ITS MILLER TIME!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

ITS MILLER TIME!!!!!!

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/06/16/miller_to_stay_join_red_sox_rotation_next_week/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

Re: ITS MILLER TIME!!!!!!

YES, AND IT WILL BE FOR 5-6 YEARS!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SHOULD BE INTERESTING !!!  CAN'T WAIT.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

This Theo at his best.

He always, well, almost always, gets players like this with "upside" (one of his favorite words).

Bet Bard's happy................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Miller time

Dahhh dah na na...na na...na na. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Some one please explain why there seems to be a love affair with Miller coming up.
    So he has done well in AAA. He spent 6 yrs in the minors with a losing record. He could not stick with Detroit. And failed in the NL with the Marlins.
    Over parts of five seasons with the Tigers and Marlins, Miller is 15-26 with a 5.84 ERA.
    What in God's name makes anyone think he will better than what he has been especially in the ALE????????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: ITS MILLER TIME!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Some one please explain why there seems to be a love affair with Miller coming up. So he has done well in AAA. He spent 6 yrs in the minors with a losing record. He could not stick with Detroit. And failed in the NL with the Marlins. Over parts of five seasons with the Tigers and Marlins, Miller is 15-26 with a 5.84 ERA. What in God's name makes anyone think he will better than what he has been especially in the ALE????????
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

It's the potential.  It's one thing to go out and spend 15 20 million on a Lackey or a Crawford, but if this guy can fulfill his destiny then it helps this team out on so many different levels.  Get him on the cheap, never can have enough starting pitching...PLUS he's a lefty.

I do however share your concern.  I do believe there is reason to be optimistic, but he has not proven ANYTHING at the top level yet. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I would have preferred Miller to have stayed in AAA until there was actually a need for him to be called up, but I can understand his anxiousness and desire to be called up sooner.

No better team than the weak hitting Padres to get his first start with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

He was called up since they had to or lose him.
    Then he would have signed with the NYY.So it was acombination they had to and not wanting the NYY to get him. It was not for any imediate need.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Some one please explain why there seems to be a love affair with Miller coming up. So he has done well in AAA. He spent 6 yrs in the minors with a losing record. He could not stick with Detroit. And failed in the NL with the Marlins. Over parts of five seasons with the Tigers and Marlins, Miller is 15-26 with a 5.84 ERA. What in God's name makes anyone think he will better than what he has been especially in the ALE????????

Jim, the theory on why Miller is worth it is that he was brought up too quickly.  He was pitching for the Tigs before he had the tools to get ML hitters out consistently (that would never happen in the Sox system).  So, the thought is, he just needed some more time on the farm to hone his skills.  And that seems to be what was happening in pawtucket.  His control was terrible at the beginning of the season.  And, at this juncture, it is stellar.  So they were obviously locking that down.  He has always had the tools.  Just wasn't ready.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]He was called up since they had to or lose him. Then he would have signed with the NYY.So it was acombination they had to and not wanting the NYY to get him. It was not for any imediate need.

I understand all that.  I was just saying I wish the Sox could have waited to call him up when there was a need, rather than having their hand forced.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

6 1/3 innings, 1 run, 5 hits, 7 Strikeouts.

Because I'm a gambling man baby.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

It does sound better than It's Wake Time...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I agree with Smiley Jim. A career 1.73 WHIP as well!
    Sounds like another Theo reclamation project. I wonder if deadheadred, or whatever his moniker, will balk at Miller's 5 walks a game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Great 'problem' for the Sox to have.  Worst case is he stinks it up a few games and the Sox waste a whole $1M.  Big deal.

Best case is the Sox find an above average ML starter to be their #4.  Not bad at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffh102082. Show jeffh102082's posts

With the loss of Rich Hill, hopefully this guy can pitch just as well and become a permanent fixture with the bullpen and spot starting at times if needed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with Smiley Jim. A career 1.73 WHIP as well! Sounds like another Theo reclamation project. I wonder if deadheadred, or whatever his moniker, will balk at Miller's 5 walks a game.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

What is interesting though is that statistic might be a number of the past.  His recent outings have featured hardly any walks.  He has obviously been working on honing his command, and it is working at the AAA level.  We'll see if he retains that same control pitching against the big boys.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

he has huge potential and he has been great his last 4 starts in AAA. i am excited to see what he can do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ITS MILLER TIME!!!!!! : I understand all that.  I was just saying I wish the Sox could have waited to call him up when there was a need, rather than having their hand forced.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Looks like Clay might have to be DL'd for back issues ,or at the minimum, miss a start..There gonna insert this kid and see what he can do. Id rather have a nasty lefty on the mound than a knuckler or lackey..No disrespect to Wake or lack..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]With the loss of Rich Hill, hopefully this guy can pitch just as well and become a permanent fixture with the bullpen and spot starting at times if needed.
    Posted by jeffh102082[/QUOTE]

Hes going to be in the rotation from what I understand jeff, not the bullpen..Which is where he needs to be..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR MILLER WITH BUCK AND HIS BAD BACK !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ITS MILLER TIME!!!!!! : Hes going to be in the rotation from what I understand jeff, not the bullpen..Which is where he needs to be..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Love the new avatar Southpaw.  E f f i n gorgeous!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

He's a lefty. Anytime a team stumbles across a left-handed starter who shows some promise, it's cause to get excited. Good left-handed starters are worth their weight in gold.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Miller starts Monday night against the Padres....forecast is good for a warm night..Miller starts at home against the worst hitting team, by far, in all of MLB. Everybody's second chance in life should be as favorable as the one he gets on Monday night...throw lightning kid, and stick around a long time...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Miller starts Monday night against the Padres....forecast is good for a warm night..Miller starts at home against the worst hitting team, by far, in all of MLB. Everybody's second chance in life should be as favorable as the one he gets on Monday night...throw lightning kid, and stick around a long time...
    Posted by mountainmonkey[/QUOTE]

Miller needs to pitch "within himself". The key to pitching well is the same as the key to success in the real estate market...location, location, location. Speed is a nice thing to have. But, intelligence, guts, and control are the things that convert a decent pitcher into a great pitcher. 

Sections
Shortcuts