It's early May, but 2 Major Problems That Need a Correction, ASAP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

It's early May, but 2 Major Problems That Need a Correction, ASAP

15.25 Million ERA 8.01 WHIP 1.8

20 million BA .218  OBP .255 SLG .303

Lackey and Crawford are past the need for a friendly reminder. One morth or not, these two players need to be told to step it up or find a place on the zero confidence DL and rehab.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Re: It's early May, but 2 Major Problems That Need a Correction, ASAP

In Response to It's early May, but 2 Major Problems That Need a Correction, ASAP:
    15.25 Million ERA 8.01 WHIP 1.8 20 million BA .218  OBP .255 SLG .303 Lackey and Crawford are past the need for a friendly reminder. One morth or not, these two players need to be told to step it up or find a place on the zero confidence DL and rehab.
    Posted by majorleague

I'm not going to defend Lackey and Crawford's performance, but why would you exempt Youk and Pedroia from your bashing?  Don't get me wrong.  I'm as big of a Youk and Pedey fan as any Red Sox loyalist should be, but if you're going to bash, bash across the board and fairly.  If you come to your senses, you'll realize that you just can't put half the team on rehab. 

http://youtu.be/5LTPRJqt2z4

Yes, it's frustrating.  Suck it up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: It's early May, but 2 Major Problems That Need a Correction, ASAP:
    In Response to It's early May, but 2 Major Problems That Need a Correction, ASAP : I'm not going to defend Lackey and Crawford's performance, but why would you exempt Youk and Pedroia from your bashing?  Don't get me wrong.  I'm as big of a Youk and Pedey fan as any Red Sox loyalist should be, but if you're going to bash, bash across the board and fairly.  If you come to your senses, you'll realize that you just can't put half the team on rehab.  http://youtu.be/5LTPRJqt2z4 Yes, it's frustrating.  Suck it up.
    Posted by losmediasrojas

Nice jazzy sound!

Also applicable:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdYrtoYAmDc

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: It's early May, but 2 Major Problems That Need a Correction, ASAP:
    In Response to Re: It's early May, but 2 Major Problems That Need a Correction, ASAP : youk has the highest OPS at 3rd  in MLB!!!!
    Posted by tom-uk

Thanks for that info.  I guess I may have been a tad hyperbolic in my post.  Pardon the collective frustration and misplaced anger.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Speaking of which, I wasn't aware of Harv's retirement. Was it self-induced? Or did he have an OBAMA breakdown.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Speaking of which, I wasn't aware of Harv's retirement. Was it self-induced? Or did he have an OBAMA breakdown.
    Posted by harness

Actually, it was kind of sad in a way.  As best he could, he kind of acknowledged his shortcomings as a poster and expressed a lot of self-doubt.  He appeared very human and vulnerable.   It made me feel a bit guilty for busting his balls a time or two. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes it is okay you make fun of him - you being the role model and all.  Your a real champion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

The team needs a slight shake-up before these drastic options. Sox need to go out and make a deal for a "REAL" catcher that they can count on for 6 days a week. This team is built to WIN this year not next or in the next 5 years. I didn't have an issue with Salty and Tek combo going into the season but Salty is just an AAAA player and Tek just can't handle full-time duties any longer. I don't buy into this theory often but this may be a time where the Sox should "over-pay" for what they desperately need. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1) Crawford has hit .333/.360 the last 14 days. I don't see the need to tell him to "step it up".

2) I doubt telling any player to "step it up" will make any difference in their future production.

My two suggestions:

1) Break the paradigms.
           A) This whole L-R-L fixation is way out of hand. Ellsbury hits lefties as well as righties, so Tito should put Ellbury & Crawford back-to back. I'd try Ellsbury-Crawford 1-2 and move Pedey down to 6 or 7 for a bit.
           B) The whole set-slot for each player has failed. Crawford hitting best in the 8 slot should prove to everyone that it's not as big a deal as you guys think it is.

