawford and Ells in tandem would go a long way to setting up the big bats too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to IT is TIME to put Crawford number 2:
    Ok. Enough already of  the Crawford experiment batting 7. He needs to be number 2. Get it done Francona. He needs to start being able to use his speed.
    Posted by antiqueman1
    HOW ABOUT GETTING HIM TO STAND IN THE BATTERS BOX FIRST......  DO WE HAVE A BATTING COACH ON THIS TEAM ???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to IT is TIME to put Crawford number 2 : HOW ABOUT GETTING HIM TO STAND IN THE BATTERS BOX FIRST......  DO WE HAVE A BATTING COACH ON THIS TEAM ???
    Posted by Bill-806

Bill normally I can agree with you but this is the same stance that he has used for his career. BTW yes his stance is wide open but watch when the pitcher starts his wind up the foot comes back in and back towards home plate. Watch the sequence of pitches to CC maybe 1 per AB is inside everything else away. Because of this I think he tried to do too much with little to work with.

I have said since early on he is better suited for batting 3rd. Where he will see far more better pitches to hit. Just like Jake does with Pedroia and Pedroia with Agon and Agon with Ortiz or now Scutaro with Jake behind him. Scutaro saw little to hit until all teams started pitching away from Jake.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Crawford in the 9th position can only help Ells since they can let him use his speed to steal and then create a run in somewhat small ball fashion.  Crawford and Ells in tandem would go a long way to setting up the big bats too.
    Posted by traven

One small problem.  Wouldn't Crawful have to get on base in order for that scenario to work?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You don't think Crawford sees pitches to hit?

Is there a pitcher in all of baseball who would want to walk him?  He's got an OBP of 290 and if you walk him (odds are about 1,000 to 1) he could easily be standing on second.  No way.  He's getting plenty of pitches to hit........the problem is he played for a contract last year, got his money, and is no longer happy playing baseball..........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

You don't think Crawford sees pitches to hit? Is there a pitcher in all of baseball who would want to walk him?  He's got an OBP of 290 and if you walk him (odds are about 1,000 to 1) he could easily be standing on second.  No way.  He's getting plenty of pitches to hit........the problem is he played for a contract last year, got his money, and is no longer happy playing baseball..........
    Posted by andrewmitch

Watch his ABs. He sees few good middle to inside pitches. He is not seeing good pitches because he has no protection behind him. He did not play for a contract last year since he had been playing/hitting at the same level since 2004.
    Ave, hits etc.....
    BTW just for a little perspective if CC had 10 more its he'd be at 280 with 20 he'd be at 301. IMHO batting 3rd he'd have better numbers.
    Same reason Scutaro is hitting better since the AS game 322 vs 250 before. He is seeing better pitches because NO one wants to face Jake.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

I agree 100%, Craw should bat 2nd.   Put all the speed in front of the slow HR mashers, it is time to give it a go.  Madden would already be doing this. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

2 days ago, people were saying that Crawford was a bum.  He goes 3 for 4 and almost hits for the cycle and now he should be put in the 2 slot.  yeeesh.

The Sox Pitching gave up 6 runs yesterday.  If the offense needs to score 7 runs everynight to win, then the problem isn't the offense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

9th is not a bad idea. He needs to be moved out of that 7th slot regardless. But it all might be too late now. The pitching staff is bismal. The Sox can't keep a lead let alone prevent being in the hole early by 4 or 5 runs. This series against the Yanks might be the door shutting on the Sox. Amazing the Sox lead the series 11-4 against the Yanks but all for not. In the end, the Yanks are the team to beat right now in the east.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

You guys are insane. Scutaro should be batting 6th or 7th. Crawford bats 9th... why the hell hasn't Tito even tried to have him go 9th?
    Posted by BurritoT

because DUMBTHEO told 'COMA not to bat CRAWFUL 9th. it's embarrassing enough to have the 140 million dollar bust batting 7th.

btw, crawful may be the most expensive bust since dolly parton.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

2 days ago, people were saying that Crawford was a bum.  He goes 3 for 4 and almost hits for the cycle and now he should be put in the 2 slot.  yeeesh. The Sox Pitching gave up 6 runs yesterday.  If the offense needs to score 7 runs everynight to win, then the problem isn't the offense.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

For the record, I have never said Crawford is a bum. He is having a bad year, obviously, but he is not a bum. My post has nothing to do with him going 3 for 4. Apparently the seven slot is not doing him any good and has not all year. So, why not move him? Simple. We can see that other like Pedrioa can handle any spot in lineup. Scut too. Time to shake up this lineup up. And it goes without saying the pitcher staff is a mess.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Crawford had some great years with Tampa batting second. Every chance Francona had to put him in his favorite position, he completely ignored him. Yes I love Ellsbury and Pedroia one and two, but for some reason when Youk or Ortiz are out, the only batter Francona can find is Pedroia. Why has he never used Crawford batting second during these periods to try and get his confidence going? This manager can cost us a playoff and even a World Series this year. Felix Doubront started a few qood games in the past and should have pitched on Sept. 15 in place of Weiland, but Tito runs the club.
    Robert, Miramar Beach Fla.

Nick Cafardo:
    I agree with batting Crawford second. Why not return him to his comfort zone, especially with Youkilis out and Pedroia batting cleanup? I disagree on Doubront. He’s done nothing to deserve earning a start, including not having a very good Triple A year. At least Weiland pitched well at Triple A.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Crawford batting like 7th against LH's when was w/ the Rays - the Rays - you know - no Ellsbury, no Ortiz, No Agone, No Youk...No Pedey...etc etc....and he still only hit 7th.....Hmmm...do you think Maddon knew something that Epstein and Francona did not?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I'd rathers see him at 3, but 2 will do for a start. I;d like to see him and Ellsbury have some space beteen them.

Also. Ellsbury's not going to spend his career as a lead-off hitter, if his numbers are going to be .300, 30 and 100. No way, so might as well start now, and get him into the 3 hole.

Sections
Shortcuts