It's Red Sox! Not "Red Sock"! An Essay Tribute to Softlaw, Now posting from an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

It's Red Sox! Not ...

I read an old Softlaw comment decrying this Red "Sock" talk. This is a short essay, as I go green when it comes to taking up cyber space.

When referring to one Red Sox player, it is "Red Sox" not "Red Sock".

ie: Curt Schilling said he wanted to be a Red Sock and end the team's long painful title drought. To be correct, he should have said "I'm proud to be a Red Sox". "Sox" is singular and plural, referring to the team or one of the team players. Not that it's germane, but a player has red socks, not a red sock.

I have attached a copy of this essay to my email to John Henry. I expect to never hear a member of the organization use Red "Sock" again. I expect my expecations to be met.

Sincerely,

betterredthandead/aka Chester Powers-Red Sox fan since 1967

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: It's Red Sox! Not "Red Sock"! An Essay Tribute to Softlaw, Now posting from an underground bunker at an undiscl...

Somebody has to fight the fight!  Kudo!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: It's Red Sox! Not "Red Sock"! An Essay Tribute to Softlaw, Now posting from an underground bunker at an undiscl...

In Response to It's Red Sox! Not "Red Sock"! An Essay Tribute to Softlaw, Now posting from an underground bunker at an undisclosed location:
    [QUOTE] ie: Curt Schilling said he wanted to be a Red Sock and end the team's long painful title drought.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Ask and you shall receive.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I have yet to hear the words "Red Sock", and it's been a long time since I posted this thread. Henry usually response favorably to my requests. Thank you, John, I'm gracious this "Red Sock" phrase will become a thing of the past.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Powers-Red Sox fan since 1967

Now posting from an underground bunker at an undisclosed location ...

Is it possible that location could be w/o electricity and net connections???

Inquiring minds want to know.

But the humor is appreciated.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: It's Red Sox! Not "Red Sock"! An Essay Tribute to Softlaw, Now posting from an underground bunker at an undisclosed location:
    [QUOTE]I have yet to here the words "Red Sock", and it's been a long time since I posted this thread. Henry usually response favorably to my requests. Thank you, John, I'm gracious this "Red Sock" phrase will become a thing of the past.

Weren't you just denying that you were softlaw???

Anyways I really don't care I'm just busting your chops, but um yeah "Red Sock"  is annoying.  You don't hear people saying that often.  

Red Sock doesn't even sound right, it rolls off the tongue weird.  Anyone who's a Sox fan knows this. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Hell, while we're on the topic... its nuclear.  As in "new-clee-uuur". 

Not nook-you-luur.  Just sayin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to It's Red Sox! Not "Red Sock"! An Essay Tribute to Softlaw, Now posting from an underground bunker at an undisclosed location:
    [QUOTE]I read an old Softlaw comment decrying this Red "Sock" talk. This is a short essay, as I go green when it comes to taking up cyber space. When referring to one Red Sox player, it is "Red Sox" not "Red Sock". ie: Curt Schilling said he wanted to be a Red Sock and end the team's long painful title drought. To be correct, he should have said "I'm proud to be a Red Sox". "Sox" is singular and plural, referring to the team or one of the team players. Not that it's germane, but a player has red socks, not a red sock. I have attached a copy of this essay to my email to John Henry. I expect to never hear a member of the organization use Red "Sock" again. I expect my expecations to be met. Sincerely, betterredthandead/aka Chester Powers-Red Sox fan since 1967

My pet peeve is when someone calls a mitt a glove....especially a certain Fox analyst who is a former catcher.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterdeadthanred. Show betterdeadthanred's posts

[QUOTE]I read an old Softlaw comment decrying this Red "Sock" talk. This is a short essay, as I go green when it comes to taking up cyber space. When referring to one Red Sox player, it is "Red Sox" not "Red Sock". ie: Curt Schilling said he wanted to be a Red Sock and end the team's long painful title drought. To be correct, he should have said "I'm proud to be a Red Sox". "Sox" is singular and plural, referring to the team or one of the team players. Not that it's germane, but a player has red socks, not a red sock. I have attached a copy of this essay to my email to John Henry. I expect to never hear a member of the organization use Red "Sock" again. I expect my expecations to be met. Sincerely, betterredthandead/aka Chester Powers-Red Sox fan since 1967

Laughable at best....you can't read any "old" softball comments because they are all erased from your numerous bannings. softball, nobody believes your shtick so quit the nonsense already. You are fooling no one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

It is best to refer to one Red Sox as a Red Stocking.  This eliminates any potential confusion and/or stylistic wonkiness.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

There are numerous Softlaw postings on other threads, and I am able to remember some of those postings.

Betterdeadthanred = Moonslow

Sections
Shortcuts