J. Upton Market was Cheap, Low Quality and Typical Quantity (Incompetent Cherry you should have deal set with our without Braves!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

You guys are id10ts.... Upton would of rejected the deal... Why play in Boston where African players get disrecpected by fans, and media...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

You guys are id10ts.... Upton would of rejected the deal... Why play in Boston where African players get disrecpected by fans, and media...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

How does Boston.com not fix the add your post glitch...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yeah been a Sox fan since 1977.  You think this team is going to do well. Don't drink the Kool Aid buddy. This team will be slighly better than last year. They did not spend their money wisely.

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to AL34's comment:

Figure it out people. This is a low payroll cheap operation. They want players who are at major league minimum or "NiceGuys" who are good to their reporters from NESN and participate in their charities. Young Players fall into that category. Young Ben was read the riot act by Larry "The Hatchetman" Luchinno when he agreed to be the General Manager. Ben is not calling the shots here, Larry is. They are maximizing profits under rhe guise of developing Young Players. The flaw with this plan is that not all rookies develop like Larrs Anderson, Wayland, Ranaundo, and others but it buys them two years of charging top dollar at Fenway and keeping the oayroll much lower. This is going to be a very very long year for Red Sox Nation.

Another member of the Crybaby Cadre checks in...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slaaonta71. Show slaaonta71's posts

hey  sorry folks it would,nt  send for me earler i did,nt realize it did send it  so that was pure accentdent

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I thought Upton might qualify as "sexy" so I am surprised Luchino did not order Ben to get him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I see .... forum still messed up

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

I thought Upton might qualify as "sexy" so I am surprised Luchino did not order Ben to get him.

That would have been Werner's call I think.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't think any of Sox management was interested in Justin.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

Don't you just love all of this stupidity and conflict. This place rocks.

Glad to see you're still doing your best to live by your own words.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

Don't you just love all of this stupidity and conflict. This place rocks.

"you STILL haven't answered my question pike...... if this place is so bad why do you keep coming here day in and day out just to whine about the state of the forum?" surely you can find another forum that meets your standards

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Glad He,s Off The Market, Tired Of Hearing How Ben Should Have Done This, Ben Should Of Have Done That, He,s A Brave Its Over...Thank God....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Glad He,s Off The Market, Tired Of Hearing How Ben Should Have Done This, Ben Should Of Have Done That, He,s A Brave Its Over...Thank God....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I'm surprised non eof the resident stats experts have pointed out that Arizona got Prado.

Prado is not a huge drop off from Upton.  he strikes out way less and is not a headcase.

Arizona got a very good player, a good pitcher and prospects.  Atlanta got the guy with "unlimited potential" and a really poor 3B.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I'm surprised non eof the resident stats experts have pointed out that Arizona got Prado.

Prado is not a huge drop off from Upton.  he strikes out way less and is not a headcase.

Arizona got a very good player, a good pitcher and prospects.  Atlanta got the guy with "unlimited potential" and a really poor 3B.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I would say "in a rare moment, I agree with Softy" but so many of his attempted contributions to this thread have been banned htere is no way to figure out if he had a kernel that might have led to a thought. 

But if this point is that the Red Sox should have gone harder after Upton given the modest package the Braves gave up, I'd say yes I agree. 

If however this was another opportunity to bash Ellsbury relentlessly then it's hard to know what to say, we all know Softy has a love/hate for Ells that is usually flipped on the hate channel when he's online here. 

At this point I'd like to see the Sox focusing on pitching anyway, I know softy is satisfied with our thin parade of barely adequate starting pitching but I am many other fans are not. There's a few months to get this sorted, even modest improvements or added depth for when Lackey flames out would be acceptable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I would say "in a rare moment, I agree with Softy" but so many of his attempted contributions to this thread have been banned htere is no way to figure out if he had a kernel that might have led to a thought. 

But if this point is that the Red Sox should have gone harder after Upton given the modest package the Braves gave up, I'd say yes I agree. 

