It’s time for the Eck to replace Remy on NESN

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

Re: It’s time for the Eck to replace Remy on NESN

In response to MarilynMonroe's comment:

With all due respect to Jerry Remy, NESN needs to hire Dennis Eckersley as color analyst. He’s funny, insightful and he makes Don Orsillo better.

Couldn't agree more and had been meaning to start a thread about it. Remy is good, Eck is excellent. Very funny and insightful, could be one of the best color guys around if given the chance. Hope Remmy gets well soon, but they should leave Eck in there. Said the same thing when Remy was out for a while with cancer and depression a few years back. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to MarilynMonroe's comment:

With all due respect to Jerry Remy, NESN needs to hire Dennis Eckersley as color analyst. He’s funny, insightful and he makes Don Orsillo better.

I am not ready to give Remy's job away. Given his medical condition he will be gone too soon anyway. I can wait a little while for his replacement and enjoy the RemDawg for as long as he has left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I am not sure that Eckersley is better than Remy.  He is different, but not necessarily better.

The Eck who does the Sunday games for TBS is better than Remy but is also better than the Eck who has filled in for Remy on NESN as the TBS Eck is much more baseball listening thoughtful and intelligent.

You may get tired of the "cheese" and "moss" type comments faster than you may think if he were on NESN every day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Agreed. God bless Remy, and I hope hes ok, but I like Eck better at the mic.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

I am not sure that Eckersley is better than Remy.  He is different, but not necessarily better.

The Eck who does the Sunday games for TBS is better than Remy but is also better than the Eck who has filled in for Remy on NESN as the TBS Eck is much more baseball listening thoughtful and intelligent.

You may get tired of the "cheese" and "moss" type comments faster than you may think if he were on NESN every day.

I agree, charlie. Eck is great as a fill in, but think his style would get old, fast. Also, Bill is right. He does not want any job, full time. He said he's done with the traveling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I don't think we should be counting Remy out just yet.  However...if he does decide to call it a day then I would rather see Rice in the booth over Eck. Eck's style is okay..but only in small doses.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I don't think we should be counting Remy out just yet.  However...if he does decide to call it a day then I would rather see Rice in the booth over Eck. Eck's style is okay..but only in small doses.

No disrespect for Rice, but I have trouble understanding/deciphering what he's trying to explain half the time.

Personally, I'd rather someone more articulate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

All Jim Ed does is talk about his career. It was a great career , but that does not constitute analysis of the game. He would not be my choice in the booth. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Eck is at least an entertaining color man. No more evenings with Jim Ed,please!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No disrespect for Rice, but I have trouble understanding/deciphering what he's trying to explain half the time.

Personally, I'd rather someone more articulate.

[/QUOTE]

I listen to the games on the mlb network so I have the chance to hear all the anouncers.  I'm used to how funny jerry and don are, very entertaining.  Eck makes me laugh but I enjoy remy too.  For me rice is a bit too serious.

If I could choose I would choose eck but as long as remy can do the job I think he should.  I hope he is doing well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxfan56. Show BoSoxfan56's posts

If and when the RemDawg is finished with his broadcasting, pleeeeze NESN, don't replace him with Rob Bradford or I'll have to watch Sox games with the sound off.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone so pleased with the sound of his own voice.....not even Buck or McCarver.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to BoSoxfan56's comment:

If and when the RemDawg is finished with his broadcasting, pleeeeze NESN, don't replace him with Rob Bradford or I'll have to watch Sox games with the sound off.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone so pleased with the sound of his own voice.....not even Buck or McCarver.

I don't know who rob bradford is because I don't get nesn but nobody could worse that buck and mcCarver LOL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tek-9. Show Tek-9's posts

I love Eck, but hes too much of a homer for me to listen to every night 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to BoSoxfan56's comment:

I don't know who rob bradford is because I don't get nesn but nobody could worse that buck and mcCarver LOL!

He's certainly better than McCarver or Buck(in my opinion), but he has a sense of humor that some people might not like.  I think he's pretty witty, but each to their own..

By the way, I goit that letter fom Ted Williams out of the blue.  I've told the story before, but I'll repeat again for you.  I was about 12 yrs old...stopped at the post office on my way to school and there it was...a letter addressed to me.  It was from Ted Williams telling me that he had heard that I was a great ballplayer and to keep it up and someday I might play for the Red Sox.  Well, I never made it to the pro's, but the old Colt-45's came knocking on my door...but that is another story.

The cat is my weezie, a scottish fold who is in his 20's.  I'll be devastated when he goes... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Eck will never replace Remey.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Tek-9's comment:

I love Eck, but hes too much of a homer for me to listen to every night 

Most home team announcers are homers to a point. Not any more then our guys.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Eck is at least an entertaining color man. No more evenings with Jim Ed,please!

Coildn't agree more. Loved watching him hit home runs, "back in the day", but he didn't hit any yesterday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I like Remy but I think Eck is better, he has a bit of a different perspective as a former pitcher. I know a lot of people didn't like Dave Roberts when he helped fill in for Jerry but I thought he was pretty good too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Jamesy2775's comment:

Rob Bradford has only been on a couple times that I remember.

Are you  Marilyn or James today, Pike?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Was thinking the same thing. One has to go

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Was thinking the same thing. One has to go

And they can take JayLeno, with themTongue Out

Sections
Shortcuts