it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation

after this classic choke job,they don't deserve our attention and money.unfortunately,that won't be the case.the lemmings will rush to buy tickets for next year and gobble up the merchandise for xmas and the sox will continue to rake in all that money. so,nothing will change. sad!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation

No it won't.

The fans will sell out Fenway every night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Re: it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation

One of the moniker group of ten who doesn't know to capitalize the first letter of every sentence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

In Response to Re: it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation:
    [QUOTE]No it won't. The fans will sell out Fenway every night.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

regretably,your righr,but they don't deserve it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

It is another day in the life of a SOX fan.....

but wouldn't those 5-6 wins that TWITTO told the media were not important when he gave them away earlier in the year look great right now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411895. Show user_4411895's posts

In Response to Re: it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation : no,but i can spell KMA,GFU and FU
    Posted by udontnojack[/QUOTE]

At least spell it correctly!

It's GFYS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response ;to it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation:
    [QUOTE]after this classic choke job,they don't deserve our attention and money.unfortunately,that won't be the case.the lemmings will rush to buy tickets for next year and gobble up the merchandise for xmas and the sox will continue to rake in all that money. so,nothing will change. sad!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation : ......and as long as they lose you will continue to post on this board...of course if they get hot and win....well...something tells me you will be taking a break
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

Winning is what is expected of the last 8 versions of the Red Sox, not a whole lot to say when they're living up to expectations. They're very well paid to perform well. Playing poorly is not what we fans, including you, expected. When the manager says that these games, early in the season, are not as important as the crunch time games, we all should have a problem. When they're involved in a potentially winnable game, and the manager decides to not try to win it, we should all have a problem. There are more fans calling for Francona to be fired because of his performance this year...I for one, of a very few, have called for him to be fired for almost 8 years now. He is not a good manager, he was not a good manager when he got here and he will never be a good manager. How can we expect players to play with passion, when their manager deems some games as not being important? Francona has not had my respect from day one. The only thing that Francona does that Fred Muggs probably wouldn't do is spit out the shells, Muggs would probably eat the shells. There is nothing about managing an ongoing game that Francona can do any better that 90% of the Little League coaches in this country.
    I have purchased the MLB Extra Innings package every year since I knew it was available. I've lived in Florida since 1984. If they don't fire Francona at the end of this year, I will not torment myself next year, i will not watch this managerial moron for another full year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation : Winning is what is expected of the last 8 versions of the Red Sox, not a whole lot to say when they're living up to expectations. They're very well paid to perform well. Playing poorly is not what we fans, including you, expected. When the manager says that these games, early in the season, are not as important as the crunch time games, we all should have a problem. When they're involved in a potentially winnable game, and the manager decides to not try to win it, we should all have a problem. There are more fans calling for Francona to be fired because of his performance this year...I for one, of a very few, have called for him to be fired for almost 8 years now. He is not a good manager, he was not a good manager when he got here and he will never be a good manager. How can we expect players to play with passion, when their manager deems some games as not being important? Francona has not had my respect from day one. The only thing that Francona does that Fred Muggs probably wouldn't do is spit out the shells, Muggs would probably eat the shells. There is nothing about managing an ongoing game that Francona can do any better that 90% of the Little League coaches in this country. I have purchased the MLB Extra Innings package every year since I knew it was available. I've lived in Florida since 1984. If they don't fire Francona at the end of this year, I will not torment myself next year, i will not watch this managerial moron for another full year.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation:
    [QUOTE]after this classic choke job,they don't deserve our attention and money.unfortunately,that won't be the case.the lemmings will rush to buy tickets for next year and gobble up the merchandise for xmas and the sox will continue to rake in all that money. so,nothing will change. sad!

Yes you are right.It will take till next  spring training to get the nation back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation : Winning is what is expected of the last 8 versions of the Red Sox, not a whole lot to say when they're living up to expectations. They're very well paid to perform well. Playing poorly is not what we fans, including you, expected. When the manager says that these games, early in the season, are not as important as the crunch time games, we all should have a problem. When they're involved in a potentially winnable game, and the manager decides to not try to win it, we should all have a problem. There are more fans calling for Francona to be fired because of his performance this year...I for one, of a very few, have called for him to be fired for almost 8 years now. He is not a good manager, he was not a good manager when he got here and he will never be a good manager. How can we expect players to play with passion, when their manager deems some games as not being important? Francona has not had my respect from day one. The only thing that Francona does that Fred Muggs probably wouldn't do is spit out the shells, Muggs would probably eat the shells. There is nothing about managing an ongoing game that Francona can do any better that 90% of the Little League coaches in this country. I have purchased the MLB Extra Innings package every year since I knew it was available. I've lived in Florida since 1984. If they don't fire Francona at the end of this year, I will not torment myself next year, i will not watch this managerial moron for another full year.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

I doubt unless we see a repeat of 2004 starting right now you'll have to worry about watching Francona next year.

If that were all that were needed to fix what we are seeing I'd be 100% in agreement with you. But firing Francona is not going to solve the real problem.

Let's assume that everything you say is wrong about Francona is correct. Then not only do you then need to fire Francona you then must fire Theo because unlike you, ( and I do agree with a lot of what you say)  Theo could not see the obvious, and certainly was in a position to do something about it if he did. So I must then assume: 

Clearly Theo also must think games lost in April that were winnable are not as important as in Sept. Clearly Theo must think asking Wakefield to make up for 1/2 a starting pitching staff that is injured, and another 1/2 that is underpreforming is acceptable. Clearly Theo must think key players getting injured at the rate they have the last two years is normal. And so on.    When did Theo step in here and affect any changes??

You say you have called for Francona to be fired for 8 years now. Having read so many of your posts over the years I believe you. Firing Francona won't fix nearly a small fraction of what is wrong, but at least you will feel better. And since all Red Sox fans are loyal to a fault, many like you will think next year will be different. But it won't be if that is all that is done.

Do you really think any manager can win with our pitching staff?  Who do we count on to play SS, LF, RF? Do we even have a bench?   There are so many needs it will take years to fix this team.

There needs to be top to bottom look at everything at this point. If firing Francona is job one, fine. But it's only the first step, and a small step at that in the process to fix what is wrong. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

If the make the playoffs and make it to the ALCS or farther no one will remember September.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhonest. Show bhonest's posts

besides tito, which red sox manager has won two world series rings in boston in the past 93 years? how about one ring? how about blaming the players who are paid millions of dollars a year?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from poster71. Show poster71's posts

In Response to it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation:

So it's going to take a long time to win back respect and trust, but "nothing will change".  Which is it???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation : I doubt unless we see a repeat of 2004 starting right now you'll have to worry about watching Francona next year. If that were all that were needed to fix what we are seeing I'd be 100% in agreement with you. But firing Francona is not going to solve the real problem. Let's assume that everything you say is wrong about Francona is correct. Then not only do you then need to fire Francona you then must fire Theo because unlike you, ( and I do agree with a lot of what you say)  Theo could not see the obvious, and certainly was in a position to do something about it if he did. So I must then assume:  Clearly Theo also must think games lost in April that were winnable are not as important as in Sept. Clearly Theo must think asking Wakefield to make up for 1/2 a starting pitching staff that is injured, and another 1/2 that is underpreforming is acceptable. Clearly Theo must think key players getting injured at the rate they have the last two years is normal. And so on.    When did Theo step in here and affect any changes?? You say you have called for Francona to be fired for 8 years now. Having read so many of your posts over the years I believe you. Firing Francona won't fix nearly a small fraction of what is wrong, but at least you will feel better. And since all Red Sox fans are loyal to a fault, many like you will think next year will be different. But it won't be if that is all that is done. Do you really think any manager can win with our pitching staff?  Who do we count on to play SS, LF, RF? Do we even have a bench?   There are so many needs it will take years to fix this team. There needs to be top to bottom look at everything at this point. If firing Francona is job one, fine. But it's only the first step, and a small step at that in the process to fix what is wrong. 
    Posted by tetonman50[/QUOTE]

Firing Francona is like giving the Red Sox an 8 to 12 game lead before the first game is played. It is a huge step. Year in and year out, Francona costs the Sox between a conservative 8 and a realistic 12 games in the standings......you do the math. All the resting of players so they'd be ready for crunch time, and the injuries crop up. Better to have concentrated on winning every winnable game with the hope that when the injuries occur, they might have a cushion.. Just the way I think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustPlayTheGame. Show JustPlayTheGame's posts

The sad thing is, come Spring Training this board will be filled with posts debating who should start game 3 in the World Series against the Phillies, just like we did this year. We'll pick up a big name player or two and talk about how "this may be the greatest team ever". We'll predict that The Rays will grab the Wild Card and the Yankees will miss the playoffs.

All over again.

Just play the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

Gathright looks like Scatman Crothers checking out problems at the Overlook Hotel ...

Someone shoot me.

The darkest part of me needs to see Lackey go back out there.  And struggle.  And have Tito channel Grady Little and leave him in.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: it's going to take a long time to win back the respect and trust of red sox nation : Firing Francona is like giving the Red Sox an 8 to 12 game lead before the first game is played. It is a huge step. Year in and year out, Francona costs the Sox between a conservative 8 and a realistic 12 games in the standings......you do the math. All the resting of players so they'd be ready for crunch time, and the injuries crop up. Better to have concentrated on winning every winnable game with the hope that when the injuries occur, they might have a cushion.. Just the way I think.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you, we should try to win every game even games in April. I also agree that there is far too much resting going on. But there is MUCH MORE to the math then just that.  To only blame Francona for the logic by which our team has been managed is to turn a blind eye to the Front Office which apparently at least up to now disagrees with your feelings regarding Francona. 

If Fracona is the obvious idiot you claim he is then shouldn't Theo be held at least as accountable by us fans, and much more importantly, by the owners as well?   In fact isn't Theo even more responsible since he is the one signing these multimillionaire underachievers that he then expects the idiot Francona to instill a winning attitude into?

When two of our starting pitchers go down this season and a third couldn't do his job was it Francona's fault that his best options were and a bunch of minor leaguers, and Wake?    Was it his fault that another one of Theo's' great signings for middle relief was on the DL all season?  Was it ALL Francona's fault that our line up would put up 12 runs one game, and then that same line up would up get shut out, or not be able to score a single key run the next day?  Was it ALL Francona's  fault that our record if behind after 7 innings was something like 2-62??   Do the players have ANY responsiblity to earn their paychecks? I know some have done their job well, but too many have not.  Is it Francona's fault he can't just fire those who just cashed paychecks this year?
    Given all the problems with our team this year I think in spite of the games we threw away in April, Francona did an outstanding job of covering for Theo's incompetence. 
    Unfortunately what will happen now is very clear.   Francona will be the sacrificial lamb, Theo will escape the same fate, and continue to sign multimillion dollar FA underachivers in the off season. The press will predict the Sox have solved their problems, and 2012 is our year. All the loyal Sox fans will be chomping at the bit to part with their hard earned money, making the rich, richer!!!!!
    Clearly it's a business formula that works in Red Sox nation, and what is baseball anyway?? It's only a business!!! We stupid Sox fans think it's something else!!! I've been a fan for over 55 years I know I'll never learn. But at least I did live to see two WS wins........ Sadly my mother did not.

Sections
Shortcuts