If however this was another opportunity to bash Ellsbury relentlessly then it's hard to know what to say, we all know Softy has a love/hate for Ells that is usually flipped on the hate channel when he's online here. 

At this point I'd like to see the Sox focusing on pitching anyway, I know softy is satisfied with our thin parade of barely adequate starting pitching but I am many other fans are not. There's a few months to get this sorted, even modest improvements or added depth for when Lackey flames out would be acceptable.

i like our depth as is. unless we deal a starter or are willing to pick up some retread on a MiL deal i don't see us upgrading our staff.

as it stands now we have:

Lester

buch

Lackey

Doobie

Dempster

Morales/RDLR/Tazawa/Aceves/Webster/Wright who can step in in the event someone goes down.

no one is taking lackey, it seems the sox aren't parting with Lester or we would have had Will Myers, Can't trade Dempster just yet. So that really just leaves Doobie/Morales and Buch who are tradable.

Morales and Doubront are young lefties with good stuff and lots of potential. If we're willing to part with some better prospects and/or Salty + Jacoby we can certainly come away with a modest upgrade. If Doubront is traded then his replacement just slots into his spot in the rotation. If Morales is traded then Doobie is moved into the pen as the long man/spot starter.

Buch is the least likely to be traded of the 3. We should only trade him if we are getting an ace in return. Since teams are unwilling to part with their ToR pitchers this lessens the chance a deal is out there for an upgrade over Buch. Unless we are really going to blow an opposing GM away with an offer of Buch, Jacoby, XB + others (maybe WMB??)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

i like our depth as is. unless we deal a starter or are willing to pick up some retread on a MiL deal i don't see us upgrading our staff.

as it stands now we have:

Lester

buch

Lackey

Doobie

Dempster

Morales/RDLR/Tazawa/Aceves/Webster/Wright who can step in in the event someone goes down.

no one is taking lackey, it seems the sox aren't parting with Lester or we would have had Will Myers, Can't trade Dempster just yet. So that really just leaves Doobie/Morales and Buch who are tradable.

Morales and Doubront are young lefties with good stuff and lots of potential. If we're willing to part with some better prospects and/or Salty + Jacoby we can certainly come away with a modest upgrade. If Doubront is traded then his replacement just slots into his spot in the rotation. If Morales is traded then Doobie is moved into the pen as the long man/spot starter.

Buch is the least likely to be traded of the 3. We should only trade him if we are getting an ace in return. Since teams are unwilling to part with their ToR pitchers this lessens the chance a deal is out there for an upgrade over Buch. Unless we are really going to blow an opposing GM away with an offer of Buch, Jacoby, XB + others (maybe WMB??)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

you NEVER offered XB??

J. Upton is, I repeat, is worth our #1 prospect. J. Upton isn't much older than Bogaerts and already has a MLB career record that is manifest with proven production at an elite level vs. peers in his age group. - Stiffy

remind me again who our #1 prospect is??

Hes 5 years older than Bogy...What r u smokin?

Did softhead actually get 2 names banned within a matter of minutes??? Classic :)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to slaaonta71's comment:

hey  sorry folks it would,nt  send for me earler i did,nt realize it did send it  so that was pure accentdent

If it doesnt work the first time you click on "add your post" , then just refresh the page instead of repeatedly hitting "add your post". after refreshing the page it should have added your post. It would be safe to copy your post first just in case though....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

you NEVER offered XB??

J. Upton is, I repeat, is worth our #1 prospect. J. Upton isn't much older than Bogaerts and already has a MLB career record that is manifest with proven production at an elite level vs. peers in his age group. - Stiffy

remind me again who our #1 prospect is??

Hes 5 years older than Bogy...What r u smokin?

Did softhead actually get 2 names banned within a matter of minutes??? Classic :)

he was in a rage lol. what did you expect though? his latest man-crush was traded to a different team and big numbah two is still on the red sox.