It's very early, but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's very early, but...

...the top WAR guys (on offense) on the Sox are Salty &  Victorino at +0.3. 

What's interesting is all the ex-Sox players at +0.4 or above:

12) Lowrie 0.7

22) Crawford 0.6

26) Crisp 0.6

30) Youkilis 0.5

50) B Moss 0.4

82) AGon  0.3

On pitching:

6) Masterson  0.7

9) Lester  0.6 (I believe before today's game)

29) Buchholz 0.3

75) Dempster 0.1

99) Aceves -0.2

not enough innings:

Bailey  0.2

Doub 0.1

Lack 0.1

Some notables discussed this winter:

Staring Pitchers:

8) C Lee 0.6

10) Greinke 0.5 (Injured)

11) Shields  0.5

12) A Sanchez 0.5

14) B Anderson 0.5

15) Maholm 0.4

21) E Jackson 0.3

24) Lannan 0.3

30) B Zito 0.3

31) McCarthey 0.3

35) G Floys 0.3

37) Felix H 0.3

40) Lohse 0.3

89) Porcello 0.0

93) Lincecum -0.1

95) T Hanson -0.1

98) Dickey -0.1

Offense:

2) J Upton 0.9

14) Bourn 0.7

33) M Morse 0.5

59) A Pagan 0.4

64) A Gordon 0.3

80) K Morales 0.3

84) Swisher 0.3

87) B Butler 0.2

199) VMart -0.4

200) A Soriano -0.5

201) Josh Ham -0.5

Team UZR/150

Sox #9 overall

1B  23rd -13.8

2B  27th -35.7

SS 9th 26.8

3B 18th -18.6

LF 16th -3.6

CF 22nd -20.2

RF 3rd  67.7

SS & RF are the only plus positions 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: It's very early, but...

Leaders in OPS (20+ PAs)

2) Nava  1.467

32) Iggy 1.026

72) Midd  .874

78) Salty .856

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

damn moon, you been crunching numbers all night? lol

some pretty good info here. would be nice if we could update this every month or 2. So we have an idea if we are improving/declining as the year goes on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Do not get why people want to get rid of Salty...I would take him on the Yanks in a heartbeat...Not sure if Youk's numbers will last, but  he is having a very good start....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

Do not get why people want to get rid of Salty...I would take him on the Yanks in a heartbeat...Not sure if Youk's numbers will last, but  he is having a very good start....

If he can stay healthy there's no reason why not.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

If he can stay healthy there's no reason why not.

It's very rare for a very good hitter to lose his skillset so drastically and all at once at the age of 32-34. Injuries certainly played a big part in Youk's steep decline, and his return to health and improved numbers should not surprise anyone.

Youk pulled another rare feat for 6 straight seasons: he improved his OPS from his rookie season of a respectable .780 to .975 by age 31 (2010). Then, suddenly he dropped to .833 and .745 in shortened (by injury) seasons. (2010 was also shortended).

One interesting note: since Youk's "decline" began in 2011, he still has an OPS vs LHPs of .928! That's the 13th best MLB OPS vs LHPs in this time period (300+ PAs) andplaces him one ahead of Pedey.

Since 2008, Youk has the 4th best OPS vs LHPs at 1.006. Only Pujols, Wright, and Braun are better. Youk's OPS vs LHPs is better than Kemp, Miggy and other great hitters.

Overall, vs lefties and righties since 2008 (2500+ PAs)?

1) Pujols .997

2) Miggy  .978

3) Votto  .969

4) Fielder .943

5) Braun  .935

6) Holliday .911

7) Bautista .907

8) Hamilton .906

9) A Gon  .901

10) Ortiz  .900

11) Youkilis .899

Followed by Tex, Mauer, Longoria, ARod, Cano and others...

34) Pedroia

65) Crawford

68) Victorino

72) C Ross

76) S Drew

87) Scutaro

(108 players have 2500+ PAs since 2008.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Your working hard moonman........  But, does it matter ???   As a famous  S O S would say..........  "What difference does it make"  ?????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I love stats usually, but right now the wins and losses are dominating my outlook--better than I expected, especially starters.  Hitting should improve. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Nothing more informative than WAR and a half a dozen baseball games worth of stats.

funny, you were setting dudes fates into stone after half of a half a dozen games worth os stats.

why the change of heart? oh wait, i know, it's because it doesn't fit your narrative. I'm surprised you even responded.. usually you just ignore stats that disprove your bogus theories.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

funny, you were setting dudes fates into stone after half of a half a dozen games worth os stats.

No, I was not. But, while the Board is looking at these stats, anyone noticed the BA and OBP for leadoff hitter role Ellsbury? Also, anyone notice the OPS for Napoli? Look at the BA for Gomes. Take a look at S. Drew's stats. Critical to rush him off the DL.

What is clear is that Oakland has better middle managment, but so does almost every other MLB team.

feel free to go trade in your pink hat fora green one..... no one will miss you. besides, Oakland forums.... it's an untapped market!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Nothing more informative than WAR and a half a dozen baseball games worth of stats.

Funny how 1 to 2 games worth of stats are worthy of mentioning when it suits your fancy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No, I was not. But, while the Board is looking at these stats, anyone noticed the BA and OBP for leadoff hitter role Ellsbury? Also, anyone notice the OPS for Napoli? Look at the BA for Gomes. Take a look at S. Drew's stats. Critical to rush him off the DL.

"There you go again!"

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What is clear is that Oakland has better middle managment, but so does almost every other MLB team.

When I stated that the Rays are the model for small market teams, you said it was all about "rings" and that the Marlins were stilkl the model for small market teams due to the 2 rings.

1) Still feel that way?

2) How many rings does the A's middle management have thus far? (And, the Sox?)

3) Cue goalpost moving, diversions, or something about Wake.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

is it possible that bill and softy are plants from the BDC?

i find it hard to believe that anyone could be as clueless and abrasive as those 2 unless thay are set up to be just that.

Ive thought that for a while. Forums like this usually put a couple posters in to "stir the pot". especially in this market where fans are pretty knowledgable and passionate. It garners lots of hits for their site.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

i find it hard to believe that anyone could be as clueless and abrasive as those 2 unless thay are set up to be just that.

Ive thought that for a while. Forums like this usually put a couple posters in to "stir the pot". especially in this market where fans are pretty knowledgable and passionate. It garners lots of hits for their site.

i don't think so. if Softy worked for BDC then he wouldn't have went over to talksox when he got banned after his recent blowup over the J Upton trade.

it WOULD explain why Bill can say racist things and fill every post with politics without getting banned.. but i doubt that too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

i don't think so. if Softy worked for BDC then he wouldn't have went over to talksox when he got banned after his recent blowup over the J Upton trade.

it WOULD explain why Bill can say racist things and fill every post with politics without getting banned.. but i doubt that too.

I doubt they are "plants", except maybe in the "potted" sense, but when you still see the Sox Collapse story on tihe front pages, you know they like to keep the pot stirred.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I doubt they are "plants", except maybe in the "potted" sense, but when you still see the Sox Collapse story on tihe front pages, you know they like to keep the pot stirred.

MOON, i wouldn't expect you "of all people" to fall for that garbage from the others......  Those guys need to "come in out of the rain"  !!!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I didnt mean those 2 specifically, but the idea itself.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Southfaux, is a managment PR shill.

Moonshwemp is a NYT shill.

This thread is a "moving goalposts".

yes, I was hired by the Red Sox to promote the team and the management. Boy sir, your too good for me. you should team with Pike and solve all the forum "mysteries". dolt.

Sections
Shortcuts