It was never as good as it looked, & it's not.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

It was never as good as it looked, & it's not.....

as BAD as it looks right now!

These Red Sox will bounce back & go on another run.  It's going to be up & down all season long, but I'm convinced we will compete 'til the end.

On the BRIGHT SIDE!  :) 

BRUINS doing a great job of easing the current RS PAIN!  :)

GO B's !!!!!!!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: It was never as good as it looked, & it's not.....

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

That is the eternal pain of a Sox fan though.... back and forth, up and down, ever so close, never winning the title. The two recent WSC aside it doesn't take long to feel like we did prior to 2004.

Not that I like it, but it's sort of like coming home after being gone for a decade.  Something comforting in that painful familiarity???

Or not :(

We'll bounce back & go on a run!  No real stars on this team, which I definitely like, but it's time for a few to really step it up and carry this team.  Naps has been the plow horse, which he was never expected to be.

Time for some of these guys to STEP UP!

Ells!  It's past time, especially if he wants that big contract!

Middy.  Time to pull his head out!  Let's pray he is not simply ALL ATHLETICISM & no brains! 

Doubs??  This kid has got to get his head on straight!

Lots of pressure on Buch & Lester!  Gotta keep it rolling!

Is Ells an impact player or not??!!  Time to put up or......  He had better get it rolling SOON!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Don't worry about Ellsbury next season.  Wih Bora$$ as his agent, they'll never give him the bucks that he asks.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Dempster averaging 6.14 innings per start.  More lies from Stiffy.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

81-81 would be a nice season

i said it before and will say it again

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

That is the eternal pain of a Sox fan though.... back and forth, up and down, ever so close, never winning the title. The two recent WSC aside it doesn't take long to feel like we did prior to 2004.

It's the pain of just about any baseball fan.  162 games, guaranteed to lose at least 60-70 of them.  Just be glad we won those two titles.  Otherwise the pain would be incredible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

These Red Sox will bounce back & go on another run.  It's going to be up & down all season long, but I'm convinced we will compete 'til the end.

GO B's !!!!!!!!!!

Not unless they make some changes !!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

This team is weak in the middle, unless Middlebrooks re-emerges. It's not good defensively, and Lackey and Dumpster at 30 million a year aren't good enough to keep from wearing out the pen.

This team will be lucky to make the playoffs, and has no chance to contend for a title. One or two playoff wins would be a minor miracle.

Oh so Dempster is guilty of wearing-out the pen? Dude, if you're not gonna watch the games, atleast read the box scores. 

It's good to see you think this team will be lucky enough to make the post season. Thats the spirit!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

This team is weak in the middle, unless Middlebrooks re-emerges. It's not good defensively, and Lackey and Dumpster at 30 million a year aren't good enough to keep from wearing out the pen.

This team will be lucky to make the playoffs, and has no chance to contend for a title. One or two playoff wins would be a minor miracle.

Oh so Dempster is guilty of wearing-out the pen? Dude, if you're not gonna watch the games, atleast read the box scores. 

It's good to see you think this team will be lucky enough to make the post season. Thats the spirit!

If he read the box scores he might rethink his "weak in the middle" nonsense as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

GO B's !!!!!!!!!!

Agree, just a little slump right now is all.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Why is it good to have " no real stars"  on the team ?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

softlaw, you make some good points about the ineffectiveness of Dempster.  So let me add a few more.  He has yet to get through a start without giving up hits and walks.  He started 7 games, but has only won 2.  He isn't going to be on the AL All-Star team.  His grandmother wears combat boots. 

In other words, I disagree.  Dempster had been fine so far and in fact better than Lester, who has also been fine so far.  And I think Lackey will be too, and Buchholz is already more than fine.  That's four decent starters.  Of course, if they could just talk Wakefield into coming back--he's still under 50, I think--they would have four decent starters and a superstar. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Yes Dempster who averages more than 6 innings a start is going to kill the bullpen...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

GO B's !!!!!!!!!!

As bad as it looks right now, its only going to get worse. I agree with Georom: an 81 win season would be nice-and a big improvement over last year. As long as the FO does what it has to do to compete for a ring in a couple of years that is fine with me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This is for the patronizing "if you watched the games or if you read the box scores"

Dumpster:

2  of 7 starts 5 innings pitches

Has not retired a better in the 7th inning in more than half his starts

Has never retired a batter in the 8th inning in any of the 7 starts

It's early in a season that hasn't balanced out, which will expose the soft bellied reject, Dumpster.

Combine that with Lackey, which is where Red Sox managment put the majority of their starting pitching. It's loser city. 

List ever starter who averages 7 innings?  You have moved the goal post to the extreme with Dempster just to be find faults with him. Last year you said the pitching was fine. Now that Dempster has been pitching well and not getting run support, the pitching isn't fine. Do you have self respect?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Yes Dempster who averages more than 6 innings a start is going to kill the bullpen...

Right now it appears that Dempster was a very good pickup. Its hard to imagine why anyone would think otherwise, given his statistics (2.93/1.093). And its only for two years. His performance to date has exceeded expectations.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

GO B's !!!!!!!!!!

As bad as it looks right now, its only going to get worse. I agree with Georom: an 81 win season would be nice-and a big improvement over last year. As long as the FO does what it has to do to compete for a ring in a couple of years that is fine with me.

81 wins, you have really gave up on rational though lately. This team is clearly a 90 something win team with the pitching.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

And I think Lackey will be too

I don't think so, and grandmothers who wear combat boots are now wearing "welfare" boots.

Average innings per start means almost nothing. It's the individual game logs. Dumpster has yet to retire a better in the 8th inning, and hasn't retired a batter in the 7th inning in 4 out of 7 starts. He's paid to be a #2 starter, but he's a #2 waste product.

Is it YOUR money Softy? Look at his stats: his ERA is 2.93 and he is a #3 SP, not a #2-unless you rank Lester or Bucky behind him. Admit it: he has exceeded expectations so far.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts