J. Upton Market was Cheap, Low Quality and Typical Quantity (Incompetent Cherry you should have deal set with our without Braves!)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Softlaw:

"J. Upton is, I repeat, is worth our #1 prospect."

"The market of an incompetent GM is to pay 10 million FA ticket to Ellsbury and pretend that there's more long term value and fit in hanging on to Bogaerts."

"Anyone want to defend holding back the #1 prospect for J. Upton?"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Trading for Upton and keeping Ellsbury are not mutually exclusive.

In your patronizing comment on a trade that showed how easy and cheap the currency was to acquire J. Upton, you make no sense at all.

Disagree.  I have said all along that I am interested in trading for Upton if it is an opportunity to buy low.  The package shows that the Braves bought low.

Yes, I would have been interested in trading for Upton for the price paid by ATL.  You are upset because the Sox didnt try harder to move Ellsbury in a deal for Upton.  I'm saying: I would have been willing to move Ellsbury in a deal for Upton, but Im more mad at the fact that we hardly tried to get Upton (with or without Ellsbury).

It almost seems like you are more mad that we blew a chance to get rid of Ellsbury.  Im mad because we blew a chance to buy low on a 25 yr old 30 HR right fielder.  Nothing to do with Ellsbury.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

What's funny is that you don't have a clue on the purpose of a "no trade list" and how many times players waive it to get extensions because that's typically the reason for teams being listed. Each year, Upton and his agent were changing that list to account for market and likely trade market targets that Upton and his agent want leverage with.

The list of players who waive no-trade and get extensions is long.

Any chance you could post the list?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In your patronizing comment on a trade that showed how easy and cheap the currency was to acquire J. Upton, you make no sense at all.

Disagree.  I have said all along that I am interested in trading for Upton if it is an opportunity to buy low.  The package shows that the Braves bought low.

Yes, I would have been interested in trading for Upton for the price paid by ATL.  You are upset because the Sox didnt try harder to move Ellsbury in a deal for Upton.  I'm saying: I would have been willing to move Ellsbury in a deal for Upton, but Im more mad at the fact that we hardly tried to get Upton (with or without Ellsbury).

It almost seems like you are more mad that we blew a chance to get rid of Ellsbury.  Im mad because we blew a chance to buy low on a 25 yr old 30 HR right fielder.  Nothing to do with Ellsbury.

That has always been the case. From Kemp to AGon to Upton... who's next?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Drew, debating what teams and how is meaningless. The fact is that the Braves manifest a weak market that absolutely could have and should have included Ellsbury as currency. In fact, it's ironic how the Braves offer and the palyers involved and the Red Sox and Braves roster consturction screams of Ellsbury to Braves and J. Upton to Red Sox.

Your position:  The fact is that the Braves manifest a weak market that absolutely could have and should have included Ellsbury as currency.

My Position:  The fact is that the Braves manifest a weak market that absolutely could have and should have been topped.  Including Ellsbury as currency is one option; however, if this could not be achieved, the Sox should have pursued other means of acquiring Upton at the buy low price.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

That has always been the case. From Kemp to AGon to Upton... who's next?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Softlaw has a "thing" for Ellsbury that clouds his thinking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Softlaw:

"The market of an incompetent GM is to pay 10 million FA ticket to Ellsbury and pretend that there's more long term value and fit in hanging on to Bogaerts."

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya we could have easily put together a better offer without including ellsbury. ben dropped the ball, plain and simple. after trade agonz, we needed to replace his bat and justin upton would have been that guy. instead we sign washed up players like victorino who dont even fit what the team needs and scum like gomes who has little value. an outfield of ellsbury, j,upton and kalish would have been much better than the crap we have now. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya we could have easily put together a better offer without including ellsbury. ben dropped the ball, plain and simple. after trade agonz, we needed to replace his bat and justin upton would have been that guy. instead we sign washed up players like victorino who dont even fit what the team needs and scum like gomes who has little value. an outfield of ellsbury, j,upton and kalish would have been much better than the crap we have now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Softlaw:

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Softlaw:

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Most of you have changed your avatar picture.   :)

I was thinking of changing mine to Tom Brady but they lost.   LOL

Sections
Shortcuts