It starts with the overrated, entitled starting rotation........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

It starts with the overrated, entitled starting rotation........

When was the last time you saw Lester, beckett, bucholtz knock a batter off the plate ????   It's  BP up there, every day !!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: It starts with the overrated, entitled starting rotation........

Hey I would leave Lester out of this conversation.  It's about Beckett and Buchholz this year.  True front end starters don't give up 7ER in under 4 IP.  The Sox can't afford to have to fight through this crap again this year.  It helps having Lackey out of the picture but the bottom line is that this team needs more quality starts and more 7 inning games from their starters... especially seeing as how the bullpen took several steps back this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

The whole staff should have been sacked in the offseason minus Lester. Buchholz looks like he's on meth. What little Bulk he had last year is gone. It's over. You can build a team around a couple of good starters but we don't have even that. Maybe Crawford can close.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Theo left us with this mess of a team.  He knows how to get a team to the top but couldn't keep it there and left a royal mess for his understudy to try and clean up. It all does start with pitching as you have said here.  We have some entitled starters it seems.  Lets see how the back end of hte rotation pitches.  I still to this day don't know why Bard is the rotation.  You can't waste years in professional baseball with experimenting.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: It starts with the overrated, entitled starting rotation........:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Killer is - the Stooges were paid peanuts considering their worth to the studios.  Our "big" three are being paid a kings randsom for delivering ugly babies!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: It starts with the overrated, entitled starting rotation........:
    [QUOTE]Hey I would leave Lester out of this conversation.  It's about Beckett and Buchholz this year.  True front end starters don't give up 7ER in under 4 IP.  Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Sure they do -- especially sometimes in their first start. However, true front end starters limit those types of blips. It's rare when an ace doesn't have at least one blow-up out of 33 starts and often they have two or three like that during the season. So let's see what they do the next time out.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The minute Lackey walked into Spring Training 2 years ago, & some a h o le dubbed Beckett, Lackey, & Lester "The Three Horsemen," I said there was trouble coming! More like the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse (Adding Dice K)!!! Besides the FACT that Lackey s u c k ed, these 3 were parading around like peacocks!  Buch & Dice K were thankfully too stupid to really get that swagger on, but it clearly INFECTED the entire rotation!  The multitudes of MORONS here, on this site, who have continued to call our pitching the best in MLB, is STAGGERING!  It is absolutely true that our starters have been hamstrung by out of control, raging, blind pride, BUT MOREOVER by a startling lack of talent.  Injury or not, Lackey is a complete and total bust from the word go!  Dice K has the injury, plus character problems, i.e. blowing arm out in the WBC, then lying about it, over & over again.  Buch????  Perhaps it is simply his brains & make up?  Beckett???  Huge EGO!  Waning talent!  Character issues!  Can't stand a guy who continually handicaps himself right before a game, stinks up the joint, then knowingly lets unsuspecting schmucks take up his defense due to the "injury!"  This Texas tough guy is NOW ALL HAT & no cattle!  I NEVER thought I wanted to see Dice K again, but these guys have me hoping for a quick return????

Having said that.....   Lester will have a big year!  He understands that these j arssses got him off his game!  Buch will get it together & be a decent #3.  Dubront shows a lot of promise!!!   Bard????  If he does start, should be a very good #5.  More likely that Aceves moves to the starting rotation, & Bard to the closer.......  SOON!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Step up if you said Beckett, Lester, & LACKEY were the best 1 - 3 in baseball, at ANY TIME during the past 2 years???

Who's gonna sack up?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Bill,

Explain what is wrong with Lester.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

or that Dice K, Buch, LACKEY, Beckett, or Lester (I don't really include him in this) constituted "THE BEST pitching in MLB?????"

Man up!  We've seen your posts anyway!!!

Any Boston fan who didn't know that Dice K & Lackey were total jokes 2 years ago have their heads up their arssses!

OK..... Done venting :)

I am optimistic about Dubront, Lester, Bard, & Buchholtz!  Beckett's out of control pride may be the only thing that saves him?!?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Theo left us with this mess of a team.  He knows how to get a team to the top but couldn't keep it there and left a royal mess for his understudy to try and clean up. It all does start with pitching as you have said here.  We have some entitled starters it seems.  Lets see how the back end of hte rotation pitches.  I still to this day don't know why Bard is the rotation.  You can't waste years in professional baseball with experimenting.  
    Posted by Mchampion[/QUOTE]As Dad would say...... "Son, thats a BINGO, MCHAMP knows his baseball" !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Bill, Explain what is wrong with Lester.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]Your right Joebreedy.... Lester did have a GREAT 1st game. However, go back to the question, when was the last time Lester has kept the hitters off the plate !!!!