It’s time for the Eck to replace Remy on NESN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: It’s time for the Eck to replace Remy on NESN

In response to Tek-9's comment:

I love Eck, but hes too much of a homer for me to listen to every night 

Home team guys are all homers. If you think Eck is to much of a homer try listening to Hawk Harrelson the Chi-Sox announcer sometime.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I think we are pretty lucky to have the anouncers that we do.  Yes Remy's self serving stuff from a few years back was a bit over the tope for me but that has settled somewhat.  I really think that if you all were to listen to other teams announcers you would see that we have a bunch of great ones!  Eck is doing a great job finning in but he doesn't want it fulltime. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't think we should be counting Remy out just yet.  However...if he does decide to call it a day then I would rather see Rice in the booth over Eck. Eck's style is okay..but only in small doses.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

No disrespect for Rice, but I have trouble understanding/deciphering what he's trying to explain half the time.

Personally, I'd rather someone more articulate.

[/QUOTE]

Rice makes the ears bleed. He is horrific. Hard to understand and has about 3 points of view that get regurgitated over and over and over....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Yes please.

Mandolin player and reluctant admirer of the New York Yankees

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Yes please.

what does your tag mean carnie?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In terms of talking about pitching I think Eck is a fantastic announcer. That being said I love Remy and I wish Hume the best! Get well soon rem dawg!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes please.

what does your tag mean carnie?

[/QUOTE]

I used to work for a carnival and I got a tattoo. Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

if and when that day comes and we say good bye to jerry, I wouldn't mind seeing Tim Wakefield sit with D.O. I love Ek but I know he wouldn't go full time. he splits with ESPN right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to BoSoxfan56's comment:

If and when the RemDawg is finished with his broadcasting, pleeeeze NESN, don't replace him with Rob Bradford or I'll have to watch Sox games with the sound off.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone so pleased with the sound of his own voice.....not even Buck or McCarver.

I don't know who rob bradford is because I don't get nesn but nobody could worse that buck and mcCarver LOL!

He's certainly better than McCarver or Buck(in my opinion), but he has a sense of humor that some people might not like.  I think he's pretty witty, but each to their own..

By the way, I goit that letter fom Ted Williams out of the blue.  I've told the story before, but I'll repeat again for you.  I was about 12 yrs old...stopped at the post office on my way to school and there it was...a letter addressed to me.  It was from Ted Williams telling me that he had heard that I was a great ballplayer and to keep it up and someday I might play for the Red Sox.  Well, I never made it to the pro's, but the old Colt-45's came knocking on my door...but that is another story.

The cat is my weezie, a scottish fold who is in his 20's.  I'll be devastated when he goes... 

What a great story, I hope you kept the letter!

The year after carl yaz retired he came to the opening of an exercise center where my husband worked.  I stood beside him with my one year old and three year old who were dressed in sox gear for a picture.

I sent pictures to friends and family in mass, I live in virginia.

My friend's mother removed all pictures from her living room of her girls when they were young.  My parents removed our high school pictures also so it must be a thing some parents do.

The only photo left in her mom's living room was of me, my sons and carl yaz!  I still have that picture and I still get a kick out of it.

I love your cat's picture, I have a cheeto, ( a mix of a bengel and ociacat) and a hymalain.  Plus I have two labradoodles.

I had the most wonderful hynalain for ten years, she died with kidney disease.  I was so broken hearted, I miss her to this day.  I hope your boy lives for many years to come, he is a beauty!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to Tek-9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love Eck, but hes too much of a homer for me to listen to every night 

Home team guys are all homers. If you think Eck is to much of a homer try listening to Hawk Harrelson the Chi-Sox announcer sometime.

[/QUOTE]

Hawk is the worst ever.  They did a study of accouncers, he rated among the worst as far as homers go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I think we are pretty lucky to have the anouncers that we do.  Yes Remy's self serving stuff from a few years back was a bit over the tope for me but that has settled somewhat.  I really think that if you all were to listen to other teams announcers you would see that we have a bunch of great ones!  Eck is doing a great job finning in but he doesn't want it fulltime. 

I like them both.  I think both remy and eck have dialed it back this year.  I think don is the perfect straight man for either of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

kind of a ghoulish thread considering his past illness...let's not go there until we have to

As always - 100% correct!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

iron, cheese, moss while entertaining at the minute, will get old very fast.  remdog has longevity.  especially now that he has chilled on hawking merchandise and self serving RSN president campaigns. 

can i see eck taking over in the future?  yup.  and he is a perfect fill-in while recovery....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Remy has a mean streak that comes to the surface every now and then. Eck is entertaining but I'm not sure it would hold up if he were doing games every night.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

If and when the RemDawg is finished with his broadcasting, pleeeeze NESN, don't replace him with Rob Bradford or I'll have to watch Sox games with the sound off.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone so pleased with the sound of his own voice.....not even Buck or McCarver.

I don't know who rob bradford is because I don't get nesn but nobody could worse that buck and mcCarver LOL!

He's certainly better than McCarver or Buck(in my opinion), but he has a sense of humor that some people might not like.  I think he's pretty witty, but each to their own..

By the way, I goit that letter fom Ted Williams out of the blue.  I've told the story before, but I'll repeat again for you.  I was about 12 yrs old...stopped at the post office on my way to school and there it was...a letter addressed to me.  It was from Ted Williams telling me that he had heard that I was a great ballplayer and to keep it up and someday I might play for the Red Sox.  Well, I never made it to the pro's, but the old Colt-45's came knocking on my door...but that is another story.

The cat is my weezie, a scottish fold who is in his 20's.  I'll be devastated when he goes... 

The year after carl yaz retired he came to the opening of an exercise center where my husband worked.  I stood beside him with my one year old and three year old who were dressed in sox gear for a picture.

My friend's mother removed all pictures from her living room of her girls when they were young.  My parents removed our high school pictures also so it must be a thing some parents do.

The only photo left in her mom's living room was of me, my sons and carl yaz!  I still have that picture and I still get a kick out of it.

I love your cat's picture, I have a cheeto, ( a mix of a bengel and ociacat) and a hymalain.  Plus I have two labradoodles.

I had the most wonderful hynalain for ten years, she died with kidney disease.  I was so broken hearted, I miss her to this day.  I hope your boy lives for many years to come, he is a beauty!

Yes, I still have the letter....and envelope.

Carl Yaz...another favorite of mine.  Of course, it helps that we're both Polish...LOL.  What a nice picture it must be.  In our dining room we have a framed, signed, authentuicated #8 hanging on the wall.

My wife and I are big-time cat lovers...we have three.  The 3rd one is a feral that we're trying to tame...it's a work in progress...severe PTSD.  A combination bengal and ocicat...wow!  Must be beautiful.  There's that cat show on tv 'my cat from hell' and they've had bengals on there before.  If not mistaken, I think they have loads of energy?

I'm sorry about the loss to kidney disease.  For years now, all we ever feed the cats is IAM's dry food.  It's expensive, but does not have all the fillers that cheap food has that cause kidney failure. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Yes, I still have the letter....and envelope.

Carl Yaz...another favorite of mine.  Of course, it helps that we're both Polish...LOL.  What a nice picture it must be.  In our dining room we have a framed, signed, authentuicated #8 hanging on the wall.

My wife and I are big-time cat lovers...we have three.  The 3rd one is a feral that we're trying to tame...it's a work in progress...severe PTSD.  A combination bengal and ocicat...wow!  Must be beautiful.  There's that cat show on tv 'my cat from hell' and they've had bengals on there before.  If not mistaken, I think they have loads of energy?

I'm sorry about the loss to kidney disease.  For years now, all we ever feed the cats is IAM's dry food.  It's expensive, but does not have all the fillers that cheap food has that cause kidney failure. 

With our new animals we feed them the best food, want these guys to last.

I get a real kick out of that show.  I get a chuckle out of the name, 'my cat from hell'  Why is the show about dogs called the 'dog whisperer' kind of sweet and gentle and the cat show called 'my cat from hell' LOL. 

I give that guy a lot of credit, some of those cats have scratched him pretty badly. He taught a cat to sit, pretty impressive.

I always wanted a bengal but they can still be a bit wild.  They added the occicat to the bengal to calm it down a bit so my cat looks like a bengel but is more tame like a house cat.

He loves to play with my two labradoodles.  One of the dogs is about seventy pounds and the other is about fifty but the cat insists on playing with them.

I hope it works out with your feral cat.  We had a rescue dog.  He was an abused treeing walker coon hound.  Poor guy had issues, they never forget what happens to them when their puppies.  He had a good life with us but never got over the trama of being abused.  We loved him and gave him the best life we could.