It's Over

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It's Over

Tried to stay excited, but it's too hard for this team to establish a consistent winning mode. So for me, Time of Death for Sox Postseason Possibility is July 24. Thanks for playing. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: It's Over

the stats were very clear a few weeks ago - no team in the sox position had ever made the postseason - not being in last with all those teams ahead of them....

As always - 100% correct!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Welcome to the club.  Some join me late but they always join me.  Like it or not it's true.  Even when they won 7 straight I was saying they had no chance.  Some people prefer to figure things out for themselves; nothing wrong with that I suppose unless you really still believe they will turn things around.........sometimes it's easier to shoot the messenger than to deal with reality.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welcome to the club.  Some join me late but they always join me.  Like it or not it's true.  Even when they won 7 straight I was saying they had no chance.  Some people prefer to figure things out for themselves; nothing wrong with that I suppose unless you really still believe they will turn things around.........sometimes it's easier to shoot the messenger than to deal with reality.

[/QUOTE]

Does it ALWAYS have to be about you?

You're as shallow as a kiddie pool.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tried to stay excited, but it's too hard for this team to establish a consistent winning mode. So for me, Time of Death for Sox Postseason Possibility is July 24. Thanks for playing. 

[/QUOTE]Not YET DANNYBOY..........  I have a call into BEN....... Changes coming !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does it ALWAYS have to be about you?

You're as shallow as a kiddie pool.

[/QUOTE]

It really does always have to be about him.  Same old broken record.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Gee, dont you look smart.  The thing is, at any point in any season in which the Sox are struggling, you say they have no chance whether they have a chance or not.  So sorry if it doesnt come off like a triumphant "I Told Ya So" at this moment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Gee, dont you look smart.  The thing is, at any point in any season in which the Sox are struggling, you say they have no chance whether they have a chance or not.  So sorry if it doesnt come off like a triumphant "I Told Ya So" at this moment.

[/QUOTE]

i never said in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.......i saw it coming in 2011 and we all did in 2012.  2013 never said it.  this year was also pretty obvious.........anyways, i'll assume you are now part of the club; welcome, you're among friends.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

i never said in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.......i saw it coming in 2011 and we all did in 2012.  2013 never said it.  this year was also pretty obvious.........anyways, i'll assume you are now part of the club; welcome, you're among friends.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Nah, I take no pride or satisfaction in prognostications of doom or bashing the Sox.  Thats not what I tune in for.  Definitely not in the same club.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what were you saying to your pals the morning of 17-Oct-2004???

enjoy your empty glass.

other names i have posted under:  none

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

enjoy your empty glass.

[/QUOTE]

I never gave up in 2004.  I considered it on the morning of G4 but as the day went on I got more and more into the idea of a comeback and there was no where else I'd rather be. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

enjoy your empty glass.

[/QUOTE]

I never gave up in 2004.  I considered it on the morning of G4 but as the day went on I got more and more into the idea of a comeback and there was no where else I'd rather be. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

riiiggggght

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to bugmenot2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

enjoy your empty glass.

[/QUOTE]

In Roman times the messenger got shot because he delivered bad news everytime with a smile on his face.

[/QUOTE]Well, "when in Rome, do as the romans do"  !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

enjoy your empty glass.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

riiiggggght

[/QUOTE]

no need for you to believe me, i could care less

again, i DID consider giving up but 2 things kept me in, 1)  I was way to committed to back down and 2) I thought they could come back IF Schilling was able to pitch and if they did come back and I quit, I would never had been able to live with myself.........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

enjoy your empty glass.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

riiiggggght

[/QUOTE]

again, i DID consider giving up but 2 things kept me in, 1)  I was way to committed to back down and 2) I thought they could come back IF Schilling was able to pitch and if they did come back and I quit, I would never had been able to live with myself.........

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Disahree with OP; MLB channel claims RS are still viable contenders; although the homerish Ryan Dempster claims they're going to win it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to bugmenot2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In Roman times the messenger got shot because he delivered bad news everytime with a smile on his face.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like something that ought to happen to this thread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

enjoy your empty glass.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

riiiggggght

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sure.

[/QUOTE]

So sorry you gave up in 2004.  It was one hell of a ride for those of us who hung in there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

enjoy your empty glass.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

riiiggggght

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sure.

[/QUOTE]

So sorry you gave up in 2004.  It was one hell of a ride for those of us who hung in there.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Hahaha.  Its just a totally a different perspective than you can even comprehend.  Its not about sticking with or giving up.  

Anyway, kudos for you for giving up on the Sox this year but not giving up on the Sox on October 16, 2004.  

You will have to forgive those of us who doubt your claims.  But, in our defense, all we have to go on is your track record of thoughts on this board these past however many years.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Those Roman dudes must have gotten their guns from the flying saucer folks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Hahaha.  Its just a totally a different perspective than you can even comprehend.  Its not about sticking with or giving up.  

Anyway, kudos for you for giving up on the Sox this year but not giving up on the Sox on October 16, 2004.  

You will have to forgive those of us who doubt your claims.  But, in our defense, all we have to go on is your track record of thoughts on this board these past however many years.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree Spaceman, but let it die.  Let him have the last word so he can pat himself on the back for being "right again" and let it die.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

enjoy your empty glass.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

riiiggggght

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sure.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

really no comparison of 2004 to this team

this team has limited talent and not enough heart

2004 was stacked with both talent and heart

and these past several years have been tough and bashing is deserved but it didn't really start for me until AGone complained about the DH vs the A's..........That's when I knew that team would get skunked..........2012 - bashed then until they ditched Beckett and Crawford and AG and then thought it would take a year to rebuild but 2013 came a year sooner than expected.  I made 2 strong recommendations for 2014 - deal Buck and acquire a RH Middle of the Order Bat.  They did neither and that's why they are where they are.........it's all here in b&w for you to fact-check.........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

enjoy your empty glass.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

riiiggggght

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sure.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

really no comparison of 2004 to this team

this team has limited talent and not enough heart

2004 was stacked with both talent and heart

and these past several years have been tough and bashing is deserved but it didn't really start for me until AGone complained about the DH vs the A's..........That's when I knew that team would get skunked..........2012 - bashed then until they ditched Beckett and Crawford and AG and then thought it would take a year to rebuild but 2013 came a year sooner than expected.  I made 2 strong recommendations for 2014 - deal Buck and acquire a RH Middle of the Order Bat.  They did neither and that's why they are where they are.........it's all here in b&w for you to fact-check.........

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Great Work.  Congratulations.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Front office ecstatic about the last few days. Easy call now. Time of death...