It's time!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

It's time!

Time for Ben to get on the horn and coax both Tek and Wake out of retirement.
    I know you think I am crazy, but losing their leadership has hurt this team. They were a stabilizing force that is desperately needed, IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: It's time!

In Response to It's time!:
    Time for Ben to get on the horn and coax both Tek and Wake out of retirement. I know you think I am crazy, but losing their leadership has hurt this team. They were a stabilizing force that is desperately needed, IMO.
    Posted by harv53

You might be rite, this team needs something, im not happy with Salty or Shopvac...... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to It's time!:
    Time for Ben to get on the horn and coax both Tek and Wake out of retirement. I know you think I am crazy, but losing their leadership has hurt this team. They were a stabilizing force that is desperately needed, IMO.
    Posted by harv53

Were they on the roster when the team fell apart in the last two months of the season last year?

Come on, they just got no deep starting pitching staffs, lack of clutch hitters, too many injuries, lack of talents in farm system, etc.

Wanna know who to blame, Theo!!!!!!  He is the one made a mess.  There is not much Ben can do.  IF MLB play NFL rules such as they can release players by not paying them anymore, then Ben C would have an easier time to do it.  But with all that stupid overpaid guarantee contracts, there is not much move that Ben can do with this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

You know things are bad when Red Sox Nation and the FO think that adding ANOTHER 4 inning / 100 pitch starter (DiceK) to the rotation will be a welcome sight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Re: It's time!:
    In Response to It's time! : Were they on the roster when the team fell apart in the last two months of the season last year? Come on, they just got no deep starting pitching staffs, lack of clutch hitters, too many injuries, lack of talents in farm system, etc. Wanna know who to blame, Theo!!!!!!  He is the one made a mess.  There is not much Ben can do.  IF MLB play NFL rules such as they can release players by not paying them anymore, then Ben C would have an easier time to do it.  But with all that stupid overpaid guarantee contracts, there is not much move that Ben can do with this team.
    Posted by GoUconn13

It was actaully the last month that things went downhill, but I blame Francona for that. He lost control. sure Theo made some bonehead personnel moves but Ben has followed suit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

where was their leadership last year? what about Wake's selfsh pursuit to win 200 games?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

where was their leadership last year? what about Wake's selfsh pursuit to win 200 games?
    Posted by EnchiladaT

At least he WANTED to win, which is more than I can say for Beckett.
    Besides, what's wrong with chasing a personal milestone. it would be no different for a 3,000th hit or any other personal goal.
    Not his fault the BP and defense failed him so many times. He gave it his all for 17 years on this club and did whatever they wanted him to do. Not much to ask in return.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I understand but I cannot believe you really think either of those two would be helping the team on any level right now. I cannot belive that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm with the burrito man on that, and I'm Wakefield's biggest fan other than moon/harv53. Wakefield probably would have made more of a difference than Tek, but bottom line is that when you have a SP staff that is a brutal as this one, it's trying to fill one hole when there a 5 or 6 other holes. I love Tek, I love Wake, and now it's time to turn the page. The sad part is that both really did want to play this season, and I would have been just fine with that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

And I don't want moon to think I think he was a big fan of Wake, he actually wasn't, but felt it was necessary to show everyone that he was far from being mediocre. He did it out of the principle and that's noble.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Harv53..... Better hope that SOFTY/HANKWILLIAMS does not see this thread !!!Money mouth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: It's time! : At least he WANTED to win, which is more than I can say for Beckett. Besides, what's wrong with chasing a personal milestone. it would be no different for a 3,000th hit or any other personal goal. Not his fault the BP and defense failed him so many times. He gave it his all for 17 years on this club and did whatever they wanted him to do. Not much to ask in return.
    Posted by harv53

Wakefield wanted to win?????  Look at the records between Beckett and Wakefield in the last two months of the season last year.

Beckett: 4-3in 10 starts
    Wakefield: 1-4 in 10 starts.

