Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

It's official. The Sox can't hit lefties.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: It's official. The Sox can't hit lefties.

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Another bit to help put this in perspective:  the league overall vs. lefties - .249/.314/.391

So the lesson we learned from the 'can't hit lefties' thread is that we hit lefties better than average?

Correct Joe.  I will give the OP the benfit of the doubt:  perhaps it was just an ommission in the thread title - the Sox can't hit lefties ... much better than the league average.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: It's official. The Sox can't hit lefties.

As others have pointed out, the Sox can in fact hit lefties--see the Sabathia and Pettitte games in the series prior to the Rays series--but they do have a problem with really good lefties.  They also have a problem with really good righties.  Good pitching will always trump good hitting.

I would not be opposed to a good righty bat provided he didn't cost too much and fit into the lineup.  Someone else said and I agree that the bullpen is a bigger problem. 

Sections
Shortcuts