It's very sad that so many are giving up on Adrian Gonzalez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: It's very sad that so many are giving up on Adrian Gonzalez

Perhaps most Boston fans just want to see some emotion from Gonzalez. He is the new JD Drew. And perhaps many expected him to be hitting homers or at least peppering the wall at Fenway. Fans have a right to grumble and overlook his current slump. Just as you have a right to start this thread. All Sox fans are never going to agree on players and their output or effort. Simple. I am sure many will disagree with this: Agon was not needed. Sox should have kept Youk at first and re-signed Beltre and Victor.  Having said that, does not equate to my lack of support for the man. I hope he gets on track just as much as I hope the Sox start showing up to play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Salty is worth all the $ and interest from RSN. Gonzo I am not sure about, he looks pretty pathetic right now - 0 for 8 in ONE game!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think if Gonzalez would start to actually try to play better, people would warm up to him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

In Response to Re: It's very sad that so many are giving up on Adrian Gonzalez:
    Zillagod, all I have to say is "hear hear!" I actually wrote to Eric Wilbur today in response to his overly-critical article about Gonzalez...I'm glad someone else shares my view: let him/them play, and give the team a chance to right the ship before forcing it down through the weight of our criticism.
    Posted by redsoxu571
      I agree as well with the subject of this thread and you cited a major factor as to why some fans are too quick to verbally criticize and chastize players under the guise of passion for the team.  The media does it all the time and their ignorant and self-serving rhetoric fuels the fires of those who love to complain and play the blame game when a team is struggling. 

In my opinion, so-called fans of a team who are constantly complaining about certain players underachieving are faux (false) fans.   That's not to say that real fans do not experience frustration, disappointment and even anger, but what they do not feel compelled to do is share those negative emotions in writing.  Real fans celebrate and enjoy success and recognize that failure is common from one game or week to the next.  They accept what they cannot control or change and look forward to positive change when times are tough. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Some of you have to understand - we waited so long to see JD Drew and his indifference go away; only to have Drew immediately supplanted by Gonzalez as the pinnacle of indifference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Adrian Gonzalez will be fine. 

We should be more worried with the pitching. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to It's very sad that so many are giving up on Adrian Gonzalez:
    I'm sick of it. If you've been posting here for any length of time , you will know what I am talking about. The word was that Theo was "actively" trying to acquire Saltalamacchia and Gonzalez. These guys were on his radar for so long. We had regular posters with their "get Salty" posts. These were two dream players that all of the Fenway faithful could agree would NOT fail! Okay, Theo did his part, he brought these coveted players to Boston...many of you rejoiced. Some over reacted and had Gonzalez as an MVP before his first Red Sox at bat. it's sad though, these two are not quite the "instant" sensations that many of you expected. I see two guys who got thrust into a new market, a tough market where what you did yesterday is only good for about 12 hours. They cannot be in a slump, they cannot struggle or they are classified as failures. Salty is maybe never going to be Jason Varitek or Carlton Fisk. He may even be replaced by Lavarnway before long....does this mean he's "trash?" There aren't that many "great" catchers in the game....how about giving him a chance? I am not talking about a season or half-season. Give the guy a chance. Gonzalez is the real deal. He is a talented 1st baseman, he can flat out hit. I am thinking he will never hit well enough to satisify this bandwagon fanbase. He is not Ted Williams or Yastrzemski. He is going to be fine, he has been around too long to be a fluke. Can we let these guys have a slump or two without calling for their release or a trade? How about sticking with your guys for a change? These two are worth sticking with, these guys are winners, not whiners.

G
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Salty is just an average player and would be a backup on most teams. I never understood the hype before he came here, didn't think that he was very good. In fact he has played better than I expected. Gonzalez will be fine, he's an all star caliber player and will be again once he snaps out of his slump. He isn't a Manny Ramirez but he's good. 

The sox have so many holes to fill that its going to take a few good years of rebuilding through free agency, drafts, and trades. They have about 4 or 5 decent young players who are just that, decent. Pedrioa is the best player on the team. The need pitching the most. Imo they finish 81-81 this year, in 4th or 5th place in the east.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Salt & Praya

Sections
Shortcuts