So therefore, who really want to win and help the team to get into the post season.  It was Beckett, not wakefield.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

I'm with the burrito man on that, and I'm Wakefield's biggest fan other than moon/harv53. Wakefield probably would have made more of a difference than Tek, but bottom line is that when you have a SP staff that is a brutal as this one, it's trying to fill one hole when there a 5 or 6 other holes. I love Tek, I love Wake, and now it's time to turn the page. The sad part is that both really did want to play this season, and I would have been just fine with that.
    Posted by dannycater

I realize that this looks like a desperate measure, but it is looking more and more desperate for this team.
    Maybe I'm overstating the rapport that a pitcher needs with his catcher, but I do think it makes a big difference. I'm just not seeing it with Salty or Shop. I also know that as professionals, pitchers should be able to pitch to any catcher but pitching is as much mental as physical, and if the comfort isn't there, it can be trouble.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

This team has 3 major problems in my mind.  Unfortunately, they are Beckett, Lackey, and CC.  Together they are what 57million this year, almost 1/3 of the payroll, and we have gotten either 0 production(Lackey and CC, or less than replacement production(beckett).  All that payroll tied up and no way to bring in the depth the FO and all of us knew we needed.  Lackey was an overpayment that I can say was the right idea, but CC and Beckett's deals were just plain bad buisness.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Their "leadership" cost millions a year for zero playoff wins and poor player performance. It's time to make a blockbuster trade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

This team has 3 major problems in my mind.  Unfortunately, they are Beckett, Lackey, and CC.  Together they are what 57million this year, almost 1/3 of the payroll, and we have gotten either 0 production(Lackey and CC, or less than replacement production(beckett).  All that payroll tied up and no way to bring in the depth the FO and all of us knew we needed.  Lackey was an overpayment that I can say was the right idea, but CC and Beckett's deals were just plain bad buisness.
    Posted by fl+adam,

What about Youkilis making 12 million dollars a year from last year to this year, and only played 120 games year to only 18 games this year.

What about Agonz after signing the contract extension last year?  he have done little for the team in the last two months of the season last year to this season.

What about Big Papi?  Missing over 10 games in the month of August at the same time he only had one HR in the month of Sept last season.

I can go on and on.

Beckett is not the only guy not honoring his contract, but there are so many of them.   Same goes to many other teams!!  Holladay is now struggling for the Phillies!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

OP should drink more herbal tea.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Re: It's time! : Wakefield wanted to win?????  Look at the records between Beckett and Wakefield in the last two months of the season last year. Beckett: 4-3in 10 starts Wakefield: 1-4 in 10 starts. So therefore, who really want to win and help the team to get into the post season.  It was Beckett, not wakefield.
    Posted by GoUconn13

You may recall that the BP or the defense wasn't exactly a friend of Wake.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scorieger. Show scorieger's posts

It seems to be another lost year with no immediate answers.  The main problem is that we have absolutely no depth at starting pitching, heck we don't even have starting pitching.  We're going to have to deal somebody that is wanted by other teams to get somebody.  Who is it going to be?  Youk?  He'll have to get healthy and produce before that happens, and he's only going to bring a marginal starter or prospect.  Beckett?  Maybe deal a problem for a problem, but that's just cutting off the nose to spite the face, and we'll still need pitchers, to boot.  Papi?  10/5 guy, will he okay a deal to move on?  Ellsbury would bring a quality arm, and maybe more if/when he gets healthy - strong possibility that we can't keep him either.  Lavarnway might bring back an arm, too - bats are nice, and he has promise, but we can have the 1978 lineup, and lose 8-6 everynight if we don't have any arms.  It is looking bleak.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: It's time! : Wakefield wanted to win?????  Look at the records between Beckett and Wakefield in the last two months of the season last year. Beckett: 4-3in 10 starts Wakefield: 1-4 in 10 starts. So therefore, who really want to win and help the team to get into the post season.  It was Beckett, not wakefield.
    Posted by GoUconn13

I guess you didn't bother to watch Beckett's final two starts?  OK then....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

But no, Tek and Wake are done.  They need to be separated from the team for at least a year......maybe come back as coaches......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beezer. Show beezer's posts

never mind wake or tek- back the bus up & fill it  old slow injured team, get rid of youk,ortiz ( not a problem ), aviles,ross, salty, gonzo,crawful, & beck, lack, dice, padilla

Sections
Shortcuts