It's a little unfair....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

It's a little unfair....

to ask which Red Sox is your favorite,  IMO.

Obviously I like Yaz, but there are soooo many others.  If I were to say I liked Roger Moret, and I did, that might sound crazy when we have Rice, Lynn, Nomah, Schilling (A Timmy Thomas kinda hero), Pedro ... or some early faves like Rico Petrocelli ... or Reggie Smith.  One of Dad's was Boomer, George Scott.  How do we not like Spaceman or Oil Can Boyd or Eck or Lonborg and El Tiante.  I loved Tony Perez ...and that old 1B from SF Giants (brain freeze, sheeees).  Fisk, Tony C, even Sparky Lyle before he was traded (still bugs me) to the NYucks, Bruce Hurst, the Gator, Blyleven ....

Well, the good wife is calling, so off I go....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Re: It's a little unfair....

Cepeda?  Loved watching him hit.  He'd hit the wall quicker than anyone, and only end up with a single, as his legs were gone.

How about Marichal?  Fun to watch pitch, even if it was his swan song.

UR right, of course.  One favorite?  No.  Many, many favorites, andnew ones coming up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: It's a little unfair....:
    [QUOTE]Cepeda?  Loved watching him hit.  He'd hit the wall quicker than anyone, and only end up with a single, as his legs were gone. How about Marichal?  Fun to watch pitch, even if it was his swan song. UR right, of course.  One favorite?  No.  Many, many favorites, andnew ones coming up.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

Marichal was fun to watch. Never could figure out how he got the ball over the plate with the high kick wind up. Of the same era was Sandy Koufax. Just imagine what career number he would have put up if he didn't have severe arthritis and retire so early. Like Pedro he was absolutely unhittable for a few great years.

Hetchinspete

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

YOUR GOING TO SEE (WE ALREADY ARE) THAT THE "LOVE AFAIR" WITH ADRIAN GONZO WILL BE HUGH !!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

I always liked Marty Barrett.  And for the silliest of reasons:  He could really bunt. 

I mean, he made it look easy.  

I never realized he led the league in sacrificing until just now when I looked it up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_Barrett_(second_baseman)#Major_League_career

But he did it for 3 years 86-88.  

Way to go, kid. 

-Daf. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

come on yaz stop your whining and pick one

George Boomer Scott  or Joe Foy worked for me when I was a kid

but I'm thinking you might be a closet ken  harrelson fan

how come no one ever admits to being a hawk fan ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I confess to being a Hawk fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

If I can take Manny's early years, and put them in a vacuum...he was the most fun to watch. From his terrorizing pitchers, to his goofiness in the OF that we all loved, and the childlike fun he always had. Yes things went bad in a hurry, but those early years were the most fun I've had watching any player on the diamond.

High fiving the fan in the OF.

Water bottle in his back pocket in LF.

Sitting next to Schill, making fun of his notes.

His first game against the Yanks, game winning single off Rivera.

500+ foot blast in Toronto, beyond the Joe Carter circle in the 3rd deck.

The many instances of hiding in the wall.

Whenever he came up with RISP, I almost expected them to come in.

Helping tie Pedro to the pole in the dugout.

Yes, he burned those bridges, I wouldn't ever welcome him back in the future because of how he handled things on the way out. But as far as pure enjoyment while watching a game? Manny takes the cake, what a fall from grace he's had. I doubt he gets into the HOF, which is a sad and fitting end to his career. He and Rafael Palmeiro should be the poster children of PEDs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I always liked Marty Barrett.  And for the silliest of reasons:  He could really bunt.  I mean, he made it look easy.   I never realized he led the league in sacrificing until just now when I looked it up:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_Barrett_(second_baseman)#Major_League_career But he did it for 3 years 86-88.   Way to go, kid.  -Daf. 
    Posted by DaffyDan[/QUOTE]
    Oh absolutely!! One of the more underrated Sox players in history. One of the catalysts of the '86 run.

Can't believe nobody has said Dwight Evans yet! Definitely my favorite.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]come on yaz stop your whining and pick one  George Boomer Scott  or Joe Foy worked for me when I was a kid but I'm thinking you might be a closet ken  harrelson fan how come no one ever admits to being a hawk fan ;-)
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]I liked Hawk, not so much as a broadcaster. My favorite though, has to be Big Papi.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's a little unfair.... : Oh absolutely!! One of the more underrated Sox players in history. One of the catalysts of the '86 run. Can't believe nobody has said Dwight Evans yet! Definitely my favorite.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I loved Dewey too.  

My mom loved his butt. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

'75 Sox
    Dwight Evans
    Denny Doyle
    Carl Yastrzemski
    Carlton Fisk
    Fred Lynn
    Rico Petrocelli
    Rick Burleson
    Cecil Cooper
    Luis Tiant
    Bill Lee
    Rick Wise
    Jim Rice
    Bernie Carbo...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronho. Show ronho's posts

Tom Umphlett, if only for the name!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to It's a little unfair....:
    [QUOTE]to ask which Red Sox is your favorite,  IMO. Obviously I like Yaz, but there are soooo many others.  If I were to say I liked Roger Moret, and I did, that might sound crazy when we have Rice, Lynn, Nomah, Schilling (A Timmy Thomas kinda hero), Pedro ... or some early faves like Rico Petrocelli ... or Reggie Smith.  One of Dad's was Boomer, George Scott.  How do we not like Spaceman or Oil Can Boyd or Eck or Lonborg and El Tiante.  I loved Tony Perez ...and that old 1B from SF Giants (brain freeze, sheeees).  Fisk, Tony C, even Sparky Lyle before he was traded (still bugs me) to the NYucks, Bruce Hurst, the Gator, Blyleven ....    Well, the good wife is calling, so off I go....

Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Can't believe you left out culberson, buckner, schiraldi and torrez!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Joe Torre, 2004.

Whoops, sorry, forgot you said Red Sox

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Oh, I didn't finish the list ...  :o)

Like I said wife called and we got ready to go to Philly ....

I knew some would say Dewey.  I did not realize how many loved him until I got on line. 

I did love to watch Manny.  Heart breaking.  I was naive enough to believe he and the Rocket, another former favorite, were really all about the purity of the game and hard work.  Silly me.

Pedro was so much fun to watch, pitching or otherwise.

Boggs ... I loved Wade Boggs.  Hated it when they let him go.

Sheees.  So many from the past.

AND

Almost a WHOLE TEAM of great guys now ....

It's so great to be a Sox fan!!!

Lucky us!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Yes, Par ... Cepeda.   That was right ... the longest singles ever!  :o)

Thanks!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hawk Harrelson ... I liked him.  I got tired of his overt affection for golf over baseball ... at least by the time he got to Boston.  He did take a little of the weight off Yaz in the limelight, which I think I appreciated. 

But he's a boor as a baseball sportscaster.