It's time to sit, or DFA, Jonny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

It's time to sit, or DFA, Jonny

Chock up another loss because Jonny G. simply cannot cut it anymore. I think he knows it, but Farrell obviously doesn't. He let him hit in the 8th inning, while Nava (and Carp) were available. That 5 hole is vital, and right now, when he's in there, it's a zero.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: It's time to sit, or DFA, Jonny

He should have PH when they brought in the righty, but that doesn't mean they DFA the guy because the manager allowed him to face a righty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Gomes has no business being in there VS. RHP.....far from he should be DFA'd.

He still smashes LHPers, and teams are going to be interested in a guy who can hit lefties well.

He should start vs. LHPs and be taken out against relief RHPers, and he should come off the bench against relief LHPers.

I have no problem benching him against Righties, but he definitely shouldn't be DFA'ed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Gomes should never play for one team more than one year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Farrell definitely should have pinch-hit there.  I think Nava and Carp went 3 for 3 as pinch-hitters the last few games, too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Farrell definitely should have pinch-hit there.  I think Nava and Carp went 3 for 3 as pinch-hitters the last few games, too.

[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking Farkell has short term memory loss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So I should put you on the list of Farell Bashers? Shame on you 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He should have PH when they brought in the righty, but that doesn't mean they DFA the guy because the manager allowed him to face a righty.

[/QUOTE]

He is not hitting, period. And often looks lost in LF. No plusses to offer, why play him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He still smashes LHPers, and teams are going to be interested in a guy who can hit lefties well.

He should start vs. LHPs and be taken out against relief RHPers, and he should come off the bench against relief LHPers.

I have no problem benching him against Righties, but he definitely shouldn't be DFA'ed.

[/QUOTE]

Last 10 games, Jonny is 6 for 27, with 1 BB and 10K. He has driven in 3 runs (FROM THE 5 HOLE) Mostly against lefties! He's washed up, and from his expressions, he knows it. Farrell probably does, too but is a bit timid, sometimes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Last 10 games, Jonny is 6 for 27, with 1 BB and 10K. He has driven in 3 runs (FROM THE 5 HOLE) Mostly against lefties! He's washed up, and from his expressions, he knows it. Farrell probably does, too but is a bit timid, sometimes.

[/QUOTE]

Similar to Tito; he wants all the players to be his friend.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, a platoon/utility player is hitting .222 in his last 10 games and suddenly he's washed up?  I think we can find a similar sample at some point during any season for almost any MLB player, including stars.  While Jonny tends to be a bit more emotive than most players, I'm sure many don't project confidence during their slumps.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he should have PH for Gomes. But thats not why the team lost. They lost because, again, they could not hit with RISP. Both Ortiz and Pedroia GIDP at critical times. They were not the only culprits either. They had lots of company, including Gomes. Gomes might be able to fetch a prospect of some value because of his splits vs LHP. Why would anyone think we should DFA him when we are likely to get something back in return?

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, he didn't do very well against the lefty today. Farrell plays the percentages too much and does not manage with his heart and instincts at all.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is not hitting, period. And often looks lost in LF. No plusses to offer, why play him?

[/QUOTE]

if he is not hitting...so is everyone else!!  wake up....he is not the only guy struggling at the plate....boggie, JBJ, Betts, Drew, etc

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottwad. Show scottwad's posts

He needs to be moved. He may have more value to another team. The novelty is gone.

scottwad24

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, he didn't do very well against the lefty today. Farrell plays the percentages too much and does not manage with his heart and instincts at all.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not for nothing, but in this case, I think Farrell is managing with his heart and instincts.

There is -0- reason to sit Gomes against lefties.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not for nothing, but in this case, I think Farrell is managing with his heart and instincts.

There is -0- reason to sit Gomes against lefties.

[/QUOTE]

Farrell suxs!  Worse than letting Gomes hit was letting Peavy start the last inning.  Farrell is stupid. Farrells's decisions have cost the Sox dozens of games this year.  Failure to bunt in normal situations, running to end threats all to please some of his players.  Get rid of this unimaginative loser.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Going back to 6/22, and using full game stats since I don't feel like checking all the RPs-

• 6/22 v L 3-5
    • 6/25 v R 0-4 
    • 6/27 v L 1-2
    • 7/2 v L 1-5
    • 7/5 v R 0-3
    • 7/5 v L 1-1
    • 7/8 v L 1-3
    • 7/9 v L 2-3
    • 7/10 v L 0-3
    • 7/12 v L 0-4

9-26 against lefties

0-7 against righties

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't you just look up the fact that against LHP in 2014 Gomes is .306/.403/.429/.832 before making ridiculous statements like he should be DFA'd?

Oh, wait, you've seen his expressions on tv.  His. Expressions. On. TV.  That says far more about you than it does about Jonny Gomes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Chock up another loss because Jonny G. simply cannot cut it anymore. I think he knows it, but Farrell obviously doesn't. He let him hit in the 8th inning, while Nava (and Carp) were available. That 5 hole is vital, and right now, when he's in there, it's a zero.

[/QUOTE]I hear you...... Its just that if Johnny Gomes had been on the TITANIC, that SHIP would never have SUNK  !!!   Gomes is a WINNNNAAA   !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I don't have a clue as to why this needs to be explained to so many posters.

1-Assuming JBJ and Betts are starting, as they should, against a lefty, here are our choices-

• Gomes .832 OPS
    • Nava    .254 OPS
    • Carp    .377 OPS
    • Drew    .195 OPS (assumes moving Holt fm SS to LF)

2-In other words, there are no configurations, with our current roster, that would suggest anyone else start in LF against lefties, other than Gomes.

3-But none of that matters.  What matters is, can someone explain to me why we would even give two seconds of thought to starting anyone else?  

25. This post has been removed.