It's unofficial Lowrie is the starting SS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: It's unofficial Lowrie is the starting SS

He was easily thrown out at 2nd on a foolish steal attemp, in a close game with the sluggers due up...

You think he ran "on his own"?

This sounds like your rant against "Jake" for stealing home that time vs NY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: It's unofficial Lowrie is the starting SS:
    [QUOTE]tom, what are your thoughts on using Jed at 3B vs almost all LHPs and Youk at DH (yes, it limits our bench flex, but give Kevin valuable rest). That could be about 35-40 games. Givehim 5 games at 2B. Then give him 80-90 at SS (mostly vs RHPs) and he's at  about 120 games. That's with no major injuries to the IF or DH.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

This is what I said back in the winter... Jed deserves to play EVERY game vs.  a lefty and both Youk and Papi need rest... there are still those handful of lefties Papi hits well that he can play against

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

The only reason they signed Scutaro is because Lowerie hasn't been 100% healthy or healthy enough to play these past few years.  In 08, he played exactly half a season and left one pondering that if he had played a full year, despite not hitting for average, and not hitting for power, maybe he would've had 80-90 rbi. Which means he hit when it counted. 09 was 09. Last year, he started showing more pop and hitting for a better average, however playing just one-third of the season leaves much to be desired. Ok, enough with the history lesson. He's 27. Scutaro is in his last year (with the Sox). Inglesias might be brought up next year (if everything goes well). For anyone who wants to see more Lowrie these next two years will get their wish.  I don't see that much diffence between Scutaro's defense than Lowrie's defense. Nothing game-changing that is. Some people on this board also seem to think Cameron is somehow our best defensive OF, but that's poppycock and denilism and a whole 'nother argument as I'm digressing. For the interim, I'm very pleased with the SS platoon with a strong lean towards Lowrie.  I also don't see Youk DH-ing that much to be honest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

Ive stated on numerous board topics that he is by far the better all around player.  Your not loosing anything by having Scutaro as a utility guy. When your not playing well, the hotter hand should always play over the cold player.

I also like Lowrie batting leadoff.  High onbase and makes contact.  Move Crawford down until he gets back on track.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

" I also like Lowrie batting leadoff.  High onbase and makes contact. " -jb12bb

This idea intrigues me.  Probably one of the better, more creative suggestions I've heard in a while.