It's not like the Yanks, or anyone else, is running away with the AL East...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from g-boogie. Show g-boogie's posts

It's not like the Yanks, or anyone else, is running away with the AL East...

...we should all be happy that Texas plays in another league, because they literally and figuratively are at this point.

Yankees have only 2 reliable starters at this point, and 1 was absolutely horrible last year.

The Sox have time to regroup, but a spark is needed. Maybe Francona needs to get tossed from a game by arguing a call. That has worked before.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: It's not like the Yanks, or anyone else, is running away with the AL East...

In Response to It's not like the Yanks, or anyone else, is running away with the AL East...:
    ...we should all be happy that Texas plays in another league, because they literally and figuratively are at this point. Yankees have only 2 reliable starters at this point, and 1 was absolutely horrible last year. The Sox have time to regroup, but a spark is needed. Maybe Francona needs to get tossed from a game by arguing a call. That has worked before.
    Posted by g-boogie

How about their rotation getting better or their offense hitting the ball. That was a tough one. Next.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Re: It's not like the Yanks, or anyone else, is running away with the AL East...

In Response to It's not like the Yanks, or anyone else, is running away with the AL East...:
    ...we should all be happy that Texas plays in another league, because they literally and figuratively are at this point. Yankees have only 2 reliable starters at this point, and 1 was absolutely horrible last year. The Sox have time to regroup, but a spark is needed. Maybe Francona needs to get tossed from a game by arguing a call. That has worked before.
    Posted by g-boogie

At this point the Yankees have 4 reliable starters.  Garcia didn't give up a run today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Yes, that's the good news.

It's not like we have a team in our division that's going to be like the 1984 Detroit Tigers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: It's not like the Yanks, or anyone else, is running away with the AL East...:
    Yes, that's the good news. It's not like we have a team in our division that's going to be like the 1984 Detroit Tigers.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD
    yikes!,,talk about no contest....you needed binoculars to see them after June..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Not sure who is more capble of going on a good run RS or Yanks. While both have some problems w/ the pitching the difference has been the Yanks are hitting while RS are not. We all know the RS bats will hit eventually and put up some #'s. The question is who's staff to you have more confidence to go out and give 7 or 8 quality starts in a row. Yanks Hughes has been Lackey like, Nova has not been very good, usually can't give team 5 ip which will wear on bullpen, Burnnet has had his normal April [never lost in month as a Yank] but what happens if he reverts to last summer form, a very good possibility. Beckett and Lester have been good for RS, Buchholz has been so so to start but figure he will improve [think he was pressing while new contract was being finalized?] Can Lackey or Dice K start pitching like they're being paid, if one can I think it will be RS who put a good run together.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustNo1. Show TrustNo1's posts

I don't know guys, Freddy Garcia looked pretty good considering he hasn't pitched in 18 days, and if I were Brian Cashman, I would move Bartolo Colon into the rotation, he deserves to be there right now. I'm not saying he's an answer to the Yanakees rotation problem, but I'd much rather see him there facing the heart of the Redsox batting order, than Phil Hughes right now. And, mark my words, I'll bet that the Yankees will get trade for a pitcher, but, in NO uncertain terms, do I want that pitcher to be Carlos"The Jackas.s" Zambrano! He's a poison. I'd much rather see Cashman promote one of the Yankees minor leaguers to face the Redsox than Zambrano. Well, even the diehard Redsox fans have to admit that the Redsox along with the Yankees have issues to address if we hope to be in the hunt for a playoff spot. I'm going to be attending the new Yankees-Redsox series in June. We got great seats right on the 1st base side of the Yankees dugout for the June 7th game. I'm so looking forward to it. I've been going to Yankees  Vs Redsox since I my father first took my in the late 50's, and been loving the matchup ever since. I even was at the Legendary Game that was one of the 10 greatest MLB games in history. October 2, 1978, I was sitting 10 rows up behind Homplate with two friends and had a great time with a bunch of Redsox fans we had met at the game. After the Game, we first went to the Combat Zone, and then to the Ratskeller. It was alot of fun, the the Boston fans were a bunch of fun loving good guys. I don't know why some many of both the Yankees and Redsox fans hate each other so. I can see rooting and busting balls, but, the absolute vitrole that is on both of our message boards and along in the stands isn't called for and just wish it would stop. Anyway, good luck guys on the rest of your season and look forward to the games that mean something in August and September between our two teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: It's not like the Yanks, or anyone else, is running away with the AL East...:
    I don't know guys, Freddy Garcia looked pretty good considering he hasn't pitched in 18 days, and if I were Brian Cashman, I would move Bartolo Colon into the rotation, he deserves to be there right now. I'm not saying he's an answer to the Yanakees rotation problem, but I'd much rather see him there facing the heart of the Redsox batting order, than Phil Hughes right now. And, mark my words, I'll bet that the Yankees will get trade for a pitcher, but, in NO uncertain terms, do I want that pitcher to be Carlos"The Jackas.s" Zambrano! He's a poison. I'd much rather see Cashman promote one of the Yankees minor leaguers to face the Redsox than Zambrano. Well, even the diehard Redsox fans have to admit that the Redsox along with the Yankees have issues to address if we hope to be in the hunt for a playoff spot. I'm going to be attending the new Yankees-Redsox series in June. We got great seats right on the 1st base side of the Yankees dugout for the June 7th game. I'm so looking forward to it. I've been going to Yankees  Vs Redsox since I my father first took my in the late 50's, and been loving the matchup ever since. I even was at the Legendary Game that was one of the 10 greatest MLB games in history. October 2, 1978, I was sitting 10 rows up behind Homplate with two friends and had a great time with a bunch of Redsox fans we had met at the game. After the Game, we first went to the Combat Zone, and then to the Ratskeller. It was alot of fun, the the Boston fans were a bunch of fun loving good guys. I don't know why some many of both the Yankees and Redsox fans hate each other so. I can see rooting and busting balls, but, the absolute vitrole that is on both of our message boards and along in the stands isn't called for and just wish it would stop. Anyway, good luck guys on the rest of your season and look forward to the games that mean something in August and September between our two teams.
    Posted by TrustNo1
    Good post. You should hang around. You sound like someone who would be fun to see a game with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I remember in 1993, the Giants won 101 games and did not even with their division.  Why?  Because the Braves won 103 games.

Or in 1987 when Toronto won 98 games but lost the division to the Tigers who won 100 games.  Toronto had a four-game lead with seven games to go. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Posted by TrustNo1

"I would move Bartolo Colon into the rotation"

Colon is starting Wednesday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustNo1. Show TrustNo1's posts

Thank you Carnie, I really appreciate the invite to stay around. I don't get on here as much as I'd like to. Have a bum back that doesn't allow me to sit for any length of time but, I'm going to pop in to talk with you and the rest of the Redsox Nation. Have a great day!

Sections
Shortcuts