J. D. DREW

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbksunset1. Show lbksunset1's posts

J. D. DREW

How many times should we look at him not swinging at a ball right over the plate for strike three. Please sit him down so we can watch Reddick develope or get someone else. Looking at strike three seems like the guy can't see anymore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: J. D. DREW

How many times do we have to see yet another J.D. Drew thread. You would figure that the first few hundred this season would have been enough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: J. D. DREW:
    [QUOTE]How many times do we have to see yet another J.D. Drew thread. You would figure that the first few hundred this season would have been enough.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

There are never enough. As long as Terry Francona puts him in the field and Theo Epstien keeps him on the team, fans can start threads. He's a $14M a year ballplayer who looks like he doesn't give a bleep, who's hitting .223 and slugging the same.  

Enough said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. D. DREW : There are never enough. As long as Terry Francona puts him in the field and Theo Epstien keeps him on the team, fans can start threads. He's a $14M a year ballplayer who looks like he doesn't give a bleep, who's hitting .223 and slugging the same.   Enough said.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

If its enough said why do we need another thread about the same subject?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. D. DREW : If its enough said why do we need another thread about the same subject?
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Why do we have to see him in right field all the time?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. D. DREW : Why do we have to see him in right field all the time?
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

So who should have been in right field the past month?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. D. DREW : So who should have been in right field the past month?
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

A mannequin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

ibksunset1 you could have saved us all by simply putting this as a singular post in one of the many possible threads rather than start another JD specific thread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

I WOULD RATHER SEE THEM DFA DREW, PLAY REDDICK, AND
    SIGN REYES OF THE METS AND RELEASE SCUTARO. MAYBE
    LOWRIE CAN RETURN ONE OF THESE YEARS AS A BACKUP.
    WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO KALISH ? WILL WESTMORELAND
    EVER RETURN TO BASEBALL ? RIGHT NOW, DREW IS A
    DRAG ON THE LINEUP. BY THE WAY, FRANCONA LOST TONITE'S
    GAME BECAUSE OF HIS DEVOTION TO TIMMY....BUT WHAT
    THE HECK....WHO CARES ABOUT THE TEAM AND THE STANDINGS ?
    YOU GOTTA TAKE CARE THAT YOU DON'T HURT TIM'S EGO !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

And see what happens when J.D. Drew is taken out of the game?  I don't think any team will take this guy, but if they could pay everything but $500K, get rid of him, put Reddick in right, and bring Sutton back up. 

They don't need this guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

J.D. - It's been nice having you, but if tonight is any indication, it's been nice having you on the bench.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]And see what happens when J.D. Drew is taken out of the game?  I don't think any team will take this guy, but if they could pay everything but $500K, get rid of him, put Reddick in right, and bring Sutton back up.  They don't need this guy.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

He should be benched.  But I really hope that was hyperbole saying that you would rather have Sutton as your 4th outfielder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. D. DREW : He should be benched.  But I really hope that was hyperbole saying that you would rather have Sutton as your 4th outfielder.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

He would be the 5th outfielder. McDonald would be their 4th. 
    Bring up Sutton, or even Lavarnway as a RH bat/DH/3rd catcher. His number speak for themselves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J. D. DREW : He would be the 5th outfielder. McDonald would be their 4th.  Bring up Sutton, or even Lavarnway as a RH bat/DH/3rd catcher. His number speak for themselves.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

yeah but see Mcdonald is hitting way worse than Drew and they have Navarro that can back up the infield. Why Sutton?  Although yeah Lavarnway is ripping it up if you just wanted a bat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Red Sox should send JD Drew to Korea for Chan Ho Park. 

On a serious note, the Red Sox should bench Drew.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

RELEASE HIM or waive him or sent him down to pawtucket for an eye exam or something. Right NOW I rather have Riddick hit then Drew.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

I think at this point drew has played himself out of a starting role on this team. Reddick should be the everyday start and drew can ride the pine. Enough is enough. Drew flat out sucks. He brings nothin to this team and I think its safe to say that drew aint gunna go on one of his hotstreaks this year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Drew has played his way out of baseball. He should retire, and I think he has already quit in his head. He said this would be his final season, so obviously he must have felt for some time that his skills have diminished, more so as a hitter than a fielder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

Not so fast on the "he brings nothing to this team" talk. I agree that he is atrocious at the plate (and his ho hum, oh well, I struck out, dum dee dum dum dum attitude makes it a lot worse for fans to handle), but I'd rather see him patrolling RF defensively far above anyone else the Sox have. He's not stellar, but he is really good. He has surprisingly good range, makes good routes, and reads the movement of the ball really well. I like his defense, especially this season, so I hesitate to say, "that's it, dump the bum."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Mate go and join the other Ostriches in the Paddock. Be sure to clearly bury your head in the sand, JD useless has retired, mentally at least. He plays the outfield on instinct, he has always gotten a good jump on the ball when hit his way. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way at the plate. Have you had a good look at this guy on TV. His face looks like a 45 year old man, puffy, out of shape. The guy is toast. He needs to go to the bench. He actually needs to be DFA. That will never happen , however. The Kosher Butcher from Brookline would have to eat a lot of crow, Drew stays, Reddick goes. That's life, it ain't right but that's baseball.

[QUOTE]Not so fast on the "he brings nothing to this team" talk. I agree that he is atrocious at the plate (and his ho hum, oh well, I struck out, dum dee dum dum dum attitude makes it a lot worse for fans to handle), but I'd rather see him patrolling RF defensively far above anyone else the Sox have. He's not stellar, but he is really good. He has surprisingly good range, makes good routes, and reads the movement of the ball really well. I like his defense, especially this season, so I hesitate to say, "that's it, dump the bum."
    Posted by bigpanther98[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts