JACKIE BRADLEY JR COMETH.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

JACKIE BRADLEY JR COMETH.........

After tonights game for the National eague road trip !!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: JACKIE BRADLEY JR COMETH.........

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Got a link?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Got a link?

RED SOX extra bases  !!!!!   Read between the lines !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Got a link?

Suprisingly, Bill is actually going to be right on this one. It makes too much sense with the sox heading to a NL ballpark, not to have an extra position payer on the roster, specifically an extra outfielder. .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Got a link?

Suprisingly, Bill is actually going to be right on this one. It makes too much sense with the sox heading to a NL ballpark, not to have an extra position payer on the roster, specifically an extra outfielder. .

I think so too...there is a need for an extra OF. Too bad its Bradley. He really needs to swing the bat all year at Pawtucket. Last trip up proved he is not ready for prime time just yet. Too many holes in his swing.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

A few days late. 

Gomes is starting tonite bating 2nd with a 2 foe 29 line against Lee.  His BA and OBP have both slipped over 30 pts in May. 

You think Cliff Lee would be a good matchup for Bradley?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Got a link?

I think so too...there is a need for an extra OF. Too bad its Bradley. He really needs to swing the bat all year at Pawtucket. Last trip up proved he is not ready for prime time just yet. Too many holes in his swing.

He is batting .360 in the minors so i think deserves another look.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Make Bradley play another 2-3 monts before a call up...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill is right on this one, likely anyhow...not sure why he didn't feel like posting the link but here it is: 

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2013/05/red_sox_activat.html

"With the Sox headed into a National League ballpark Wednesday for the first time this season, they will likely make another move Tuesday night, adding an extra position player. Jackie Bradley Jr. is the likely candidate for the call-up for the games in Philadelphia, though Farrell said it hasn't been finalized.

Since being sent to Triple A, Bradley has hit .360 with two home runs and nine RBIs, playing all three outfield positions. He was placed on the disabled list May 4 with biceps tendinitis, but since returning May 17, he has hit .438 (14 for 32) with a home run and six RBIs in eight games.

“Once he got past the shoulder tendinitis and got back on the field, he's been swinging the bat pretty well,” Farrell said. "If he were to come back, it would be as an extra outfielder."

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

JBJ had a HR in Spring training off Cliff Lee didn't he. Did we have much to lose there compared to Gomes 2 for 27?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Trade someone and bring Lavarnway and JBJ up!

RIGHT BILL!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

JBJ had a HR in Spring training off Cliff Lee didn't he. Did we have much to lose there compared to Gomes 2 for 27?

He threw  that one under handed.

Saw the HR myself, in person. Not only was it NOT underhand, Lee heaped some praise on the kid after the game. Try ADDING something next time

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

It was pure nonsense that Bradley needed to go to AAA. He's too good for AAA.

The Red Sox need to trade Ellsbury, where they will get better than the draft pick compensation.

Gomes is a bench guy, plain and simple. The bean counting with Bradley is embarrassing.

It's quite clear that management is going to squat on Ellsbury and take the draft compensation because they don't want to face the heat from fans who are still pipe dreaming that he'll take a QO and come back another year.

Lee exposed the reason the Red Sox are not a title contender.

B I N G O  !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

The Red Sox need to trade Ellsbury, where they will get better than the draft pick compensation.

Gomes is a bench guy, plain and simple. The bean counting with Bradley is embarrassing.

It's quite clear that management is going to squat on Ellsbury and take the draft compensation because they don't want to face the heat from fans who are still pipe dreaming that he'll take a QO and come back another year.

I've noted that you think Bradley will lead the team to the World Series this year......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

The king of one game sample sizes....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I don't want to sound stuck up, but I was one of the first in here during spring training trying to get people to want to pump the brakes on JBJ.  I've always loved him as a prospect but I just thought it was too soon.  But I think he has made improvements down in Pawtucket, and this should be a much smaller step for him that it was earlier in the season.

I don't expect him to be great, but I think we will see something better than what we did earlier. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Some geniune silliness from bill-806 and softlaw on this thread.  Bradley sure looks like the heir apparent to the CF job, but right now he is nothing if not redundant--another fast, good-fielding lefty hitting outfielder who occasionally might hit a dinger, exactly what Victorino and Ellsbury already provide except that Ellsbury and Victorino are both more likely to contribute on offense. So are Carp and Nava, for that matter. 

Moreover, softlaw and his accolyte bill appear to think the Sox are badly in need of fixing despite leading the AL East by a game late in May in a season when the Sox appear to have been tranformed by somewhat minimalist offseason acquisitions.  The Sox only marquee players have been here all along--Buchholz, Lester, Ortiz, Pedroia, and sometimes Ellsbury--but the attitude in the clubhouse and on the field has been transformed and these guys are finding ways to win games rather than lose them. 

Like practically everyone else, I look forward to the day when Iglesias and Bradley are starting for the Sox, but in the meantime I do not understand the constant attacks by these two--softy and bill--on Drew, Ellsbury, Victorino, and practically everyone else (Ortiz, Pedroia, Buchholz and maybe Lester are exceptions) on a winning team. 

As for Bradley, right now he is just a spare part, as Ellsbury was in 2007 and somewhat in 2008, available to play anywhere in the outfield just so he can play.  And, lest we forget, Ellsbury was a whole lot better in 2007 than Bradley has so far shown himself to be in 2013. 

One thing I do agree with is the dearth of good righty bats in this lineup--softy has preached this endlessly.  So why the clamor for another lefty bat, Bradley's, and one that does not hit that many dingers? 

If Bradley can show this year he can hit MLB pitching, I would not object to trading Ellsbury for a really good righty bat, but I have very little confidence that is possible.  I mean, who wants to give up a good righty bat?  softlaw's constant urging the FO to trade Ellsbury makes no sense to me.   

Meanwhile, Ellsbury right now is a much bigger offensive threat than Bradley is and maybe ever will be.  Bradley right now is just visiting the big club--for good reason. 

Sections
Shortcuts