J. Upton Market was Cheap, Low Quality and Typical Quantity (Incompetent Cherry you should have deal set with our without Braves!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

That was fast.

What was the banned moniker after billy boy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I didn't see one after billyboy. I was commenting on how fast billyboy got banned.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

That was fast.

idk the mods were too quick lol. he is going to lose it. he definitely needs some time to cool off.

we all knew it was coming too. J Upton got traded to another team and Jacoby is still on the red sox? recipe for stiffy disaster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

That was fast.

idk the mods were too quick lol. he is going to lose it. he definitely needs some time to cool off.

we all knew it was coming too. J Upton got traded to another team and Jacoby is still on the red sox? recipe for stiffy disaster.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

All we need now is for the bosox to announce that wake is coming back as a "special" advisor to "special" assistants pedro and tek.

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he's already working with Steven Wright...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

All we need now is for the bosox to announce that wake is coming back as a "special" advisor to "special" assistants pedro and tek.

[/QUOTE]

Tek and Pedro actually have value to the organization though. Tek for obviously reasons.. he always seemed to be destined for management. Pedro has been looking to get into the business side of baseball for awhile now and is one of the best pitchers of his time. he definitely has an eye for talent.

Wake brings nothing to the table

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[/QUOTE]

Tek and Pedro actually have value to the organization though. Tek for obviously reasons.. he always seemed to be destined for management. Pedro has been looking to get into the business side of baseball for awhile now and is one of the best pitchers of his time. he definitely has an eye for talent.

Wake brings nothing to the table. unless he is going to mentor Wright

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[/QUOTE]

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Nah, those hirings are mostly PR in the early years and working with the young guys in Spring Training.

how is that PR?? tek and pedro working in the FO isn't going to make anymore people tune into NESN than before.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

how is that PR?? tek and pedro working in the FO isn't going to make anymore people tune into NESN than before.

Reggie has been a "special advisor" for years, do you really think he has a major impact in the FO?

No, they may have a little input as far as an opinion on a certain player, but they mostly do guest appearances and the obvious ST "instructor"

[/QUOTE]

i dont know. I'm not a part of yankee FO, red sox FO or any FO for that matter. an organization can't be run by business guys, number crunchers and people of the sort. I would imagine You need to have guys who played the game, understand the nuances of what it takes to be a great player and also handle the pressure of playing in the big markets. I don't need (or want) them to play big roles in the FO but i would rather have Tek and pedro have some input in personnel decisions than joe shmoe with his pocket protector and bowl haircut lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Reggie has been a "special advisor" for years, do you really think he has a major impact in the FO?

No, they may have a little input as far as an opinion on a certain player, but they mostly do guest appearances and the obvious ST "instructor"

[/QUOTE]

i dont know. I'm not a part of yankee FO, red sox FO or any FO for that matter. an organization can't be run by business guys, number crunchers and people of the sort. I would imagine You need to have guys who played the game, understand the nuances of what it takes to be a great player and also handle the pressure of playing in the big markets. I don't need (or want) them to play big roles in the FO but i would rather have Tek and pedro have some input in personnel decisions than joe shmoe with his pocket protector and bowl haircut lol

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I'm sure there's some input on personnel, but they also have scouts, psychologists etc that perform those duties. 

Some may excell and move up the ranks, but early on they don't hold a tremendous amount of weight. Just because someone was a great player, doesn't make him a great FO person.

i agree, but you won't know for sure if you don't give them a role in the FO and see how they do. I'm not saying Vtek is going to be the next president of BB ops and Pedro will be our future GM but i would imagine they will do alright working in the FO (at least, i'm sure about Vtek)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I'm sure there's some input on personnel, but they also have scouts, psychologists etc that perform those duties. 

Some may excell and move up the ranks, but early on they don't hold a tremendous amount of weight. Just because someone was a great player, doesn't make him a great FO person.

i agree, but you won't know for sure if you don't give them a role in the FO and see how they do. I'm not saying Vtek is going to be the next president of BB ops and Pedro will be our future GM but i would imagine they will do alright working in the FO (at least, i'm sure about Vtek)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

mef429 man, you're making me see double! :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Figure it out people. This is a low payroll cheap operation. They want players who are at major league minimum or "NiceGuys" who are good to their reporters from NESN and participate in their charities. Young Players fall into that category. Young Ben was read the riot act by Larry "The Hatchetman" Luchinno when he agreed to be the General Manager. Ben is not calling the shots here, Larry is. They are maximizing profits under rhe guise of developing Young Players. The flaw with this plan is that not all rookies develop like Larrs Anderson, Wayland, Ranaundo, and others but it buys them two years of charging top dollar at Fenway and keeping the oayroll much lower. This is going to be a very very long year for Red Sox Nation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Figure it out people. This is a low payroll cheap operation. They want players who are at major league minimum or "NiceGuys" who are good to their reporters from NESN and participate in their charities. Young Players fall into that category as well. Young Ben was read the riot act by Larry "The Hatchetman" Luchinno when he agreed to be the General Manager. Ben is not calling the shots here, Larry is. They are maximizing profits under rhe guise of developing Young Players. The flaw with this plan is that not all rookies develop like Larrs Anderson, Wayland, Ranaundo, and others but it buys them two years of charging top dollar at Fenway and keeping the oayroll much lower. This is going to be a very very long year for Red Sox Nation.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Figure it out people. This is a low payroll cheap operation. They want players who are at major league minimum or "NiceGuys" who are good to their reporters from NESN and participate in their charities. Young Players fall into that category. Young Ben was read the riot act by Larry "The Hatchetman" Luchinno when he agreed to be the General Manager. Ben is not calling the shots here, Larry is. They are maximizing profits under rhe guise of developing Young Players. The flaw with this plan is that not all rookies develop like Larrs Anderson, Wayland, Ranaundo, and others but it buys them two years of charging top dollar at Fenway and keeping the oayroll much lower. This is going to be a very very long year for Red Sox Nation.

Low payroll?  All these signings have them back up to around $170 million. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Another member of the Crybaby Cadre checks in...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Low payroll?  All these signings have them back up to around $170 million. 

^^^ this. only a fool would think us being a shade under the luxury tax threshold would be "low payroll cheap operation"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

You guys are id10ts.... Upton would of rejected the deal... Why play in Boston where African players get disrecpected by fans, and media...