2) Time to DL Lackey and use Aceves or Wake for 3-4 straight starts and see if they can get in a groove. Stop jerking them into different roles.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

TO MOONSLAV...WAKE IS FINISHED.DEAL WITH IT. THERE IS
    NO SITUATION YOU CAN PUT HIM IN WHERE HE WOULDN'T BE
    A LIABILITY. HE SERVES UP HR BALLS AND RUNNERS CAN
    STEAL ON HIM AT WILL. GIVE IT UP ALREADY WITH HIM.
    YES...HE WAS A STAR IN THE PAST....BUT THE PAST IS
    OBVIOUSLY IN OUR REAR VIEW MIRROR NOW, AND WAKE
    NEEDS TO HANG IT UP, OR THE MANAGEMENT SHOULD FORCE
    THE ISSUE. STOP DEFENDING HIM. IT'S OVER. !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The--Babe---1. Show ---The--Babe---1's posts

1) Crawford has hit .333/.360 the last 14 days. I don't see the need to tell him to "step it up". 2) I doubt telling any player to "step it up" will mae any difference in their futureproduction. My two suggestions: 1) Break the paradigms.        A) This whole L-R-L fixation is way out of hand. Ellsbury hits lefties as well as righties, so Tito should put Ellbury & Crawford back-to back. I'dtry Ellsbury-Crawford 1-2 and move Pedey down to 6 or 7 for a bit.        B) The whole set-slot for each player has failed. Crawford hitting best in the 8 slot should prove to everyone that it's not as big a deal as you guys think it is. 2) Time to DL Lackey and use Aceves or Wake for 3-4 straight starts and see if they can get in a groove. Stop jerking them into different roles.

Posted by moonslav59

Time to make up an injury for lackey to put him on the dl like they have done with wheeler and jenks and dice k and beckett in the past?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Youk and Pedroia are performing better than Lackey and Crawford, offensively and defensively, and are paid a lot less.

Crawford's defense is lousy and he's not exactly lighting up the bases when he does get on.

Saying nothing to these two guys, and doing nothing, certainly isn't working. "In your face" has been known to have a positive result on FA prima donnas.

Lackey was brought in to give the pitching staff quality performance depth. He's been a disaster.

Crawford was brought in to give the defense a big boost and give the offense a great all around hitter and run scorer. He's been a total early disaster.

This isn't the 20 game of the season. These two guys need to either get it together or sit on the bench and decide if they are motivated enough to perform professionally.

This team is not "a bunch of idiots". It's a bunch of overpaid prima donnas who need a little verbal reminding that only goes away when they start doing the jobs they were paid to do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Lackey and Crawford are past the need for a friendly reminder. One morth or not, these two players need to be told to step it up or find a place on the zero confidence DL and rehab.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

I thought you were going to say bring back Hall.

Softy I have never bought into it when folks say you are bright.  Why would you insult the woman who is in charge of banning you?  You obviously don't like being banned, hence Majorleague, BBall GM,...

Which SS in on the DL Einstein? As I wrote many times this winter Scutaro has an injury history of his own and he is getting old for SS. 

8BB 40K -33UZR at 2nd!!  -0.7 WAR which is the LOWEST at 2nd base in MLB!

Whose line is that? 

Bill Hall.

14. As MLB.com's Brian McTaggart explains, the Astros will have to clear up roster space when Jeff Keppinger returns from the disabled list. Bill Hall could slide into a utility role, or the Astros could part ways with him. Including the buyout on next year’s mutual option, about $2.5MM remains on Hall’s deal.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe they'll take Jed straight up fo Bill.

(LOL)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

The RS problem began right here in Ft. Myers last March. Most of the fans who paid attention to the early workouts at the Edison Ave complex, were looking for pictures, and something to eat. If they had been looking for something meaningful they wouldn't have found it.

The so-called workouts were a joke. If there were any cut-off drills, etc. they were hidden somewhere.

This can all be traced back to Francona. "The buck stops here", fans. The team is lacking in fundamental concentration. They are veterans. They should not be getting picked off base by grade B pitchers, They should not be allowed to hang around long enough to give up 9 earned runs. Ellsbury and Crawford should not be forced at second b y Pedroia 2 or 3 times a game.

