It's everyone's fault now, but ownership brought it on.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: It's everyone's fault now, but ownership brought it on.

good post, calz.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: It's everyone's fault now, but ownership brought it on.":
    This isn't a poker hand or Fantasy baseball, you can't trade in your cards or get new Fantasy picks at the drop of a hat. Beckett's contract prevents him from being traded. If you people in your infinite wisdom want him traded then what GM with similar wisdom wants him? Try to think before you post. Posted by Calzone65
    Theo Epstein?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: It's everyone's fault now, but ownership brought it on.:
    Tcal - this is already Year 3. I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, either.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

ma6dragon9, I'm only counting the after Francona time frame known to Baseball historians as the Chickenlicous Era. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Certain people just don't understand the power of money.  Everyone is tradeable.  The question is how much are you willing to pay for that intestine flush?

I enter exhibit A into the discussion. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I definitely didn't ask for that Calzone, I am not expecting high profile players I return for guys like CC and Lackey. As far as Beckett it's such a list cause the rational fans know its time to just dump him, remove the cancer and move on! As far as Henry's statement goes, who knows what to believe anymore! But it's pretty obvious the players know they are sucking, but the issue is the manager isn't helping the cause!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

freediro, in my case, I'm trying to be realistic and the only realistic thing to change the dynamic and even have any shot left in 2012--fire the manager. What else is supposed to be done when none of the players have responded with good baseball? There's nothing else that can take place that already has--Lavarnway now the righty catcher, Bailey is back. Not much else going on. Team still terrible, team still not winning games in a row, team still under .500 and BV still saying stupid things to the press on a near daily basis..
    Posted by dannycater

You are right Cater: you cannot blow up the entire team. That is not realistic. Therefore, you make an example of one of the loudmouths on the team to show everyone else that further insubordination will not be tolerated. I nominate Pedroia to go. He has value, and could bring us a decent SP or SP prospect(s). 
     SOMETHING MUST BE DONE TO CHANGE THE COUNTRY CLUB ATMOSPHERE HERE! The players need to keep their mouths shut and DO THEIR JOBS. No one wants to hear the continuous whining and complaining of these millionaire fat cats. Yes, the talent level has to be raised significantly, specifically the SP talent level. Until that and the necessary attitude changes occur we will continue to be an irrelevant franchise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

^ good one tcal

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: It's everyone's fault now, but ownership brought it on. :  to John Henry's statement today, the players in recent team meetings were blaming themselves and not Valentine. Did anyone read the Henry statement?
    Posted by Calzone65

Did anyone believe Henry's statement is a better question. I don't believe its the whole truth. If what was in the media was indeed true, Henry could not tell the truth here. Imagine the uproar if he did that. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I definitely didn't ask for that Calzone, I am not expecting high profile players I return for guys like CC and Lackey. As far as Beckett it's such a list cause the rational fans know its time to just dump him, remove the cancer and move on! As far as Henry's statement goes, who knows what to believe anymore! But it's pretty obvious the players know they are sucking, but the issue is the manager isn't helping the cause!
    Posted by freediro

At this point, apparently, neither is ownership.

Perplexed? Grrrmmpph.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Sad that a forum poster can't enjoy his vacation at Lake Winnapausakee without being obsessed with being a wet blanket on the BDC Forum.
    Posted by Calzone65

Its "Winnipesaukee"...and thank you very much, I AM enjoying it here. I can join the forum, posting lakeside, and keep folks like you in balance. All in good fun, of course.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

We are not in balance. The forum is still 90 % negative as usual but then why do you have this obsession to make it 91%. Strange behavior indeed. Did they toss you out of Sauxheads because of your trolling act?
    Posted by Calzone65

Why not go over there and find out Calzone? If you like, I can give you the link. Maybe you will like it there. And lets see....why do you think the forum is 90% negative (if it is) now....can you figure that one out?
    Time to enjoy the Lake...ciao

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Lester is being Lester. Yeah, they are all bums, but thats what they are. Hard to blame a pig for being a pig, isn't it?.

You're a heck of a RS fan, Pumpsie.

Lester goes 65-32 with a 3.33 ERA over 5 years.  He has one bad season and now he is a pig?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Lester is being Lester. Yeah, they are all bums, but thats what they are. Hard to blame a pig for being a pig, isn't it?. You're a heck of a RS fan, Pumpsie. Lester goes 65-32 with a 3.33 ERA over 5 years.  He has one bad season and now he is a pig?
    Posted by Joebreidey

Thats wonderful to hear Brady! Martinez pitched well for us; so did Clemens. Maybe they are looking for work.
    Lester has sucked for a year now. Guess you think we should give him another 3-4 years to sort out his problems. For me, the time is nearly up. For the record, I think Beckett needs to go, but I have posted here over and over again that Lester, with hard work, could improve to become a serviceable #5 SP. He could stay as long as his attitude on the mound improves.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: It's everyone's fault now, but ownership brought it on. : Its "Winnipesaukee"...and thank you very much, I AM enjoying it here. I can join the forum, posting lakeside, and keep folks like you in balance. All in good fun, of course.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

If you can keep us in balance, I proclaim you Chief Moderator of BDC, Manager of the Red Sox, and King of the realm.

How may we serve You, Your Majesty?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: It's everyone's fault now, but ownership brought it on. : If you can keep us in balance, I proclaim you Chief Moderator of BDC, Manager of the Red Sox, and King of the realm. How may we serve You, Your Majesty?
    Posted by antibody

HAHAHA
    No one can keep this forum in balance. You are right. Its what makes this place a great place to post-all the different personalities and viewpoints expressed so colorfully.
    But in answer to your question, you could start by addressing me as The King....its good to be da King (......Mel Brooks).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Hey!  Enough!!!   Didn't you hear that ownership TOOK A STAND today.

These are stand up guys!  "The players did nothing wrong!"

All good?   :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe we could just plan for 2015.

We lose Beckett, Lester & Lackey after 2014.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Maybe we could just plan for 2015. We lose Beckett, Lester & Lackey after 2014.
    Posted by moonslav59

I think thats what its going to take Moonslav. Two more years. No GM is going to accept Beckett and Lackey on their roster, and Henry isn't going to release them. IF they fire Cherington and Lucchino we could conceivably become relevant again in 2015. Not before.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

First off to that guy with the random username, did you miss the post when I talked about injuries!? Second I honestly can't in my wildest dreams understand why people want Gonzalez gone, I am not going to out what ifs out there like"what would you all say if Teixeura was our 1B" but honestly what has that guy done to deserve the off base criticism he receives from some of these "fans." Third these "fans" on the board seem more interested in dragging the Sox through the mud along with the media than actually having a intellectual debate about the team and where it's heading. Some drivel say and day out by the same people, it's like listening to a bunch of trust fund babies crying their daddy hasn't upgraded their BMW to the Ferrari they want. At my work when I have a project assigned and delegate that to my employees and it fails, it's my fault regardless if someone got sick ir messed up, etc. why can't anyone take some blame in the Sox brass? You'd think a bunch of panzies were running this team like it was a softball beer league.
    Posted by freediro

+1 And I agree with almost everything you've said in your well thought out well written posts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: It's everyone's fault now, but ownership brought it on. : Its "Winnipesaukee"...and thank you very much, I AM enjoying it here. I can join the forum, posting lakeside, and keep folks like you in balance. All in good fun, of course.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Interesting choice of words. Don't you mean keeping us real? That explains alot.

Sections
Shortcuts