It's Time: End the Valentine Regime

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It's Time: End the Valentine Regime

When Jerry Tarkanian became head coach of the San Antonio Spurs, I remember how people whispered how was Tark going to deal with a bunch of rich brats as opposed to impressionable college kids. Well, Bobby V is not much different. He's out of touch, he's said some pretty stupid things, and he's effectively been an anti-tonic to Francona. Valentine needs to resign. Players aren't responding and it's not getting better anytime soon. Time to bring in a young manager and experiement rest of the season. The Bridge to 2013 begins with Valentine's departure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Re: It's Time: End the Valentine Regime

You know the old saying it is easier to get rid of one manager than 25 players, though I'd like to see about 20 players perged.  Gotta feeling by the All Star break when there is tumble weeds blowing through the Fens, management might sacrafice Bobby V.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Valentine would love to fry these guys in the media like he should. He did it with Youkilis and people revolted against him. He wants to open up on that arrogant SOB Beckett so much, but this management group just wants to sell tickets, which they won't.  They want to claim sell out after sell out.

Did anyone get a load of Sections 1,2,3? Empty. It will be a sellout though.

Franchise is a joke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from august271985. Show august271985's posts

In Response to It's Time: End the Valentine Regime:
    [QUOTE]When Jerry Tarkanian became head coach of the San Antonio Spurs, I remember how people whispered how was Tark going to deal with a bunch of rich brats as opposed to impressionable college kids. Well, Bobby V is not much different. He's out of touch, he's said some pretty stupid things, and he's effectively been an anti-tonic to Francona. Valentine needs to resign. Players aren't responding and it's not getting better anytime soon. Time to bring in a young manager and experiement rest of the season. The Bridge to 2013 begins with Valentine's departure.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

That'll definitely work 'cause it's Valentine's fault. And last September never happened...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

ADG, all the more reason to fire him. If I was him, I'd just blast away and then really see what kind of balls the Sox upper management had. They could either back him by not doing a thing and letting him chew out players in public/media, or they can wait for him to explode then be appalled by it. I don't dislike Bobby V, nor do I feel he's not a baseball guy, but he seems out of touch to today's players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Valentine was a horrible hire and a horrible fit. I can't even begin to understand why the Sox wanted him or thought he was the answer. That said, this train wreck is not entirely his fault. And firing him now would be crazy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Valentine is managing at a below .500 clip with a team that while not a playoff team going into the year, certainly was expected to win 90. It's been a long time for a Sox team to be this bad. You have to fire somebody.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: It's Time: End the Valentine Regime:
    [QUOTE]In Response to It's Time: End the Valentine Regime : That'll definitely work 'cause it's Valentine's fault. And last September never happened...
    Posted by august271985[/QUOTE]

How can it be B.V. 's fault if the team had 75% of the players that went thru the worst nite mare in the last two months of the season last season to today?

This team is not good enough.  No Chemistry, no clutch hitting, no deep starting pitching, too many injuries, bad signings,etc!!!  Blame all Theo before blaming B.V.!!!

If Doc River is the manager, he would have the same outcome as B.V.!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Lloyd, would you rather wait until the team is 20 games below? What's the limit on bad fits, bad hires--oh, that's right, the Sox still employ CC. Never mind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Valentine is managing at a below .500 clip with a team that while not a playoff team going into the year, certainly was expected to win 90. It's been a long time for a Sox team to be this bad. You have to fire somebody.

But the previous manager ended on a 7-20 run.  And the team didn't upgrade, and they've had horrible luck with injuries.  We've had the Three Stooges in the outfield some nights.  It's a complete disaster right now.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

dcater please man. The team did not respond to Tito. Why are you blaming the manager? Does anyone here really think the team would be better with Tito or any other manager?

It ain't BV's fault.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I still think there's a lot of talent on that field--AGON, Pedroia, Ortiz and Lester, Beckett, Clay, Aceves, Bard...Team is settling for losing. Manager has to take responsibility.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I've seen all I've needed to see on the managerial prowess of one Bobby V. He's not a good fit, and it's better to shock what's left of a pulse in the dugout.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bring in Mike Lowell, Tek, somebody who is not far removed from playing. Need energy, not Bobby V and his many expressions of boredom or disgust.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The lack of Ellsbury has killed this team but even with everyone healthy the pitcher are just too good to be this bad. At some point they need just to pitch to their career averages this would be a 500 team.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If you remove Bobby and keep Beckett, Beckett wins Red Sox Nation loses.

Bobby stays, Beckett needs to go and Buch goes to AAA  with Salty, promote Lavarnway and bring Mortenson back. Elevate Padilla to the rotation taking Buch's place.

Beckett is desperate--praising the pen and the position players--rallying support, he knows the fanbase is tired of his act. I hope BenC is working the phone--the guy can still do it--NYY, LAA, maybe the Nationals, maybe the Mets. He can be moved--don't give up trying to trade him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Like Youkilis, Beckett is untradeable right now. You can't unload someone who offers very little. It's several months too late. Youks can regain trade value by starting to hit again. Beckett? Forget it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Lloyd, would you rather wait until the team is 20 games below? What's the limit on bad fits, bad hires--oh, that's right, the Sox still employ CC. Never mind.
    Look, Valentine is not the only problem here. Crawford has been hurt the whole year; Ellsbury has missed all but seven games. Youkilis is out and was playing like crap when he was supposedly healthy. Gonzalez has hit as many home runs as Darnell McDonald. And the team ERA is 29th out of 30 MLB teams. I never wanted Valentine, but I can't hold him responsible for all of that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Bring in Mike Lowell, Tek, somebody who is not far removed from playing. Need energy, not Bobby V and his many expressions of boredom or disgust.
    You mean as a bench coach or first base coach, right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't deny any of what you say, lloyd, I'm simply saying it's not going to get better under BV. So why wait around for the inevitable. I say fire him now, and maybe, just maybe you can have what happened with the NHL Penguins a few years ago when they brought in a no name as coach (journyman Dan Bylsma). I shed no tears for BV nor do I care if he got a fair shot or not. I care about winning.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

lloyd, it doesn't matter who comes into manage. It's a year that already is basically over. You can call it a learning curve, whatever, bring in a stopgap guy, or bring in a young buck who fires up the troops. Something needs to be done from a leadership standpoint.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

The best thing he has been doing is keeping his starters out there for a full seven, if they are able. They need to be stronger not softer.

Where do you see Beckett last night if we had a different manager?  Where would Elles or AGon be if we had a different leader? 

This team cannot blame the manager especially after they turned the ears off on a players best friend "Tito".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]I still think there's a lot of talent on that field--AGON, Pedroia, Ortiz and Lester, Beckett, Clay, Aceves, Bard...Team is settling for losing. Manager has to take responsibility.

I only see three talent hitters above....and worst part is that Agon isnt hitting like a middle of the line up hitter.   This team just have too many holes!!