It's nice to see so many people

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It's nice to see so many people

Jumping on the Jackie Bradley Jr. bandwagon. Not to blow my own horn, well maybe to blow my own horn a little bit, but I've been predicting stardom for this kid since we drafted him. Am I still pipe dreaming softlaw?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: It's nice to see so many people

In response to carnie's comment:

Jumping on the Jackie Bradley Jr. bandwagon. Not to blow my own horn, well maybe to blow my own horn a little bit, but I've been predicting stardom for this kid since we drafted him. Am I still pipe dreaming softlaw?

Although I knew he was a great prospect, I didn't think we'd see him at all until next year!  This ST blew me away.  It's been magic!  Love to see a kid carpe diem!!  :)

WOW!

Good call!  I recall you talking about him quite a while ago.

Stiffy has at least had the sense to jump on this bandwagon.....  He's such a cute little GM wannabe....  Almost as good at fake lawyering???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I still think of Bradley more like Coco crisp when he was young. I don't see a star, but I do see a really goodf playerf.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I still think of Bradley more like Coco crisp when he was young. I don't see a star, but I do see a really goodf playerf.

Coco was so much more of a slap hitter!  Not a great outfielder.  Good!  Not potentially great!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Coco was so much more of a slap hitter!  Not a great outfielder.  Good!  Not potentially great!

I guess that is what I am saying. Coco was hitting 15 homers a game when he was young. I see Bradley as a guy who hits 290 hits 10 homers and steals 25 bases.

That isn't an insult.

Soxprospects project his home run potential in the single digits in the majors. He isn't a great base stealer.

He's a good player

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I guess that is what I am saying. Coco was hitting 15 homers a game when he was young. I see Bradley as a guy who hits 290 hits 10 homers and steals 25 bases.

That isn't an insult.

No, I gotcha snake.  It's fair at this point, but I see JBJ with HUGE up side that coco never had.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

That isn't an insult.

No, I gotcha snake.  It's fair at this point, but I see JBJ with HUGE up side that coco never had.

Hope you're right...

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Think he'll be better than just numbers/stats, he has that hard-to-define extra something special in his make-up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Blow that horn loudly, Carnie. I remember when you 1st posted about him and you were 100% correct. I went to some games this spring JUST to see him play. HR off of Cliff Lee in Clearwater was sweet! Led the team in ST in RBI's, BB's, and BA(for anyone with more than 7AB's). You should see the ease in which he throws the ball which, I still think, goes unreported. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Predictions are 50/50......You might be right, You might be wrong.....We shall see... But if you like blowing go ahead you might have a lot of years to enjoy it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Carnie, I was watching Bradley lead SC to national titles before you even knew who he was.

I remember him doing the same. I like to follow some College players. I followed Bard, Miller, Brentz and a few others as well as Pedey.

Lots of potential there. this kid can be one of the best leadoff hitters.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

To be fair to the soft one I did tweak him a little in the OP. He told me I was pipe dreaming when I was talking about JBJ last spring and that just never sat well. What can I say? I couldn't help myself.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

To be fair to the soft one I did tweak him a little in the OP. He told me I was pipe dreaming when I was talking about JBJ last spring and that just never sat well. What can I say? I couldn't help myself.

You forgot that the great and powerful softlaw is omniscient.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Anyone paying for a nice day at the ballpark in NY, today?

I'm sure there are many.

And what purpose does the comma serve?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I did not know this, so congrats.  I used to be into the minor leagues.  I followed Brady Anderson and Bagwell and was devasted when they were traded.

I am glad he is starting today.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

i am thinking conan has never predicted anything

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts