It's official. The Sox can't hit lefties.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: It's official. The Sox can't hit lefties.

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[QUOTE]

Another bit to help put this in perspective:  the league overall vs. lefties - .249/.314/.391

So the lesson we learned from the 'can't hit lefties' thread is that we hit lefties better than average?

[/QUOTE]

Correct Joe.  I will give the OP the benfit of the doubt:  perhaps it was just an ommission in the thread title - the Sox can't hit lefties ... much better than the league average.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: It's official. The Sox can't hit lefties.

As others have pointed out, the Sox can in fact hit lefties--see the Sabathia and Pettitte games in the series prior to the Rays series--but they do have a problem with really good lefties.  They also have a problem with really good righties.  Good pitching will always trump good hitting.

I would not be opposed to a good righty bat provided he didn't cost too much and fit into the lineup.  Someone else said and I agree that the bullpen is a bigger problem. 

Sections
Shortcuts