It's not about Who the Manager is: John Ferrell isn't worth a Recapped Bald Tire!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: It's not about Who the Manager is: John Ferrell isn't worth a Recapped Bald Tire!

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Abraham claims that the Red Sox sending 2 top 20 farm prospects is fair for getting the great John Ferrell. In reality, the facts show that the manager turnstile has nothing to do with modern baseball business franchise success. The Red Sox need to hire a competent GM, which in turn should assemble the right combination of Big Labor hands and team leadership to perform at a level that equates to the kind of consistent division and contending big market success that is the NY Yankees.

Incompetent GM means that wasting young talent to get John Ferrell is simply more baseball operations incompetence. If upper management goes another year with Cherry, it will become the focal point of the baseball operations incompetence.

Zero confidence work record of Cherry will produce more loser baseball if he stays on through 2013.

I don't suppose you have a link to this story...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: It's not about Who the Manager is: John Ferrell isn't worth a Recapped Bald Tire!

I read 2 guys like de la Cruz and Britton.

No way is Farrell worth that much. He may not even be worth a dime.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

All things being equal , Farrell would not be my first choice for manager.  But giving up prospects for him is borderline insane.  de la Cruz , in particular looks to have much potential.  Don't blunder on this , Ben.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

All things being equal , Farrell would not be my first choice for manager.  But giving up prospects for him is borderline insane.  de la Cruz , in particular looks to have much potential.  Don't blunder on this , Ben.

Give 'em Carpenter and we'd have, in a sense, trade Theo for Farrell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Give 'em Carpenter and we'd have, in a sense, trade Theo for Farrell.

That sounds good. I don't see much of a future for Carpenter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Toronto should send us compensation if we take Farrell off their hands. They would be getting out of the last year of his contract after all.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i cant believe the sox are even serious about this nonsense...depressing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I read 2 guys like de la Cruz and Britton.

No way is Farrell worth that much. He may not even be worth a dime.

Agree with moon. What has he done in Toronto? How come Romero regressed so much under him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Toronto should send us compensation if we take Farrell off their hands. They would be getting out of the last year of his contract after all.

Carnie - You hit the nail on the head. But I have that feeling in my gut, similar to the one when rumors started to swirl about the Red Sox wanting J.D. Drew, and the Red Sox going after Carl Crawford.

My question is: Why the fascination?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Abraham claims that the Red Sox sending 2 top 20 farm prospects is fair for getting the great John Ferrell. In reality, the facts show that the manager turnstile has nothing to do with modern baseball business franchise success. The Red Sox need to hire a competent GM, which in turn should assemble the right combination of Big Labor hands and team leadership to perform at a level that equates to the kind of consistent division and contending big market success that is the NY Yankees.

Incompetent GM means that wasting young talent to get John Ferrell is simply more baseball operations incompetence. If upper management goes another year with Cherry, it will become the focal point of the baseball operations incompetence.

Zero confidence work record of Cherry will produce more loser baseball if he stays on through 2013.

Seems like your the next GM,,,,Mr i know it all?   Who's your Manager next year?  Name just one guy . Call Henry and let him know. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

i cant believe the sox are even serious about this nonsense...depressing

I can't believe fans believe Abraham actually said that.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

So stand up and tell us who you think would be a good GM and manager. Something realistic. Instead of just saying this guys terrible and this guys terrible, suggest a viable and realistic replacement for Cherrington and Valentine...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

So stand up and tell us who you think would be a good GM and manager. Something realistic. Instead of just saying this guys terrible and this guys terrible, suggest a viable and realistic replacement for Cherrington and Valentine...

Tom and Jerry....reason? Same results

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

trotternixon as usual overstates things, but I completely agree Farrell ain't worth a prospect or two.  Few managers are. But he did work for the Sox, so they should know what they are doing. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I usually like what Abraham writes, but he is off base on this idea of giving up two top prospects for Farrell.

Farrell has not shown anything as a manager of the Blue Jays that would warrant giving up even one of the Sox top twenty prospects, in my opinion.

And, I liked what Carnie mentioned when he said that the Blue Jays should send us a prospect for taking Farrell off their hands.  Lots of other guys with at least as much potential for Boston success as Farrell are out there for the signing without any compensation.

Sections
Shortcuts