It's almost time for Theo to go shopping for 2012 free agents. Who do you want?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Re: It's almost time for Theo to go shopping for 2012 free agents. Who do you want?

Moon, didn't you have that list in ten other threads?
    Seriously, Willingham can't play RF. He's a LF-DH. We have our LF for life, and a million DH possibilities in house. You just have myopia when it comes to getting right handed power on a everyday basis.

Remember, you are dealing with a mind who considers Wakefield an abover average fielder.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

Re: It's almost time for Theo to go shopping for 2012 free agents. Who do you want?

In Response to Re: It's almost time for Theo to go shopping for 2012 free agents. Who do you want?:
    Scutaro
    Posted by bald-predictions

what's up BP, tough one tonight, but tomorrow is a new day and a victory for the sox.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

Wakefield and Varitek to retire.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

I hope you have a source. Would help this team to try and win for two old washed up veterans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: It's almost time for Theo to go shopping for 2012 free agents. Who do you want?:
    Abreu doesn't even play the field in LA! He's a DH. Sure, let's let him roam the RF at Fenway and he can be the third starting left handed hitting OF. Jason Kubel, ANOTHER left handed hitting OF, who doesn't even play RF! Let's start looking for a left handed hitting 3rd baseman to replace Youk, while we're at it, and a left handed hitting 2nd baseman to replace Pedroia, too. God, does anyone get it?
    Posted by tbrod

For some reason I thought Kubel was a righty thats why I had him paired with Kalish.  I dont wanna say it was a type O but I want a righty.  Cuddyer maybe? With Kalish.  Although Cuddyer will likely get a huge raise.  Definitely need a righty/lefty combo with Kalish.

Reason I want Wright is b/c I would consider moving Youk to DH. I think his fielding days are wearing down. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Love Wright. Wonder what it would take? Needs a change of scenery and get away from Citifield death trap.
    Don't want a platoon RF. A righty would only get 20% of the at bats. I sure as hell don't want Reddick or "Jed" Kalish getting 80% of the at bats.
    Forget the free agent list. Theo or his successor needs to make a trade, in order to get a real player in his prime. Justin Upton would have been perfect, but no way D-Backs trade him now. Pence is tearing it up in a real lineup, and would have been ideal. Just think, Houston gave Philly money in that trade.
    In retrospect, JJ Hardy was available for the last two years. He could have been had for a song. 29 homers and good glove at SS would have looked nice in Boston.
    Should be an interesting off season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Save this thread for the dark, gloomy days of November when you have nothing else to do but watch Jerry Springer?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

As opposed to dark gloomy days in September, when there's nothing to watch except the Sox collapsing?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

As opposed to dark gloomy days in September, when there's nothing to watch except the Sox collapsing?
    Posted by tbrod

For those who love to bi-tch and be gloomy  every day, the month of the year doesn't matter. Ask Andrewmitch.They live to be bad fans, much like you. Go out and get a good Italian meal to celebrate this horrible slump. The Chianti is on me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I want anyone but Theo to do the shopping. 

Lackey, Crawford, Drew and Cameron will make 10 million more than the entire TB payroll this year.  L to the O to the L!!!!  

NO MORE THEO FA SIGNINGS.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

You know what will happen from the backlash.  They will circle the wagons and do the opposite.  They probably won't do much in the FA market.  Just a hunch.  I would guess they will explore trades.  On another note there is none much better than Ellsbury.  Would be an outcry if he walks and we have to fall back on Crawford.  Every effort must be made to keep him.  Funny how fortunes change.  A year ago the outcry was to ship him out, now look at him.  I guess I would expect the same from several of our other players.  Youk will bounce back.  Buchholtz. 

I think the only thing they really need to explore is a Right Fielder.  Very Important in Fenway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Id try to sell a trade of Lackey for Zito...get JL back to Cali where there less pressure, a trade of 2 bad contracts and 2 new scenery. Might work?

I like Kubel but, LH... nope.

Maybe Werth and his contract are available now that Morse is hitting tons of HRs?

Even if lackey is the expensive #5, gotta get one more SP.

I can't imagine Paps staying.  And last year Soria couldnt find a job.  Ells is gone too, so they have to keep CC.

Really need a major league catcher.

Abreu? Ew, he had 4 HRs into August.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I bet they go for a starter.  Maybe Mark Buehrle if the price is right.  Other than that.  RF will be filled by the farm or a cheap stop gap.  If Scutaro isn't back, I see Lowrie, Iglesias and Aviles splitting time.  They may pick up a cheap OF'er to replace McDonald. 

Sections
Shortcuts