Hopefully, this will change. But I don't think so; not as long as "Daddy" Terry is in charge.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yes it is okay you make fun of him - you being the role model and all.  Your a real champion.
    Posted by BurritoT

Which makes you all the lesser for spewing lies, contaminating Moon's thread, and then aligning URself with cheap press tactics in a weak attempt to pass it off as 'satire'.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

harness, you asked me to forget about softy, and I've pretty much avoided his absurdity since: I'm asking you to let go of the fued with Burrito.

It's turning into a hot tamales...

I'm onna upset your backbone, put your kidneys to sleep
    I'll due to break away your liver and dare your heart to beat bout my
    Hot tamales cause they red hot, yes they got em for sale, I mean
    Yes, she got em for sale, yeah Hot tamales and they're red hot,
    yes she got'em for sale...
    (Robert Johnson)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UTC5-W7fAg&feature=related

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

He can't - as dcater pointed out last year harness goes below the belt, and as soon as cater pointed it out, harness got nasty with him....  call harness a geek and he calls you a blood sucking leech and then brings up bad things about your family or whatever dirt he thinks he has on you - obviously he was picked on one too many times as a kid.

Moon, take a look at what this clown did on UR REALISTIC thread. He employed the same tactics in trying to ruin the CADDY thread. If someone totally mis-represents you, would you just ignore it?

Have you been able to ignore Softy? That is, beyond his recent ban, where he's cooled it for a while. I told Burrito several times, I am no different from anyone else in that I react to the tone of a given post. If he's civil to me, I'll return it.
    If he wants to constantly needle and cry wolf, I'm not going to let him get away with it.

He's the kind that will keep jabbing a needling knife in UR back if you put him on IGGY. You know me well enough to know, I wouldn't react this way unless I was provoked.

BTW: Nice pull on the youtube.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Youk and Pedroia are performing better than Lackey and Crawford, offensively and defensively, and are paid a lot less. 

Crawford is batting .356 over the past 11 games.  What kind of correction are you calling for?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

That is untrue - I barely posted on the CADDY thread.  Though I picked on CERA outside of the thread, I did not enter your thread and demean you and try to make it personal.

Gee wiz harness its obvious you really get seriously lathered up over things like this - I can feel the heat coming off your keyboard over here in Asia. 

Normally I would laugh at you but perhaps you need to see a doctor or go on med's..... I am really sorry if I helped to push you closer to the edge.  I won't do it again.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Today, the Sox are 17-20 4.5 games out
    Last year on this date, the Sox were 18-17 and 6.5 games back.
    In 2009, the Yankees were 15-17, 6.5 games out and they won the division

Those don't mean much, but what the heck. Things have been worse.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No Bull Pen = No Playoffs

That is untrue- I barely posted on the CADDY thread.  Though I picked on CERA outside of the thread, I did not enter your thread and demean you and try to make it personal. Gee wiz harness its obvious you really get seriously lathered up over things like this - I can feel the heat coming off your keyboard over here in Asia.  Normally I would laugh at you but perhaps you need to see a doctor or go on med's..... I am really sorry if I helped to push you closer to the edge.  I won't do it again.
    Posted by BurritoT

Would you like me to expose your half-azz attempts to mock/sabotage the CADDY thread? Are you that blind to your own needling? Instead of trying to understand it, you ridiculed it. And not just on that thread.

As for needing "meds", try facing life sober. You use this board to link yourself back with fellow Americans and baseball memories. Don't blame me because you live with the snakes. It's exemplified here with the clowns you choose here to align yourself with.

You posted lies about any take I ever had on Beckett. Nothing more. It was a way to attack CERA. It  occurred directly after I exposed your statement
    "WE all know a poor catcher will hurt a staff".
    You then tried to pass it off as 'press satire'. Then admitted it could be seen as stupidity. Man up to it and move on.

• Sections
    Shortcuts